Canon is a multinational company. Takeo Maeda, Goro Yoshida, and Sabura Uchida founded it in 1937. Ota, Tokyo is its head office. They originally named the company in Japanese. They changed it to Canon Camera Co. Inc., in 1947. In 1969, they shortened it further to Canon Inc.
However, it was set up in 1997 in India. They produce numerous things. Canon Lens Camera, Canon Wide Angle Lens, SLR cameras, Still cameras, Digital cameras, Printers, etc are few examples. Canon launched the Canon F-1, a high-end camera in 1971. In addition, they launched the Canon AE-1 in 1976. Most importantly, it was the world’s first camera embedding a micro-computer in it.
Moreover, in India, they are becoming popular in the past fifteen years. Currently, it’s one of the best-rated camera brands. To be specific, they are among the top three camera brands in India.
Top 9 Best Canon DSLR Cameras in India
List of Canon DSLR Cameras
Check at Amazon
Check at Flipkart.com
|1. EOS 1500D|
|2. EOS 80D|
|3. EOS 200D|
|4. EOS 3000D|
|5. EOS 90D|
|6. EOS 6D Mark II|
|7. EOS 850D|
|8. EOS 90D|
|9. EOS M6|
Features of a Canon DSLR Camera
- Canon DSLR cameras have a broad array of features. Users should select the one that suits them.
- However, it is not that easy. Pros and cons are there for every model.
- There are some main features to consider.
- Firstly, there are different sensors and image processors. These decide the clarity of the photos.
- In addition, the build quality and the options to transfer photos are important.
- For example, some cameras have Wi-Fi enabled. Thus, it is easier to transfer photos. The resolution of the video is another key factor.
- Moreover, the battery should last along. It should charge quickly too.
- The speed of the shutter varies per model. Similarly, the method to make the images stable is not the same for every model.
- Usually, all the models have a mike to record video. However, only some models have a wind filter for audio.
Types of Canon DSLR Cameras
- Canon cameras, in general, can be divided into three types.
- Cameras with an interchangeable lens with creative flexibility are the first type.
- These types of cameras are DSLR cameras.
- Then, compact digital cameras are the second type.
- These are light and easy to carry.
- Thirdly, there are instant cameras with pocket printers.
- Further, we can broadly classify Canon DSLR cameras into three types.
- Firstly, there are cameras for beginners.
- Secondly, cameras for professionals are available.
- Then, comes the cameras for photo lovers.
- The mentioned types are based on the users.
- Different series of cameras are there for different types.
- EOS2000D, EOS4000D, EOS200D, etc are suitable for basic users.
- Next, EOS 5DS R, EOS 5DS, EOS-1D X Mark III, etc. are good choices for professionals.
- Finally, EOS 80D, EOS 850D, EOS70D, etc. are great for mid-users.
Buyers’ Guide for Canon DSLR Camera
There are few ways to select the DSLR camera to buy.
- Firstly, if you are buying online, it is far easy. Filter the DSLR camera models based on ratings from high to low.
- Then, choose the range of budget. In addition, add filters for any special features, depending on your need.
- Also, read the reviews from various users. Finally, you will end up choosing the best DSLR camera.
- The second approach is for users to have a low price as their first priority. Initially, choose a DSLR camera with the lowest price.
- It will surely not have some features. So, go for the next higher-cost DSLR camera on the list.
- Similarly, keep going till your affordable price. Thus, you would have chosen the ideal camera for your budget.
- For beginners, a low-priced DSLR camera would be best initially.
- However, after getting used to the basic DSLR camera, they can then go for a high-end model.
- The photo lovers have the freedom of choosing from the above two approaches.
- However, if the price is not a matter, select the DSLR camera with the highest price.
- Also, make sure that all the high-end features are available in the model.
- Double-check if it is worth the cost. This way is very suitable for professional photographers.
- It will help them to meet all the needs of their customers.
How to use a Canon DSLR Camera?
- Everyone gets excited when buying a new camera, not just a DSLR camera.
- Especially, for people who buy a camera for passion, it is a dream come true.
- Some may be happy to the core seeing the available features.
- On the contrary, some may feel worried about how to use the modes.
- This is general for any camera bought.
- All the cameras, in general, come with a manual.
- These are very helpful to understand the various available modes.
- Also, they contain the do’s and don’ts for the specific model.
- It needs a lot of patience to read the entire manual.
- However, it is good to read it in full. As an alternative, there are videos available on the internet.
- These help the users to learn swiftly and effectively.
- Be careful not to pour any liquid even by mistake on the DSLR camera.
- Take a backup of the photos and videos from the camera often.
