The market for Bluetooth speakers in India steadily growing. Bluetooth speakers are extremely popular especially among youth and are an excellent choice for listening to music anywhere on the go. These speakers are becoming technologically more advanced in the form of smart speakers which can be voice-controlled for audio playback. The market for Ahuja speakers grew by 55.4% in the second quarter of 2019.
Due to the various choices available in the market, it becomes difficult for consumers to select the best speakers for themselves. This article provides details on the working of Bluetooth speakers, differences between Bluetooth and Wi-fi speakers, considerations for buying speakers. And the review of the best Bluetooth speakers available in the Indian market. Also, Check the Best Amplifier Speakers in India.
Top 5 Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers in India
Buyers Guide – Bluetooth Speaker
If you are worried about what to look for while buying Bluetooth Speakers? Then the following features will give you a perfect buying option. There are many different models of Bluetooth speakers available in the Indian market.
Due to varying technical specifications and features, it generally becomes confusing to select the best speaker for an average customer. You can consider the following features before buying Bluetooth speakers:
Features of Bluetooth Speakers
- The most important factor which needs to be assessed before buying a Bluetooth speaker is its sound quality.
- You should check the sound quality and how the speaker is able to reproduce vocals, bass, and treble.
- You should purchase a Bluetooth speaker depending on your usage.
- If you plan to use it for parties and occasions then the sound should be loud and it should not deteriorate or crack when the volume is increased.
- Sound quality also depends on your perception so it is recommended to check the speaker’s performance and sound quality to your satisfaction before you buy it.
- You can check the power of the Bluetooth speaker which is measured in watts. The higher the power, the higher the loudness of the speaker.
Build Quality and Portability
- You should check the build quality of the Bluetooth speaker before buying it.
- It should be sturdy and made of good quality material which will ensure its durability and longevity.
- One of the most important factors when purchasing a Bluetooth speaker is to check its compactness and portability.
- It should ideally be lightweight and compact which can be carried along easily from one place to another.
- You can also carry it along during travel for enjoying your favorite music on the go.
- A Bluetooth speaker which is too bulky or heavy has very limited usage as it cannot be carried along.
- Drivers are the key component for any speaker and require your attention before deciding which speaker to buy.
- You should check the drivers and try to buy the best possible drivers in your budget. Ideally, you should look for a decent-sized driver which is also powerful to provide you the best results and sound quality with your Bluetooth speaker.
- Normally speakers will have drivers sized between 30mm-40mm. However, if you are a music buff, then you should opt for bigger-sized drivers.
- The number of drivers used and the placement of drivers inside a speaker also play an important role in the final sound quality delivered by it.
- Speakers which have twin driver setups produce a loud and clear sound that ranks them ahead of the competitors.
- The Bluetooth version used and supported by a speaker greatly impacts its overall sound quality and performance.
- It plays a critical role in audio transmission.
- You should look for a Bluetooth version that allows you to connect multiple devices to your speaker simultaneously.
- Always remember that the distance between your multimedia device and speakers also depends on the version of Bluetooth which the speaker supports.
- You should try to look for Bluetooth V 4.0 at the minimum which can allow you to connect your devices to the speakers up to a distance of 60 meters.
- Higher or the latest version of Bluetooth provides faster data transfer, longer range, easier pairing, and less power consumption.
- The utility and convenience of a Bluetooth speaker are also determined by its charging style and options.
- If you plan to carry your Bluetooth speakers outside, then a USB cable is important for charging them.
- Speakers these days also come with a micro USB charging port which allows you to charge them by using power banks.
- Technology is making drastic changes to Bluetooth speakers and making them do things that were not possible a few years ago.
- Many Bluetooth speakers now are becoming smart speakers and can be voice-controlled.
- You can control the speakers and their functioning through your voice by integrating it with assistants like Alexa or Google Home.
- Smart speakers minimize manual operations
- Considering the different connectivity options provided by a Bluetooth speaker is important while evaluating different speakers for buying.
- In addition to the wireless connectivity, you should also look for wired connectivity options to make better use of your speakers.
- You can even connect devices that do not support Bluetooth technology to your speaker using the wired connectivity option.
