A Car Dash Camera or Car Dashcam is helpful while you are driving. Why there are lots of things that can happen when you are driving. There might be accidents, fire, illegal maneuvers, passing the speed limit, and so on. But most of the time people can’t really tell what has happened, because nobody recorded it. And so it is good to have a nice camera on board that can help the authorities understand what happened. Of course, this can happen only if you decide to help with footage, but you get the idea. Besides providing evidence of external happenings, you could also record the interior of your car if you like.
This helps vloggers that like to do car vlogs or just want to take some shots from the car. This type of camera is called a car dash camera. However, this can also help you if any corrupted authority asks you for bribes or anything else. You can just send this footage to the police and they’ll take care of this. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Air Purifiers, Mobile Holders For Car, Car engine Oils, Rooftop cargo Carriers, Car mats, Car Vacuum Cleaners, car seat covers, Car Covers, Car Chargers Types, Air pump for Car, Car Puncture Repair Kit, Car Reverse Cameras, Car Luggage Carrier, vehicle tracking systems, car covers, car seat covers, Car Air Fresheners, and car polish in India.
But how do you choose a good camera to capture the best road footage possible? Take a look at this article to find out.
Best 10 Car Dash Cameras in India
Buyers Guide – Dash Camera
A car dash camera is perfect for car trips because it is light and also cheaper than other cameras. However, you will need to expect less quality. Now it’s time to learn how to find the best dash camera for you.
Here’s a buyer’s guide keeping in mind for ones who want to buy a purpose-built dash camera for car
Audio & Video Quality:
- You will need to make sure that the camera has good audio and video quality.
- If it doesn’t have audio, it’s still fine.
- If you want to capture any incident with the best video quality so that authorities can understand easier what happened.
- So look for a camera that has at least 720p resolution, which is HD.
Reviews & Specifications:
- Check the reviews and the specification for the mount quality that you are going to buy.
- If the mount can’t sustain the weight of a camera, you will likely damage the device.
- So look for a sturdy mount for your dash camera.
- Before choosing a 4K expensive camera to record your footage, think a little bit about memory space.
- Make sure that you have a powerful memory card and large enough to stock your files on.
- The minimum storage should be 64GB.
- Check if the camera has night vision. This will make the camera a good recorder even in dark.
- Check for the camera size.
- If you can’t fit bigger models, consider buying a tiny one.
- The loop recordings are, again, important.
- So check the item’s description to see that the product has this feature.
Features of Car Dash Camera
When it comes to any kind of camera, we will always need to understand the features of a good model. But what are the features of a good car dash camera?
Well, it is pretty important to fit well in the car, but you will definitely want to take a look at those features:
- A decent car dash camera has a very good recording quality.
- Whether if you captured footage of an accident or you just wanted to film yourself, you will need quality footage.
- If a camera doesn’t provide good quality recordings, it just doesn’t matter that you took it at a good price.
- You will just get disappointed.
- The resolution of the camera should have at least HD or High Definition resolution (1280×720)
- The cameras made for car recording should have a loop recording.
- This means that the camera will keep recording until it fills the memory card.
- After this happens, the camera will start to stock the next video files over the old ones.
- However, if an incident happens, a good car dash camera will automatically lock the footage that showed the incident, so that you don’t lose the evidence.
- Another good feature is the GPS, which will provide additional information about your exact location during an unexpected incident.
- Combine that with the footage you took and you are set.
- An interesting feature is the parking protection one.
- This feature makes the camera capture footage when it detects movement, or when the car moves.
- This will make sure that you know someone hit your car or that they tried to rob it.
- Keep in mind that this feature will not work unless you have an in-built power supply, which keeps the camera on.
- Traditional cameras use an SD memory card. The most recommended is 64GB for long-lasting space.
- A good feature for a car dash camera is an LCD screen, which allows you to view the recorded footage.
- The best way to ensure that you captured the whole scene is by having wide lenses. They will capture a bigger angle.
- Another important feature for a dash camera is the mount.
- A good mount will hold it in place and will prevent the camera from falling.
Types of Car Dash Cameras
A normal DSLR camera can’t do all those things since those cameras need a lot of space and are heavy. You can’t just hang them in the car. However, there are smaller, lighter models of cameras that manufacturers created so that you can put them on cars.
When it comes to different types of cameras, there are only 3 types. Those differ in quality, but also in the different usage of all 3.
Here you have the 3 main types of car dash cameras:
The Basic Dash Camera:
This camera has the main purpose of recording car trips. Today we will talk mostly about this, so the details in this section don’t have any purpose. However, the dash cameras with advanced features are the only ones that have all the features mentioned above.
Even though some products from this category are very big and heavy, some are just fine for car usage. However, the features that a purpose-built camera is not present in this type of camera.
Our old friend found its place amongst those types of cameras as well. Nowadays, you don’t even need a car dash camera, as you can use your mobile phone placed on a car mount.
