Bleaching powder is an inorganic chemical compound made by a blend of chlorine and dry-slaked lime. Calcium hypochlorite is its chemical name, and its chemical formula is CaOCl2. The textile industry primarily uses it as a bleaching agent for fabrics such as cotton and linen. It is used in drinking water disinfection and laundry to bleach dirty clothes. Many chemical industries use it as an oxidizing agent.
Also check buying guide for Surface Disinfectant Spray, Floor Cleaner Liquids, Toilet Cleaners, Room Spray, infrared thermometer, sanitizers in India, Face masks Online, hand washes liquids in India, Heat Protection Spray, spray guns, Hair sprays for Men, Spray paint cans, spray paint machines, Mosquito spray, Garden sprayers, spray pumps, spray bottles, mosquito sprays, sanitizer sprays, vacuum cleaners, Hand wash, Hand Sanitizers, Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaners, Dry & Wet Vacuum Cleaners, Dyson Vacuum Cleaners, Car Vacuum Cleaners, and Mini Vacuum Cleaners in India.
Top 10 Best Bleaching Powders in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Bleaching Powder
- One of the primary features of the bleaching powder is its versatility. This decides whether it is multifunctional or not.
- The second is the stability of the compound. It has the property of oxidizing very easily when exposed to sunlight and air.
- Lastly, you need to confirm how well the product dissolves in the water. Some can dissolve quickly, while others don’t.
Types of Bleaching Powders
There are specifically 2-types of bleaching powder.
- The first is Chlorine bleaching powder. It comes both in liquid and powder form and is considered very strong. It bleaches Windows, Floors, toilets, and some types of fabrics.
- The second is Oxygen Bleaching Powder which can be used to bleach different types of fabrics. It can bleach colored or patterned clothes as it does not remove color overall.
Buyer’s guide for Bleaching Powder
- The first thing you need to check is the purpose of your purchase.
- Different bleaching powders serve different purposes, some can be used in the kitchen, while others are only for the toilet. Ask yourself why you need the bleaching powder?
- Next check whether it is stable or unstable. A stable bleaching powder means its bleaching effect remains the same till the expiry date.
- Lastly, don’t forget to check the price and quantity of the bleaching powder.
How to use Bleaching Powder?
- To start with, take 1 tsp of bleaching powder for each liter of water. Don’t add anything other than water.
- For extremely greasy surfaces take an equal amount of bleaching powder and water.
- Mix both the bleaching powder and water thoroughly with a wooden stick.
- Then spread it on all the dirty surfaces and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it cleanly after 20 minutes.
- After cleaning, remember to store it in a dry and dark place.
List of Top 10 Best Bleaching Powders in India-Buyers Guide
1. K K International Bleaching powders
The overall chlorine is 34%, which is quite high. Ideal for really stubborn dirt.
- The price is quite affordable.
- It has multiple uses.
- K K International is 99% pure.
- Comes in a packet, so it oxidizes quite easily.
- Takes some time to dissolve in water.
2. Basketo Toilet and Garden Clean Bleaching Powders
Contains 30% of chlorine. Makes cleaning quick and easy.
- It is a stable bleaching product.
- Made out of A-grade quality.
- Doesn’t leave any white residue after cleaning.
- You can use it only for garden and household purposes.
- Some may find it a bit pricey.
3. Akshar Chem Bleaching Powders
Contains 34% of chlorine. The overall stability is Max 1/15.
- Always maintains a balanced composition and precise formulation.
- Useful for multiple purposes including laundry, cleaning, and disinfecting water.
- Uses advanced tools and technology in manufacturing.
- It is pretty pricey.
- Comes in a packet, so it can easily be oxidized.
4. Six fire All-Purpose Bleaching Powders
Six fire is made of pure Calcium Chloride. Cleans any kind of place.
- It’s an All-Purpose household cleaning powder.
- Comes in a closed container, preventing the product from oxidation.
- Dissolves easily and provides ease of cleaning, thereby reducing the time of cleaning.
- Some may find it a bit pricey.
- You can use it only at home.
5. Weird Household and Kitchen Cleaning Bleaching Powders
Weird contains antibacterial properties. Made of Calcium Chloride Hypochlorite, Calcium Chloride, and Calcium Hypochlorite
- Kills 99% of germs, bacteria, and fungus.
- Dissolves easily into the water.
- Uses superior ingredients for best results.
- You can use it only for household cleaning purposes.
- The packaging is not so great.
6. Hypox Stable Bleaching Powders
Hypox uses only Calcium Chloride. It contains 34% of available chlorine.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- It also de-odorizes the surface by disinfecting.
- Useful in multiple places such as Hospitals, offices, and homes.
- The product is used only for cleaning.
- You need to wear gloves as they can be a bit too strong.
7. Unitedlys Household and kitchen Cleaning Bleaching Powders.
Uses only Calcium Chloride. Contains 20% of available chlorine.
- Used for multiple purposes such as cleaning and disinfecting.
- It can kill weeds and remove mosses and algae.
- It de-odorizes homes and offices.
- The product is too pricey.
- It is not as strong as needed as its chlorine percentage is quite low.
8. Germisol Bleaching Product
Contains 33% of chlorine. Uses Premium quality Calcium Chloride.
- The product is pretty strong and can easily clean any kind of stubborn dirt.
- Useful for sanitizing water wells, swimming pools, and sewage plants.
- Useful for deodorizing homes, hospitals, and other places.
- Need to use gloves as the product is quite strong.
- The chlorine effect can be decreased over time.
9. Slchem Bleaching Powders
Ideal for toilet cleaning. Its only ingredient is pure Calcium Chloride.
- It is a stable bleaching powder.
- Useful as a disinfectant spray in drinking water, bathrooms, and toilets.
- It is a residue-free product, which means no white residue after cleaning.
- Takes some time to dissolve in water.
- Packaging is not so great, so it can be easily oxidized.
10. Cleansol Bleaching Powders
Cleansol is multifunctional. Contains 34% of chlorine.
- It is strong and effective due to its high Chlorine percentage.
- It is a stable bleaching powder. All the ingredients used in making the product are of premium quality.
- Very easy to clean.
- It can be too pricey for some.
- Usage of gloves is a must as the product is quite strong.
Bleaching Powder is a mandatory product in every household. It has various benefits and can make most everyday chores quick and effective. From cleaning and removing laundry stains to disinfecting drinking water, it does everything. A good bleaching powder should enable us to quickly clean our home while making it retain its pure white color. Some have additional antibacterial, sanitizing, and other properties which is a bonus. Finally, just remember to go through this guide once while shopping for bleaching powder.
What is the best Bleaching powder?
It is the one that has a strong chlorine percentage and can be used for multiple purposes.
What is the average cost of bleaching powder?
Well, it can vary as per the product. It usually costs around 100-400 INR.
Can I use the bleaching powder to remove stains?
You can use it to remove stains from the clothing. But it is limited only to white clothing. It can be too powerful for colored shirts or patterned shirts.
Can I disinfect wells using the bleaching powder?
Yes, you can do it.
Can I use it to sanitize products?
Yes, the product mentions it in its product.