- You should ensure that the Bluetooth speaker comes with an auxiliary input for a wired connection.
- Some of the speakers also come with other wired connectivity options like HDMI and optical fiber.
- Bluetooth speakers have evolved and become technologically sound over time.
- Some speakers now come with water-resistant features which allows you to use them near water also.
- If you are planning to organize a poolside party or event then a speaker that is water-resistant is a perfect choice.
- It provides you complete peace of mind to use your Bluetooth speakers in such a setting without worrying about them getting damaged due to water.
- The Frequency response is another important factor that you must pay attention to before buying the best Bluetooth speaker for yourself.
- Frequency response measured in Hertz and the wider the frequency response, the better will be the sound quality and overall performance of a Bluetooth speaker.
- Wider frequency range allows you to listen to sounds with different frequency ranges thereby enriching your listening experience.
- The audible range for humans ranges between 10Hz-20,000Hz and you should ensure that your Bluetooth speakers take up this entire frequency range for you to get the best quality audio output.
- Frequency response also depends on the hearing abilities and age of the listener. Different persons have different hearing ability and it depends on their age also.
- Hence, you must consider your age and listening ability while looking for the perfect frequency response.
- Bluetooth speakers come with other additional features like remote control which lets you control it from a distance.
- It makes it convenient and ergonomic for you to control the speaker. They also come with a hands-free speakerphone feature.
- You can take your phone calls directly on the speaker with the help of Bluetooth.
- The hands-free speakerphone feature allows you to do your other tasks while listening to music or being on the call.
- Wi-Fi models of speakers also provide you the flexibility of listening to online music services which makes listening to music more fun.
- Some Bluetooth speakers also come with visual effects to make your party more fun.
- They exhibit lighting or water dance effects on the outside which lets you party in these visual lighting effects.
How do Bluetooth Speakers Work?
- Bluetooth speakers work on the same principle found in your car stereo system.
- The sound is wirelessly transmitted from the source via waves and received by the Bluetooth earpiece.
- It uses short-wavelength UHF radio waves which range in the ISM band of 2.4 to 2.485 GHz and builds a Personal Area Network (PAN). Once the speaker receives the data sent either via cable or wirelessly, it converts the data to audio.
- After receiving and converting the data to audio, the inbuilt amplifiers in the Bluetooth speakers have been used to playback the audio.
Wi-Fi vs Bluetooth Speaker
Bluetooth speakers are coming with an inbuilt wi-fi feature these days.
The major difference between Bluetooth and wi-fi speakers is that while Bluetooth speakers let you connect your devices to play music, wi-fi-enabled speakers allow you to stream music over the internet. Wi-fi-enabled speakers can be controlled from your mobile phone provided you remain in the range of your router’s signal.
Another advantage of such speakers is that the music keeps playing even if you take a call on your phone which is not the case with only Bluetooth speakers. Only Bluetooth-enabled speakers have a much shorter range which can go up to a maximum of 30 feet away from the receiver for playing audio. Overall, it is a better choice to purchase wi-fi-enabled speakers as it helps you get the most out of the speakers.
List of Top 5 Best Bluetooth Speakers in India-Buyers Guide
Nowadays there are many smart and portable Bluetooth speakers available in the market with a lot of features. A wider range of connectivity options also provides you with the flexibility of connecting more devices which ensures that you make the most of your Bluetooth speaker. You can consider buying any of the Bluetooth speakers discussed below:
1. Bose Sound Link Micro Black Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Bluetooth technology from Bose always provides a clear and loud sound. Bose Bluetooth Sound Link Micro speaker has a crisp and clear sound. And you can pair your smartphone with these easily & wirelessly. You can connect to more devices with the help of the free Bose Connect App and enjoy the music.
This product is available in 3 good-looking colors Midnight Blue with Smoky Violet strap, Black with Blackstrap, and Bright Orange with Dark Plum strap.
- This speaker is small in size but has a powerful speaker that provides you balanced and crisp sound also unmatched bass too.
- The best feature is this is a waterproof speaker from Inside & outside with an Ipx7 rating. And the exterior is rugged and soft that resists scratches, dents, and cracks.