How Does a Car Dash Camera Work?
Now you know the different devices that can be used for filming in a car. If you are going to buy a good camera for your car trips, you might as well learn how to use it. Once you get used to it, a camera is easy to use, but not until you learn its basics.
So here you have a step-by-step guide on how to record with a car dash camera:
- Make sure that the memory card is in its place and mount the camera on the dashboard of the car.
- The mounting methods differ from one model to another, so check your instructions.
- Get into the camera settings and make sure you have selected the loop recording (if you got one) and any other setting that a good camera should have.
- If you are having a night trip, then enable night vision.
- Start the recording and start driving.
- When you get to your home, make sure that the useless footage has been deleted.
- If any incident happened, get the footage out through your laptop by using the camera’s cable.
- Try avoiding incidents, so that you don’t need to get footage out.
Top 10 List of Car Dash Cameras in India Buyers Guide
This section of this article includes a top 10 list of the best car dash cameras available on the marketplace. This is a list that will help you skip hours and hours of researching, so make good use of it. Here’s the top 10 list:
1. 70mai Car DashCam Pro Smart with 1944p QHD Recording, Emergency Recording, App Control & G-Sensor:
This camera comes with a 1944p resolution with a time-lapse setting, and parking mode feature. And the design looks interesting and modern. This will produce sparkling and clear images. Defog Algorithm used in this product perfectly reduces the degradation of images and reproduces a clear vision while driving in a haze or snow or smoke environment.
- 70mai Car Dash Camera has a mobile app from which you can access it.
- This camera also has a built-in G-Sensor and whenever this sensor detects a collision, the 70mai camera will automatically lock the video as the emergency file to prevent it from being overwritten, which can be helpful in restoring the accident scene.
- The time-lapse setting is very useful for conserving space and vlogs.
- And the 1944p resolution will provide great detail and image quality.
- The camera is a bit more expensive than the others.
- Also, WDR technology does not compare to HDR, which balances the dark and light spots better.
2. Blueskysea Mini Car Dash Cam Camera with built-in WiFi, 360 Degree Rotatable Lens and G-Sensor:
This elegant camera comes with a WI-FI feature, a nice black color, and a resolution of 1080p at 30fps. This camera has small dimensions like 90mm x 29mm x 38mm without an LCD screen. And this small size and all-black form factor make it is more surreptitious. It has a 360degrees rotatable lens and memory card slot which supports up to 64GB storage.
- The lens can rotate at 360degrees, which makes it useful if you want to change the direction of your camera.
- Included built-in Wi-Fi feature allows you to set the camera from your phone and so it makes it user-friendly.
- This cam uses dual supercapacitors which are more reliable choices to operate in hot environments.
- The B1W camera comes with the parking mode function with G-sensor and this will be helpful in loop recording.
- The installation of this product is a little bit difficult.
- Also, you can’t share the recorded videos on Whatsapp or any other places.
3. DDPAI Car Dash Mini Camera with Exmor CMOS Sensor, 140° Wide Angle, WDR, G-Sensor & Parking Mode:
This camera comes with the 1080p resolution LCD Screen, WI-FI capabilities, and 140 degrees rotatable wide lens. You can capture good quality videos during the night or in low light conditions with the help of an advanced dynamic wide range image sensor and glass lens. And the G-Sensor is present as well.
- DDPAI Car Dash Camera has WI-FI capabilities, so you can connect your mobile phone to it.
- This product has a built-in G-sensor which automatically safeguards your images and clips upon sudden impacts. And included parking mode technology switches DDPAI Cam to parking mode when the car is stationary for 15 minutes.
- This dash camera has a memory card slot and it can be expandable up to 128GB of storage.
- Reviewers complain about the grainy footage in daylight situations, but this might be just a setting issue of the ISO.
- The DDPAI app has spyware.
4. AKASO V1 Car Dash Cam with 1.5-inch Screen, 1296P FHD, Sony Sensor, 170 Degree Wide Angle and 16GB Card:
This is the last product on this list. This camera comes with a small 1.5-inch screen and features include 1296p resolution, GPS, parking mode, loop recording, night vision, etc. It also has an auto On/Off feature and a microSD card that supports up to 128GB storage.
- AKASO V1 Car Dash Camera has WI-FI capabilities and it connects to a specific app for it.
- This cam has an F/1.8 large aperture with a nano-coating 6G lens module which ensures a better picture quality, and AKASO WDR technology provides enhanced details even in dark conditions.
- It comes with a 16GB card along with a car charger & power cable.
- The resolution is high and the wide lens will capture a lot from the surroundings.
- The LCD screen is very small. It will be hard to look into.
- And the material is plastic, which is not so durable.
5. APEMAN Car Dash Camera 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder with LCD Screen, G-Sensor, Parking Monitor, and Motion Detection:
The camera comes with a 1080p resolution and a nice simple design. You have lots of features, such as loop recording, a 3inch LCD screen, 170 degrees wide lens, and so on. Also, you can easily set up this and use Motion Detection, Parking Monitor, and Seamless Loop Recording while driving.
