Why BP machine?
Awareness of one’s personal health is definitely critical in ensuring wellness. Having the correct devices to monitor health conditions and evaluate health indexes should, therefore, be a priority for every household. The BP machine is one such must-have device. It offers the benefit of keeping you conveniently updated on your blood pressure hence directly reduces the risk of fatal conditions like a stroke or a heart attack. Contrary to common belief, this is necessary for both the elderly citizenry and younger individuals. Awareness of one’s blood pressure levels will, therefore, prompt immediate medical attention where necessary as well as provide a reliable monitoring system that can identify any changes in blood pressure whether minute or drastic.
The standard blood pressure monitoring device’s designs come with a few recommendations from health experts particularly concerning consistent usage to retain more accurate evaluation patterns. Since the blood pressure readings can be distorted by eating, medications intake and even regular showers, it is, therefore, best to maintain a particular schedule before any of these activities to minimize the distortions, preferably in the morning or late in the evening. It is also quite advisable to obtain at least two separate values in a single day that can be used to make comparisons.
Types of BP Machines
Blood pressure monitoring devices come in two main types; the aneroid type and the digital type. The machines vary widely when it comes to the measuring locations depending on the manufacturer’s design although the upper arm region is considered to be the best location for precise readings. The more accurate types are the aneroid which comes with a rubber squeeze, dial indicator and a stethoscope for the observer in order to discern the heartbeat although their analog and manual nature is not always convenient for its users due to the required manual input.
The digital varieties, however, provide more display accuracy which eliminates interpolation practices. The automatic or semi-automated inflation is also convenient as it avoids aggravating the patient with manual operations and maneuvers. The introduction of electronic operation and monitoring also brings in additional features such as data tracking and history storage for users.
How to use a BP Machine?
The typical modern BP machine is quite simple to use. The sensing cuff attached to the appropriate body section such as the upper arm region depending on the design. The cuff must be secured properly to avoid false reading and distortions. The size of the cuff itself is also important in order to avoid any false readings. The user guide for each machine will properly detail the correct attachment procedure and conditions for usage depending on the manufacturer’s specifications.
Once attached, the cuff inflated by a manual inflator on the aneroid BP Machine and by an automatic pressurizer on the digital ones activated by a simple selection on the digital interface. The resulting reading displayed as soon as the device senses it and recorded or stored as desired. This process usually takes about a minute but more advanced devices can take much less time.
Blood Pressure Machine Buyer’s Guide
The perfect device should cater to each person needs without any compromises. For instance, the automated pressurization is definitely attractive for those afflicted with diseases such as arthritis since it requires no manual input. Generally, however, the modern era demands automation for just about everyone on any device.
Additional features and accessories can also appeal to different individuals in different regions such as power sources like rechargeable batteries, lower voltage demands and of course the quality of the user interface. The benefit of it, however, is that each device can be evaluated based on user experience by simply seeking out the reviews from consumers who have actually used the product before.
Top BP Machine Features: Pros & Cons
1. The Omron HEM 7120
- This machine is pretty handy when it comes to keeping track of blood pressure levels.
- The Omron HEM 7120 a top range BP device featuring a very user-friendly interface and fully automated operation that yields the most accurate readings at any given time.
- The Omron BP machine is quite simple to operate; simply wrap the cuff to the upper arm snugly and prompt the reading to commence.
- It has an impressive irregular heartbeat detector as well as a general cardiovascular condition detection feature which gives it an edge over other generic BP monitoring machines.
- The 5-year warranty and quality guarantees are an indication of the sturdy nature of the device which is testified by the thousands of users who have had first-hand interaction with the unique Omron products.
- The Omron BP monior specifically designed for home use rather than commercial.
2. The HealthSense Heart-Mate BP 120
- This HealthSense BP Machine fully automated and comes with an efficient and accurate digital display that employs advanced sensing technology.
- It is fitted on the upper arm section for the best sensing efficiency and also used in a convenient 5-6V adapter.
- The Health Sense blood pressure machine comes with a pretty convenient user manual which articulates the finer usage specifics.
3. The Dr. Trust USA Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- This particular machine is unique for its dual language and voice interaction features.
- The Dr. Trust BP Machine is also not just digital and fully automatic but it also comes with smart technology capabilities.
- Simply put, it can communicate via the digital networks to any other device interfaces or data servers.
- The blood pressure monitor has thousands of reviews on amazon which makes it a tried and tested gadget from both local and abroad consumers.
- It comes with universal ports for USB and other microdevices.
- The most attractive selling point of the device is the enhanced heart irregular beats detection which utilizes fuzzy algorithms.
- The bp apparatus is quick-acting without compromising the readings in any way.
- It comes with complementing accessories like the digital thermometer, batteries and alternate cuffs featuring portable 12cm by 10cm by 18.5cm dimensions.
4. The MCP BP115 Automatic Digital BP Monitor
- This MCP blood pressure monitor is one of the most talked-about product on the market. It has quite a number of positive reviews on the market.
- The MCP BP115 fully automated as implied by its designation with a precise and convenient digital display.
- It helps in both clear to read and quite easy on the eyes. The model also comes with USB connection ports which makes it quite versatile.
- The fairly priced model offers two varieties one talking and the other non-talking. It makes convenient for the illiterate or visually impaired.
- It also comes with a top of the range pumping mechanism which is noise-free and highly efficient in delivering the air pulses to the cuff for pressure and heart rate measuring.
- The device’s processor is also quick and efficient to deliver error-free measurements.
- The blood pressure apparatus design of the attached cuff promises a comfy fit that requires less contact pressure to sense and deliver results without any compromises.
- Also, the 2 user memory features enable its users to utilize the device without interfering with each other’s data.
- As a final touch, the device designed to suit WHO system regulations for quality purposes.
5. The ELKO EL-510
- This blood pressure monitoring device is modern awe that comes with the typical full automation and digital display features.
- It is fitted on the upper arm regions, just above the elbow location.
- It promotes more effective sensing abilities that minimize errors and sensing glitches.
- The ELKO BP Machine comes in a grey or white variation. The quite convenient dual user memory that can take up to 120 data sets for each user.
- The sensing and display process takes no more than a minute which ensures more accurate reading and fewer error chances.
- It utilizes the traditional oscillometric technology which uses an impressive array of pressure sensors to detect the vibrations in the walls of the arteries.
- The selected indication system for the device is fully WHO compliant.
- It makes the machine both accurate and entirely reliable for domestic use. Also, it gives a very detailed range from optimal to hypertension.
- ELKO 510 is also capable of picking up any anomalies such as a non-sequential heartbeat pattern as well as any involuntary disruptive body movements. These are immediately followed by a cautionary message to rectify and redo the assessment.
- The device comes with a convenient universal cuff which can easily fit any arm-sizes without having to fit in a new one every time a different user wants to measure their blood pressure.
6. AccuSure Blood Pressure Monitoring Machine
- The AccuSure blood pressure monitoring device is a classic example of innovative health equipment for domestic purposes.
- The device offers top of the range performance with an automated interface and a clear accurate digital display system.
- It utilizes a quite large display monitor for easy interpretation.
- The device operated from the arm using heart rate sensors that can pick up the slightest flutter hence improving the comfort characteristics of the attachment.
- The memory feature offers ample storage for two users of up to 60 readings.
- History tracking option to keep track of any outstanding changes in blood pressure levels.