A booster pump is a machine that enhances water pressure, resulting in a better flow. It can be necessary if, for instance, you are using a Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purifier. So in order to get a satisfactory water flow from the purifier, you use the pump. In another scenario, if the municipal water supply in your area comes at a low pressure, this pump can help. It can raise the water pressure so that the faucets get better flow. In the absence of a booster pump, it may be very frustrating to deal with low water pressure issues.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best water taps, water purifiers, 1.5 HP Water Pump Motors, 1HP Water Pump, Texmo Water Pumps, Submersible Pump, High-Pressure water pumps, Crompton water pumps, Kirloskar water pumps, vacuum pump brands, air pumps for cars, cycle air pumps, AC Motors India.
Top 10 Best Booster Pumps in India
Features of Booster Pump
- One very important feature of a booster pump is its motor efficiency. In the pump, it is the motor that enhances water pressure. Therefore the pump is as efficient as its motor.
- Another key feature in booster pumps is the ability to withstand vibration. The process of boosting water pressure inevitably results in quite a bit of vibration. An ideal pump is therefore one that has shockproof capability.
- Yet another important feature of booster pumps is the noise level. Having a pump that makes too much noise can be inconvenient. Thus an ideal pump is one that works more or less quietly.
- The pump’s maximum flow rate is an important feature too, as is its working pressure. From this, you get to know how effective the pump really is at boosting water pressure.
Types of Booster Pumps
- There are single-stage booster pumps. Then there are multi-stage booster pumps.
- In the single-stage pump, there is only one impeller. It is through this single impeller that the pump increases water pressure.
- Normally, a single-stage pump is compact, requiring little space. But since it has only one impeller, its efficiency level may be lower.
- In the multi-stage booster pumps, you find more than one impeller. Each of the impellers serves a role in increasing fluid pressure.
- Therefore the pump has more efficiency. But it also tends to occupy more space.
Buying Guide for Booster Pump
- The most important consideration while buying a booster pump is the intended application. So you think in terms of what fluid you wish to use the pump to increase pressure for. You also think in terms of the baseline pressure you are getting, and the output pressure you are targeting. This tells you what sort of pump is ideal for your usage.
- Aim to buy a pump that is reasonably easy to install. Consider the sort of fluid supply system you will be installing the pump on. Then at the very least ensure that the pump you buy is compatible.
- Endeavor to buy a pump that doesn’t make too much noise. Otherwise, if you buy a very noisy pump, it may become a major distraction.
- Check the power consumption rates for the pump you are considering buying. Only go for a pump that uses power with acceptable efficiency.
- As for the booster pump price, ensure that you are not paying too much for a basic pump. Thus if you have to pay a higher booster pump price, ensure the pump has superior features.
How To Use Booster Pump?
- Upon getting your booster pump, you will first need to connect it to the water supply system. So this is the system whose pressure the pump would be boosting. Normally, what you need to do is get an inlet pipe leading into the pump.
- Then get an outlet pipe at the other end. Connect these pipes to the respective ends of the pump.
- You then need to connect the pump to a power source. Normally, there is a cord that you just plug into the power source.
- Now when you turn the pump on, the motor moves the pump’s impeller(s). It is these impellers that in turn create a centrifugal force that increases the water pressure.
List of Top 10 Best Booster Pumps in India-Buyers Guide
1. Konvio Neer Spare Parts RO Booster Pump (100 GPD)
Works with all types of water purifiers. Uses 24 volts DC, with an amperage of 1.4A.
- Comes complete with 2 connectors and Teflon tape
- The warranty for this pump runs for 1 year
- It has a remarkably broad operating pressure range
- Some may find it a bit challenging to install this pump
- Motor efficiency for this pump is quite basic
2. UWEK GOLD RO Booster Pump
This is a self-suction pump. It is compatible with 75, 80 and 100 GPD reverse osmosis membrane purifiers.
- This pump has low vibration
- The noise level for this pump is rather low
- It is a relatively inexpensive pump
- It requires 24-volt DC power
- This pump’s one-year warranty has some limitations
3. Ionix DP-100 Reverse Osmosis (RO) Booster Pump
Comes with a universal type motor. Gives up to 100 gallons per day (100 GPD) output.
- This pump is quite easy to connect
- The pump has good compatibility with a wide range of water purifiers
- This pump uses electric power with good efficiency
- Some may find its packaging a bit loose
- It does make a bit of noise while working
4. Aquaa Care 100 GPD RO Diaphragm Booster Pump
This is a fully automatic boosting pump. Suitable for both hot and cold water circulation systems.
- This is a largely shockproof pump
- The motor in this pump is 100% copper wound
- This pump is suitable for mounting in several positions
- This is a slightly noisy pump
- In case this pump develops problems, opening it up and repairing it can be a slight challenge
5. Aqualex Pokar Classic RO Booster Pump
What you get here is a standard 100 GPD (gallons per day) pump. It works on both 24 and 36-volt DC power.
- This pump is made from high-quality metal
- It has a good working pressure of 140 PSI
- The price for this boosting pump is relatively low
- This sort of pump is mostly only ideal for domestic usage
- Motor efficiency for the pump is modest (but still within a decent range)
6. AQUAULTRA High-Pressure Steel Booster Pump With Cooper Winding
This pump is meant for use in enhancing RO water purifiers’ output. Its maximum flow rate is 1.5 liters per minute.
- This pump comes already assembled and ready for use
- The connectors delivered alongside this pump are of good quality
- This is not an expensive boosting pump
- Installing this sort of pump may require a technician’s help
- Some may find its maximum flow rate a bit modest
7. Shapure Reverse Osmosis (RO) Booster Pump
This is a highly efficient pump, with a working pressure of 90 PSI. It gives an open flow of 2.1 liters per minute.
- Suitable for use with both domestic and commercial RO water purifiers
- This is quite a compact boosting pump
- The pump is almost fully shockproof
- This pump requires a 24-volt DC power source
- The suction height for this pump is only 2 meters
8. AquaDpure RO (100 GPD) Booster Pump
This is a highly functional boosting pump for various water purifiers. It comes with a couple of connectors.
- This is one of the most affordable boosting pumps, price-wise
- Maintenance for this pump type is quite easy
- it has a good nominal flow rate, at 1.8 LPM
- You need to have some basic skills to get the installation of this pump right
- The connectors it comes with may be a bit delicate
9. Voz Aqua Hi-Tech Reverse Osmosis (RO) Booster Pumps
What you get here is a pump that is equipped with a high-power motor. It is compatible with among others, Dolphin, Whirlpool, and Kent RO water purifiers.
- This is a low-noise-boosting pump
- It works with almost all commonly used RO purifying systems
- This pump does not vibrate too much
- Packing for this pump could be better
- You need to set aside quite a lot of time for this pump’s installation
10. WAVY RO Water Purifier Booster Pumps
This is a modern and quite highly effective boosting pump. It works with purifiers from brands like Aquafresh, Kent, and Dolphin as well as Aquagrand, among others.
- This pump’s motor has relatively good efficiency
- The pump does not make a lot of noise during its operation
- The warranty for this boosting pump runs for a whole year
- May not be suitable for many other uses, besides RO water purifier pressure boosting
- You need direct current (DC) power for this pump’s motor
A proper booster pump can help you overcome the frustrations that come with low water pressure. Use this guide while shopping for the best booster pumps in India.
What is a booster pump used for?
It is for increasing fluid pressure, so as to attain a better flow rate.
Which is the best booster pump?
One with good efficiency and which also works quietly with minimum vibration.
What is the price of a booster pump?
Booster pump prices can range from 1000 to 3000 Indian rupees (for a RO pump).