In the baking process, it is usually necessary to line the baking trays (or cake tins). This is where butter paper comes in. When baking trays or cake tins are lined up with butter papers, the baking process becomes easier. For one, it becomes easy to remove the cakes at the end of the baking process. They don’t stick. And secondly, it becomes easier to clean the baking trays or cake tins. That is because it eliminates the need for greasing the baking trays/cake tins.
Top 10 Best Butter Papers in India
Features of a Butter Paper
- The ability to withstand very high temperatures is an important feature of butter paper.
- Another key feature in butter papers is non-stickiness.
- The butter papers should stick to the baking trays or cake tins in which it is used.
- Neither should the cakes wrapped in the butter papers stick to it.
- Food safety is yet another key feature in butter papers.
- At the very least, it should only be made from food-grade paper.
- So is a good thickness and general ease of use.
Types of Butter Papers
- Some butter papers are sold in the form of pre-cut sheets. Others come in the form of uncut rolls.
- These papers are of bleached variety. Others are non-bleached.
- We have butter papers that are biodegradable. Then there are others that are not biodegradable.
- These papers are reusable. Others are disposable (not suitable for reuse).
How to use Butter Paper?
- You first need to prepare the dough with which you will be baking.
- Once the dough is ready, get the baking trays/cake tins you will be using out.
- Wipe them. Then place the butter papers on the baking trays/cake tins.
- Ensure that these papers cover the surface adequately.
- Then introduce the dough into the baking trays/cake tins.
- Proceed to bake as per the recipe you are using.
- At the end of the baking process, remove the cakes (that are covered in butter paper).
- Remove them from the baking trays/cake tins.
- Then gently remove the paper wrapping, to expose your ready cakes.
Buying guide for Butter Paper
- The butter paper you buy should be easy to use.
- Where possible, go for precut butter papers.
- Where you have to use uncut rolls of butter papers, ensure that they are easy to cut.
- Ensure that the butter papers you buy are food safe.
- It should only be made from food-grade paper.
- The papers you buy should be thick enough to provide meaningful covering.
- You may get the best butter papers price if you choose to buy online.
List of Top 10 Best Butter Papers in India-Buyers Guide
1. RANUR PHOENIX Baking Sheet
RANUR PHONENIX sheets are white, pre-cut butter papers. Modest size, at 10 by 10 inches.
- Ready to use (precut)
- Very low price
- White color/clean looking
- A quite small size (at 10 by 10 inches)
- Can be hard to reuse
2. RANUR PHOENIX Butter Paper Sheets
RANUR PHOENIX sheets are butter papers without a curling effect. Also precut and ready to use immediately.
- A quite reasonable price
- Genuinely grease-proof
- Thicker than average
- Too small for some baking trays
- Opening the package requires patience
3. Freshee 5 Meter Parchment Paper Roll
Freshee paper roll is an uncut roll of butter paper. 5 meters long and very low price.
- Can withstand very high temperatures
- Material is biodegradable
- Preserves food taste
- Has to be cut (not precut)
- Roll has a modest length
4. AG E-Com Non-Stick Butter Paper
AG E-Com paper is a rather long butter papers roll. At 25 meters long, it is greater than average.
- Value for money (given extra length)
- Can be used in reheating as well
- Very hygienic packaging
- Can be hard to reuse
- Paper too thick for some
5. LEE FRESH Food Wrapping Butter Paper Roll
LEE FRESH Paper roll strongest selling point here is extra width: at 280 mm. Also has the moisture-balancing feature.
- Organic cellulose material (hence natural)
- Can also be used in lunch box packing
- Wide enough for most baking trays
- Uncut (hence has to be cut before usage)
- Packaging can be hard to unwrap
6. Butter Paper for Wrapping Food (with Cutter)
Butter Paper is a standard 20-meter roll. Comes with a free cutter.
- Multipurpose (suitable for baking, reheating, etc.)
- Comes with a free cutter
- Compatible with most baking trays, baking tins, and pans
- Slightly higher price
- You have to measure and cut (it’s not precut)
7. WI Butter Paper
What you get here are 100 precut butter papers. Each is 9 by 10 inches.
- Ready to use immediately (precut)
- Very good price
- Good moisture resistance
- Sheets are only 9 by 10 inches
- Oven-safe only up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
8. HONEST SERVISH/Butter Papers Sheet
HONEST SERVISH Paper is one of the lowest price butter papers. They are of non-wax variety.
- Low price (but only 50 sheets)
- Already pre-cut for immediate use
- Also compatible with microwave
- Sheets too small for some baking trays
- Packaging is too basic
9. Hpk Butter Papers Sheet Roll
Hpk butter papers are able to withstand some of the highest temperatures. Comes with a free brush and spatula.
- Economical (as you only cut needed size)
- Very hygienic packaging
- Comes with a free brush and spatula
- Quite hard to reuse
- Roll width inadequate for some
10. UltimoWraps Butter Paper Jumbo Roll
One of the longest butter papers rolls at 50 meters. Can be used for many wrapping applications, besides baking.
- Roll is longer than average (50 meters)
- Has moisture-balancing feature
- Natural material:100% cellulose
- A slightly higher price (but with extra length to justify)
- Limited to 220 Celsius degrees.
Butter paper can help you bake more elegant cakes. It can also help you protect your food from drying up during reheating. Use the information in this guide to make the best butter paper choice while shopping.
What is butter paper used for?
Butter paper is used for lining baking trays and cake tins. Can also be used to preserve moisture during reheating.
Is butter paper waterproof?
What most butter papers have is ‘moisture balancing’ capability.
Which butter paper is best?
The best butter paper is non-sticky, moisture-balancing, and adequately thick.