- It’s always good to have enough storage space. Further, an extra battery would be handy.
List of Top 9 Best Canon DSLR Cameras in India Buyers Guide
1. EOS 1500D Canon Camera
Canon launched this model in 2018 itself. An APS-C CMOS with 24.1MP is the sensor in it. DIGIC 4+ is the image processor.
- There is no lag while operating in live mode.
- The battery life is very decent.
- It is easy to connect the camera to a phone or a computer using Wi-Fi.
- The autofocus feature could have been better.
- While using in some modes, the noise is high.
2. EOS 80D
Canon introduced this model in the February of 2016 itself. However, it has a slightly higher 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor compared to the previous one. The image processor in it is DIGIC 6.
- It has a noise-free lens.
- The price is reasonable for its high quality.
- The live view for shooting is amazing.
- It doesn’t suit wildlife photographers. It is due to low zoom capacity.
- The quality of photos is not good in low light.
3. EOS 200D
The Canon DSLR camera EOS 200D model was launched in 2019. It has an APS-C CMOS sensor with roughly 24.1 MP. DIGIC 8 is the image processor in this model.
- The image processor is top-notch.
- It is easy to use. Hence, it is perfect for beginners.
- 16GB SD card and the camera bag are of good quality.
- An automatic flash is not available. Hence, you need to lift the flash manually.
- It weighs just 1.22 kilograms. So, it is very easy to carry.
4. EOS 3000D
The Canon EOS3000D is a 2018 model. It comes with an APS-C CMOS sensor with 18MP. DIGIC 4+ is the image processor in it.
- The camera is worth the price.
- The battery lasts for a long enough duration.
- It is easy to use. Hence, this is another model apt for beginners.
- The autofocus could have been better.
- 18MP sensor is a bit low compared to the other products on our list.
5. EOS 90D
Canon launched this model in 2019 itself. It has a 32.5 MP CMOS (APS-C) sensor. The image processor in this model is DIGIC 8.
- The performance is great due to its DIGIC 8 processor.
- It can accurately detect faces and eyes even from a long distance.
- Weighing less than a kilogram, it is a feather-light model.
- The HDMI recording quality could have been better.
- It is not great to capture photos in low light. Further, it is noisy.
6. EOS 6D Mark II
The Canon EOS 6D is a relatively old model launched in 2017 itself. It has a 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor. DIGIC 7 is the image processor in this model.
- The 26.2MP ensures a good resolution.
- It costs very little compared to the numerous features in it.
- Similar to the previous model, it is lightweight at just 765 grams.
- It has only one slot for an SD card. So, you would need to take the backup often.
- An inbuilt flash and 4K videography options are missing.
7. EOS 850D
In February 2020, Canon launched this model. It comes with a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor. The image processor in this model is DIGIC 8.
- It is very easy to use. So, this is a great choice for beginners.
- The autofocus feature works very well.
- The battery lasts long enough. It can take around 600 photos once fully charged.
- It has good features. However, it is priced a little high for its features.
- There is a viewfinder option. However, it is not accurate.
8. EOS 90D
This camera came to use in October 2019. A 32.5MP APS-C CMOS is the sensor in it. Similar to the previous model, it has the latest DIGIC 8 processor.
- The design is friendly to users.
- It has a good quality of images.
- A 32.5MP resolution is remarkable.
- There are different limitations to video recording. For example, only MP4 format is available. Further, there is a maximum duration limit for videos.
- A single SD card slot means that a backup is needed often.
9. EOS M6
Canon launched this model in 2017 itself. The sensor in this model is 24.2 Megapixel APS -C CMOS. DIGIC 7 is the image processor in this model.
- It is very easy to use.
- The design of this model is sleek.
- It weighs a mere 408 grams. So, it is very easy to carry.
- The autofocus feature works well in normal light. However, it doesn’t work well in dim light.
- Similar to the previous model, it is not nice for videos.
Canon is wooing users with various models. In addition, we can expect Canon to design more high-end DSLR cameras in the future. Depending on your priorities, you can choose the best one on our top 9 list.
Is Canon an Indian brand?
No, it is a Japanese brand. Further, they make most of the models outside India. This may change in the future, though.
Which Canon DSLR camera is best?
As mentioned earlier, different cameras suit different users. So, it depends on whether you are a beginner or a professional, or an intermediate user.
Is any warranty provided for Canon DSLR cameras?
Yes, Canon DSLR cameras do have a warranty. However, the warranty period is not the same for each model.
How much does a good Canon DSLR cost?
The lowest price of a Canon DSLR camera is 23,690 INR. On the contrary, the highest has a price of 3,39,995 INR.