A car cover serves one main important purpose: namely protecting the car’s body. The cover protects the car’s body from direct sunlight and rain. Without covering, direct sunlight and rain can ruin your car’s paintwork completely. The cover also protects the car’s body from dust and rust. Further, the cover protects the car’s body from snow, scratches, bird droppings, wind, and nicks.
The cover can be very useful to you if you lack roofed parking for your car. It can also be very useful if you wish to have your cargo into long-term storage. The cover can save you the money you’d otherwise have to spend on repainting your car. It can save you the money you would otherwise have spent on panel beating (due to dents on the car body).
Top 10 Best Car Covers in India
Features of Car Cover
- The best car covers have waterproof quality.
- They, therefore, don’t allow any water to seep through onto the car bodies.
- That is especially with regard to rainwater, which can at times have a higher corrosive effect.
- Another feature that the best car covers have is dust proofing.
- The best car covers ‘catch/trap’ all the dust and don’t allow any to reach the car bodies.
- Yet another key feature that good car covers have is windproofing.
- The covers are incapable of being blown away by the wind, once installed on top of cars.
- They typically have ropes, belt buckle mechanisms, or other types of locks to secure them in place.
- Therefore even the strongest winds can’t blow them away.
- Good car covers are easy to fold and store.
- The best car covers are soft on the inside.
- They can therefore be put on top of the cars (and removed) without scratching the cars’ bodies.
- Some covers come with a side mirror and antenna pockets.
Types of Car Covers
- There are polyester car covers. Then there are polypropylene car covers. We also have matty car covers.
- There are waterproof car covers. Then there are water-resistant car covers. You may also occasionally come across a water-repellant car cover.
- There are universal-fit car covers. Then there are vehicle-specific-fit covers.
How to use a Car Cover?
- The first step is usually that of spreading the cover over the top part of the vehicle.
- The second step is that of pulling the cover downwards, so as to enclose the car’s lower parts. In doing this, you have to be gentle lest you tear the cover.
- The third step is that of securing the cover in place. This you do through the rope, belt buckle of whichever other mechanism is in place. This ensures that the cover won’t blow away when strong winds come.
- When it is time to remove the car cover, you start from the bottom parts going upwards.
- First, you untie or unbuckle the cover.
- Then you gently pull it upwards.
- Once you get to the top of the car, you can fold the cover-up.
- Then store it properly for next use.
Buying guide for Car Cover
- Firstly, ensure that the cover you buy has enough size to fully go over your car’s body. It should cover the car’s top part, middle part, and lower part: right up to wheel level.
- Check the fabric with which the cover is made. This will tell you how much protection from elements the covering will offer your vehicle.
- Ascertain whether the cover is waterproof or water-resistant.
- Check the mechanism that is put in place to protect the cover from being blown away by winds.
- Consider the quality of stitching in the car covers.
- Consider the car cover price as well. You may need to research a bit, to understand how the typical car covers price rates are like.
- Then settle for car covers that are going at a reasonable price (given their features, size, and so on).
- Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Bike Covers in India.
List of Top 10 Best Car Covers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Kingsway Dust Proof Car Body Covers (for Maruti Suzuki Alto)
Kingsway dustproof cover is made using silver matty. It has triple stitching for better effectiveness and durability.
- The price is affordable
- Cover offers good protection from dust
- Comes with a belt-buckle system to protect from being blown away by the wind
- It May is not fully waterproof
- Not ideal for use on car bodies that have undergone recent polishing or heating
2. Autofurnish Aero Waterproof Car Body Cover (Compatible with Hyundai Aura 2020)
Autofurnish cover Comes with car side mirror pockets. The external material is polyester.
- Has good heat resistance
- Easy to put on the car
- Has good waterproofing level
- Some may find the price high
- Cover may tear easily with rough handling
3. Adroitz Car Cover (for Hyundai Santro Xing)
Adroitz Cover is a Lightweight (hence easily foldable and storable) cover. It is of water-resistant type.
- Can be very durable with basic care
- The cover is water-resistant
- The cover’s silver color is quite elegant
- Doesn’t have side mirror pockets
- Some may find the material somewhat thin
4. AmazonBasics Large Sedan Car Cover
This is a polypropylene cover. Covers any Sedan size car right up to lower wheel level.
- Capable of repelling rainwater and snow
- Easy to install on the car
- Soft on the inside (hence can’t inadvertently scratch the car body)
- This cover is quite expensive
- It is somewhat heavy
5. ABS AUTO TREND Dust Proof Car Body Cover (for Maruti Suzuki Swift Old)
Ideal for either indoor or outdoor car covering use. Comes with triple stitching for great durability.
- It is a remarkably strong covering for car
- Price is within the low range
- Has an acceptable degree of weather resistance
- It Maybe inadequate for other bigger cars
- Being a polyester cover means it is quite delicate
6. Oshotto Tafetta Car Body Cover
Oshotto Tafetta is a car cover with great aesthetic appeal. The material is taffeta.
- Has triple stitching (for durability)
- Traps dust and sunlight from reaching the car underneath it
- Price is affordable
- It May is not fit perfectly onto other cars (besides Tata Tiago)
- Buckle lock is plastic
7. ARNV Car Body Cover for Honda City iVtec
This ARNV Cover is a heavy matty car cover. Includes mirror pockets.
- Protects car while allowing good air circulation
- Quite easy to clean
- Offers some protection to a car against industrial pollutants effect
- Some may find this car body covering fabric rather light
- Usually comes with one strap (rather than two) to keep it from being blow away by winds
8. MegaMind Silver Matty Car Body Cover for Maruti Suzuki Alto
Water-resistant car body cover. Offers considerable UV light protection.
- Tough and durable
- Adequate size to fully enclose whole car body
- Price is low enough for most
- Doesn’t seem to have mirror pockets
- May have fitting challenges with other vehicles (besides Maruti Alto)
9. DRIZE Car Cover for Celerio Zxi
Universal-fit body cover for cars. Material is polyester.
- Isn’t easily affected by climatic conditions
- Comes with mirror pockets
- Potentially durable with careful handling
- This is a water-resistant (not waterproof) car body cover
- May have slight fluttering in strong winds
10. AllExtreme Custom Fit Car Body Cover for Maruti Suzuki Swift
This is a polyester car cover. Fits the car (Maruti Suzuki Swift) right up to the ground.
- The fabric is tear-resistant
- Offers good UV light protection
- The cover looks elegant
- Washing this vehicle body cover can be slightly difficult
- Not fully compatible with most other vehicle models (besides Maruti Suzuki Swift)
With a proper car body cover, you can protect your vehicle’s bodywork from being ruined by weather and other elements. You may refer to this guide while shopping for a proper car cover.
What is the cost of car covers?
Car cover price can range from 200 to 1,800 rupees, depending on quality.
Which car cover is best?
The best car body cover is one that offers good UV light protection, is waterproof, windproof, and is sturdy,