Tired of kneading the flour to make dough for the open-air bread. Then you need to improve your cooking style. Well, when you come up to the next level of cooking, you will have more variety of meals to prepare. It is indeed like every next level unlocks more meals to cook. When talking about the next level of open-air doughs and bread, you need the bread maker.
A bread maker is a multi-purpose home appliance that can knead the dough and bake bread. Its multifunctional capability can save your time and effort that you spend in the kitchen. All you have to do is to pour in the ingredients and let the maker do the job. Also, check the buyers guide for the Best Idle maker, Bread Toasters, Sandwich makers, Dough Makers, pizza makers,& Microwave ovens in India.
List of Top 6 Best Bread Maker Machine Brands in India
Features of the Bread maker
When talking about the features of a bread maker, the very first feature to count is the cooking ease. With this appliance, you do not have to apply effort and use energy to knead the dough and bake bread. However, some consumers even confuse the operations of the bread maker with an oven. An oven can cook flatbread. But the bread makers are for the stuffed bread.
Besides, the best bread makers include a very important feature:
Cold wall: The best bread makers in the world feature the cold wall. During the baking process, the lower surface of the maker heats up. Further, it transforms the heat down to the surface. The cold wall does not let that happen, keeping the surface safe and away from catching fire.
Types of Bread Makers
You will find the bread makers in the following types:
Vertical bread makers
- This is the oldest, yet the initial types of bread makers.
- In this format, you have to pour in the dough and the maker will bake it.
- However, the average brands are unable to prepare a standard bread with vertical pans.
Horizontal bread makers
- These bread makers are designed similar to the standard utensils we use in the kitchen.
- Pour the bread on a horizontal pan and get it baked.
- The bread that comes out has smaller ends and a bigger centre, just like the commercial types of bread.
Higher Feature Bread Makers
- This type has usually a horizontal pan.
- But it includes fast baking, a cold wall, and many other convenient features.
- Also, some of the best brands have more pedals in them.
Buyers Guide for Bread maker
Are you planning to purchase a bread maker? Then you should consider the following before moving ahead:
- You might have planned to purchase a bread maker after reading about it, or after seeing an advertisement.
- First, you have to consider if you need one.
- How many times you have to knead the floor and make dough for chapattis. Or how many times do you need to bake bread at home in a week? If the frequency is around once a week, then surely you should get one of these.
- What type of bread do you like? If it is only the chapatti or any other flatbread, then you need to get the maker with dough kneading features.
- Further, if you crave a variety of bread from all around the world, then look for the bread maker that has programmed recipes.
- As that will help you with your baking.
- How many people you have to serve? The bread makers have a variety of pan sizes.
- The smaller ones can bake bread as small as 100 grams. And the bigger ones can top 2 lbs. Pick a maker that is big enough as per your serving requirement.
How to use a Bread maker?
- Using it is pretty easy.
- However, you need to have an accurate measurement of the ingredients.
- Also, you have to flow the recipe in order.
- First, read the recipe carefully and see which ingredient to add first.
- Add all the ingredients in order.
- You have to be careful especially when you are using an average bread maker.
- If the order goes different, the bread may not have the perfect taste.
- Once all the ingredients are added, the maker begins to work.
- It first mixes the ingredients and kneads them into a dough.
- Then the proofing step begins.
- In this step, the dough is brought to the right temperature for baking.
- After the temperature is reached, the baking begins.
- The entire process can take up to a couple of hours, depending on the number of ingredients added.
List of Top 6 Bread maker Machine Brands in India
1. Kent 16010 Atta and bread maker 550 Watt
Kent is one of the popular home appliances brands that has been manufacturing appliances to ease the cooking process. It is 16010 bread maker is one of those cooking ease appliances.
- Works at a nominal power of 550 Watts
- Can bake over a dozen types of bread
- Works fast
- Need to have a bit of experience to knead the flour in this bread maker
- Some users complain about the non-stick coating inside the maker
2. Breadman BK 1050S 2 lbs, professional bread maker, with collapsible kneading paddles
The Breadman BK 1050S has a similar appearance to a British bread-making appliance. Well, this is a heavy-duty bread maker that can also dispense nuts and fruits.
- Have up to 14 bread-making functions
- Can prepare a bread up to 2 lbs
- Kneading paddles collapse when not needed
- A warranty claim may not be available in India
- A costly solution
3. Secura MBF-016, MBG-016 bread maker, 2.2 lbs
This is the even bigger bread makers on our list. The one above can only cook bread up to 2 lbs. But Secura MBF-016 can bake bread as heavy as 2.2 lbs.
- A multi-function appliance
- Suitable for bigger bread
- Stainless steel construction
- Even expensive
- Cleaning troubles
4. Sharp tabletop bread maker for home kitchen
Sharp brings in premium-quality bread makers for the home kitchens. Though it has slightly fewer programs to count in. But this is a durable appliance.
- Includes 12 programmed bread menus
- Features size and colour controller
- Simple but elegant design
- Pretty much expensive than many other brands
- Suitable for European bread than Indian ones
5. KBS automatic bread maker machine
The bigger bread makers are a subtle option for the cooks and chefs wanting to prepare plenty of bread. Well, KBS even cares about the chefs that want to serve more household.
- The bigger bread makers to make bigger types
- Features 19-pre-programmed baking options
- Comes with baking accessories
- Some consumers report functionality issues
- A few consumers are not happy with the support channel
6. Lifelong Atta and bread maker 550 Watts
The Lifelong bread makers are similar to the first item on our list. However, there is a difference in price and consumer opinion.
- Quick kneading
- Convenient baking
- 19 bread programs
- Some consumers face system errors
Well, this content should have helped you in understanding how a bread maker works. Also, the list of top bread makers will help you pick the right item for you. So, enjoy baking bread at home and always choose healthy meals.
Is it worth buying a bread maker?
The bread makers are surely worth it as long as you have to prepare bread or knead flour every other day. But if you are not that frequent with baking and cooking, then you might not need this appliance. However, the bread baked at home tastes way better than those bought from the bakers.
How long can homemade bread last?
The homemade bread can last up to 3 days. When coming home we do not add any preservatives to the bread. That is why it cannot long more than 3 days. Further, store the bread in an airtight box. And keep it in a dry place. Further, do not put the bread in the refrigerator.
Is bread maker Bread healthier?
Compared to commercial bread, the bread baked on makers at home is indeed healthier. They are full of taste and have plenty of nutrients.