- APEMAN Car Dash camera has motion detection, which means that the camera will trigger the recording when it spots movement.
- The FHD resolution gives the camera good image quality, which will capture a lot of detail.
- Apeman cam has a combination of HDR, F1.8 large aperture and WDR, HDR and this will eliminate the need for an additional light source even in low-light environments.
- It has a 170° super-wide lens, which can capture the full road with ease as well as preserve the real scene.
- The low light image quality is not that great. However, it is because of the small sensor.
6. YI Car Smart Dash Camera with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Algorithm Space Grey:
This camera has an average grey look, with a simple design, and has an LCD screen on the back. It looks more like an action camera. However, its purpose is to record your car trips. Also, it has a 1080p resolution with 60fps. If the camera includes 60fps possibilities, then it captures more quality and you can also make a slow-motion video.
- YI Smart Car Dash Camera has Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) algorithm which is the most optimized and advanced visual recognition algorithm that ensures safe driving with real-time lane departure
- It has an emergency recording feature, which will make the camera save the footage quickly in case of an incident.
- Included built-in 2.7 inch TFT LCD widescreen, user-friendly icons, large buttons for intuitive operation, and quick recognition along with YI Dash Cam App.
- Also, it is very easy to use because of the simple and detailed settings.
- The color is ugly and the camera looks cheap because of it (not a technical issue).
- Also, the camera doesn’t come with an AC adapter.
7. Transcend Drive Pro 520 Car Dashcam 32GB Video Recorder with Suction Mount:
This camera comes with a 2.4-inch color LCD display and memory card with 32GB of storage and has an amount in its package. The resolution is 1080p and the lenses are recorded at a 130° angle. You will get an exclusive DrivePro520 app with this product for streaming and downloading videos.
- Transcend DrivePro Car Dash Camera’s main features includes Sony high-sensitivity sensor, Time-lapse video safeguards, and Motion G-Sensor.
- The aperture of the lenses is f/1.8 and this low aperture takes away the grain from the image and allows more light to come in the shutter.
- You can use the manufacturer’s app to download or stream the videos.
- Also, you have a handy snapshot so that you can take photos while the camera is recording.
- The pack is very expensive.
- And the maximum storage is 32GB, which isn’t quite much for 1080p footage.
8. OnReal Car Dual Dash Cam with Full HD 1080p Front and Rear Dash Cams, G-Sensor, 32GB SD Card, etc.:
This camera comes with a phone display design, 170degrees wide lens, and 1080p resolution along with a rear camera. It has the capability of recording Full HD video at 30fps. So that you can capture fast-moving scenes without any frame jumps. This pack has a suction cup mount, car charger as well.
- The pack includes a second camera that you can place in the back of the car.
- OnReal Car Dash Camera comes with a memory card of 32GB storage space.
- This camera has the best features like parking monitoring, gravity sensing, manual recording, loop recording, motion detection, WDR, and playback
- It has parking mode, loop recording, and motion detection.
- The maximum memory capacity is 32GB.
- Also, the rear video camera lacks some clarity.
9. Blaupunkt Car Dash Cam BP 2.1 FHD Digital Video Recorder:
This camera is a cubic model that has FHD resolution and an interesting Gopro Fusion design. A 120-degree ultra-wide viewing angle lens is included in this camera. You will get a 1-year warranty along with this product. You can record the videos in HD quality with 1080p or 720p or 480p Resolution.
- This camera has a Built-in speaker along with a built-in microphone.
- You have multiple settings for image resolution.
- Blaupunkt Car Dash Camera has a built-in G-sensor.
- It has a built-in microphone as well,
- The maximum memory capacity is only 32GB.
- And the display is quite small.
10. Procus Convoy Dash Camera for Car with Loop Recorder, 120° Wide Angle Lens & Motion Detector:
This camera comes with a 120 degrees lens and 1080p resolution. You can capture anything while you driving after setting up this in your car. It also has lots of the features mentioned above. This dashcam has a full metal frame body with an ultra-wide-angle lens. So that this will perfectly support the fluency & stability of HD recordings with the operating system.
- Procus Car Dash Camera has good motion detection, allowing the camera to capture as much crucial footage as possible.
- The camera has a loop recorder as well, to keep cycling the useless footage.
- This product has 2 main features i.e., Motion detection and Park mode which are helpful in providing safety for your car.
- The FHD video resolution will provide great detail.
- The lenses are not that wide, compared to other cameras, and won’t capture as much.
- The maximum space is 32GB, which from my experience is quite a small amount.
Finally, you have successfully reviewed the Top 10 Best Car dash Cameras. So, it should be easy for you to determine which dash camera will meet your requirements.
Go through the features of the most popular car dash cameras online before purchasing. Above all options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the car dashcam along with valuable benefits.