- This product comes with a built-in speakerphone which allows you to give voice access to Google Assistant or your Phones Siri directly through the speaker.
- Bose Sound link Micro also works with the Echo Dot for hands-free voice control.
- The playtime is 6 hours with a rechargeable battery and the wireless range is up to 9 meters (30 feet)
- You can easily portable with a Tear-resistant strap, this will be helpful in attaching the speaker to handlebars, backpack, or cooler.
2. Sony Extra Bass Portable Red Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with NFC
Sony is a world-renowned brand for audio equipment and speakers and is very popular in the Indian market. Simply choose this Portable speaker and enjoy a 3-dimensional music festival experience along with flashy lights. Sony SRS-XB31 Bluetooth speaker has the following key features
- This speaker is specially designed for people who love loud music and EDM.
- It uses extremely powerful drivers that provide it with exceptional and deep bass which is very punchy and the highlight of this speaker.
- Sony Bluetooth speaker is totally Rustproof, Dustproof, and Waterproof with an IP67 rating
- You can connect up to 100 devices and come with one-touch listening technology.
- The speaker has a Long-life battery which provides you with 24-hours of non-stop audio playback. This is one of the highest playback times for any Bluetooth speaker in the Indian market.
- The speaker is aesthetically designed and comes in Red color and 3 different colors (Black, Blue, and White) too.
3. Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Carbon Bluetooth Speaker
Bose is perhaps the most definitive name in the speaker industry. This Wireless Bluetooth speaker is an ideal pick for all music lovers. Bose SounLink Mini speaker is equipped with powerful sound technology. Also, this delivers a sleek design and high-quality audio. And this portable speaker comes with the following features:
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker sound quality is truly excellent with incredibly deep bass and vocals.
- The sound is crystal clear and the speaker also features an audio boost which is another advantage.
- This speaker provides you a 9-meter(30 feet) range for listening to music from your connected devices. It also comes with volume-altering keys.
- It is lightweight and compact and can be easily carried along anywhere.
- You can get up to 10 hours of continuous playtime with this speaker.
4. Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Wireless Black Bluetooth Speaker
UE BOOM 2 is a 360-degree wireless speaker that has an extreme degree of good and loud sound with full, deep bass in every direction. This speaker works with all Bluetooth wireless tablets, smartphones, and other devices. The Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker comes with the following key features:
- It is a very handy and portable speaker which is convenient to carry along anywhere.
- The speaker provides you with 360-degree sound which provides for an awesome audio experience.
- Ultimate Bars Bluetooth Speaker has 15-hours of battery life and a range of 100 feet which is very good for Bluetooth speakers.
- It also comes with the waterproof IPX7 technology which enhances its utility.
- You can also search for your favorite music online through voice control technology.
5. JBL Flip 4 Portable Black Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The JBL is a trusted name in the speaker industry. JBL Flip series Bluetooth speakers are very popular in the Indian market. This portable Bluetooth speaker delivers an amazingly powerful stereo sound. Through JBL Connect+ technology, you can wirelessly link more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together for a better listening experience.
- This speaker built using high-quality materials which is sturdy and also lightweight which makes it a perfect and portable speaker.
- JBL Bluetooth speaker works on 3.7 volts and ensures that you get the best and loud music for your parties.
- It has a dual external passive radiator which provides you with an awesome bass experience.
- It also houses a powerful 3000mAh battery which can last easily for 12 hours of non-stop playback. The battery takes only 3.5 hours to get completely charged.
- It comes with an echo-canceling speakerphone which will give you a crystal clear calling experience.
- This speaker is designed waterproof and comes with the IPX7 waterproof technology. You do not have to worry to use it on the poolside and beach parties as it won’t get damaged from water.
- Also easily integrated with Siri or Google Assistant to enable voice recognition and control.
At the present moment, you have successfully checked the best Bluetooth Speakers. So, it should be easy for you to determine which Bluetooth speaker will meet your requirements.
Now you have familiar with the features of the most popular Bluetooth speakers which are available in the market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of Bluetooth speaker along with valuable benefits.