As their name suggests, candle stands are mainly meant to support candles. Thus rather than placing a candle directly on the table, you place it on the stand. This eliminates the risk of the candle falling and blowing off. It also eliminates the (worse) risk of the candle falling, rolling, and starting a fire. Though the practical purpose of a candle stand is that of supporting a candle, it also has a decorative purpose.
Thus it is also ideal for use as a home décor item. The stands also find application in areas like meditation, aromatherapy, weddings, religious ceremonies, and so on. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Candle Holders & Scented Candles in India.
List of Top 10 Best Candle Stands in India
Features of Candle Stand
- The height of a candle stand matters a great deal.
- This determines how much it raises the candle inserted in it.
- The base of a candle stand is another feature that matters.
- This determines the stand’s stability (which can have safety implications).
- Yet another important feature in a candle stand is its aesthetic design.
- This determines how classy/elegant the stand will look.
Types of Candle Stands
- We may classify candle stands on the basis of the materials out of which they are crafted.
- Alternatively, we can classify them on the basis of the purposes they serve.
- On the basis of materials, we can start with the metal candle stands.
- Then we have glass candle stands. We also have wooden candle stands.
- On the basis of the purposes they serve, we have those that are primarily practical.
- So they simply serve the purpose of securing holding candles.
- On the other hand, we have those that are primarily decorative.
- So they serve the purpose of beautifying the spaces in which they are in use.
How to use a Candle Stand?
- It is often necessary to remove wax that may be remaining from the last user session.
- This calls for some cleaning, before using the candle stand.
- After removing the wax from the previous session, the next step is to insert your candle into the stand.
- Ensure that it is properly secured.
- Thereafter you can place the stand (with the candle in it) at a conspicuous point.
- Thereafter light up the candle.
- If the stand is metallic, you may need to be polishing it regularly, to maintain its luster.
Buying guide for Candle Stand
- You have the option of buying candle stands online.
- Alternatively, you can buy candle stands at local stores.
- The benefits you get when you buy the candle stands online include a broader variety to choose from and lower prices.
- Before buying a candle stand, you will want to know what it is made from.
- You will also want to check how elegant it looks, and how easy it is to clean.
- You will further need to know how easy it is to handle.
- Some, for instance, those made using glass can be rather too fragile/delicate.
List of Top 10 Best Candle Stands in India-Buyers Guide
1. Homesake Solid Glass Candle Stand
The material is glass (but the solid rather than fragile type). The pack comes with two individual stands.
- It has considerable elegance
- This stand’s base is stable
- Has good utility (both practical and decorative)
- Some may find the price to be on the higher side
- The size is rather small
2. CASADECOR Wooden Candle Holder Stand Combo
Material is wood. Ideal for tabletop mounting.
- These are ornamental stands
- Suitable for use as a gift item
- Height is considerably good
- Comes in a pack of two (even where you only need one stand)
- Wax removal from these stands can be hectic
3. ITOS365 Wooden Candle Holder Stand
What you get here are 3 stands, in a set. Ideal for use as ambiance items.
- Base is stable
- Price is reasonable for three stands
- The stands maintain elegance for long term
- Three stands (as in this set) may be superfluous for some/most people
- Wax may percolate to the base
4. eCraftIndia Red Candle Stand
eCraftIndia candle stand is a metallic stand. Comes with a religious theme.
- Has great elegance
- Easy to clean
- Raises the candle considerably
- Price is quite high
- Some may feel that the stand’s weight is uneven
5. GIG Handicrafts 5 Arm Aluminium Ambrose Candle Holder
Can support up to 5 candles at the same time. This stands theme is festival or wedding.
- The base has soft padding to protect the table
- It is an undeniable vintage feel to it
- Includes beautiful engraving
- It is quite expensive
- May lose luster with time
6. Skywalk Hand Crafted Metal Brass Candle Stand
It is a metallic stand, with gold color. The finish type is polished.
- It offers a good combination of practical usability and aesthetic appeal
- Raises the candle up considerable (because of its height)
- Easy to maintain
- It May require a bit of polishing to maintain luster
- Supports only one candle (has only one arm)
7. Discount ARA Antique Tealight Candle Holder
Material is wrought iron. You get 2 stands, each with three arms.
- Comes in ready to use the form
- It is undeniably beautiful
- Easy to remove wax
- The pack comes with two stands (which some may find superfluous)
- Some may find the stand’s stability to be wanting
8. S.S TRADERS Pure Brass Candle Stand
Supports up to 7 lights. Raises the lights reasonably high (its height being 9 inches).
- Has a classy, shiny body
- Weight is good, at 410 grams
- Offers decent stability
- Price may be beyond the reach for some
- May require frequent polishing to maintain luster
9. FESTIVE BLESSINGS Elegant Golden Lotus Candle Stand
What you get here is a set of three stands. Comes with a bright finish, which is golden in theme.
- Has great elegance
- Easy to clean
- Has decent height
- Price is quite high
- The design obscures the light somehow (but also gives an appreciable golden glow)
10. M T Handicrafts Candle Holders and Stand
Comes with 5 arms. Height is at size-13.
- It has a traditional classy look
- Offers good stability
- Supports 5 lights simultaneously
- It is somewhat costly
- May require frequent polishing
A good candle stand can help you to enhance the ambiance of your space. This guide has the information you need to identify and purchase an ideal candle stand.
What is a candle stand called?
It is called a candlestick. If it has many arms, you can call it a candelabrum.
What is the best candle stand?
One that offers good support to inserted candles, is aesthetically appealing, and has a good base.
What is the price of the candle stand?
Candle stand prices range from 300 to 1,000 rupees, though some cost as much as 1,600 rupees.