A bird cage is a structure in which birds can be kept. The cage protects the birds from exposure to elements like rain and wind. It also provides a space where the birds can rest at night. Further, it can be an ideal place for the birds to breed. But it is worth mentioning that not all bird cages actually accommodate live birds. Some Love bird cages serve a decorative purpose only. No live birds actually stay in them, but they function as décor items. You can also check the best Dog Beds & Dog Kennels in India.
Top 10 Best Bird Cage Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
Features of a Birds Cage
- Most bird cages come with perches, on which the birds can hang and relax.
- A good birdcage will also come with a bowl in which to place food for the bird(s).
- Some will come with another bowl in which to place water for the bird.
- The best bird cages have trays, in which the birds’ droppings, shed feathers and other wastes go.
- So cleaning the cages is mostly a matter of washing these trays.
- Further, the best bird cages have doors that are easy to secure, so that the birds don’t escape.
Types of Bird Cage
- There are some bird cages that are made from natural materials.
- Then there are others that are made from synthetic materials.
- Some bird cages are designed to function as décor items only (and not to accommodate live birds).
- But there are others that are designed to serve as homes for real, live birds.
- Some bird cages are handmade. Others are mass-produced in industrial settings.
How to use Birds Cage?
- Once the birdcage is delivered to you, you first need to install the perch and bottom tray (if available).
- After installing the perch and bottom tray, you need to place the food and water bowls at the appropriate positions.
- The next step is to hang the cage.
- If you already have birds, you need to introduce them into the cage at this space.
- Otherwise, you can hang the cage at an ideal spot.
- Then hope that wild birds will find it and opt to make it a home.
- Once you have birds living in your cage, you need to be putting food in the appropriate bowl regularly.
- You would also need to ensure that they have a good supply of water.
- And you would need to be cleaning the cages on a regular basis.
Buyer’s guide for bird Cage
- It is important to ensure that the birdcage you buy is big enough.
- It should be big enough for the birds you wish to keep in it (to rest and to move about).
- Ensure that the birdcage you buy is made from a material that is not harmful to the birds.
- Also, see to it that the cage is sturdy and thus durable.
- To save money and time, you can opt to buy your birdcage online.
- Or if you prefer the traditional way of doing things, you can buy your cage at a pet products store.
List of Top 10 Best Bird Cage Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
1. LIVEONCE Safest Handmade set of two organic Bird Nest
These cages come in pairs. They are made from organic materials and are handmade.
- Very low price
- Natural-looking nests
- Decorative and practical as well
- Rather a small size
- No anti-escape mechanism
2. 15″ Birdcage for love birds, Finches, Budgies, 2 Cups with various colors
Comes with a perch stick. Appropriate for budgies, lovebirds, and other species.
- Versatile cage (for many bird species)
- Ready to use straight away
- Easy to clean
- Non-organic birdcage
- Has to be assembled
3. Jainsons Pet Products Bird Cage, 30X18X18 Inches in different colors
This is a reasonably big-sized birdcage. Capable of accommodating parrots, budgies, and lovebirds.
- Good modular design
- Quite easy to clean
- Room for birds’ movement
- Metal cage (not natural looking)
- Perches made of plastic
4. LIVEONCE Bird House in Coir for all love birds
Here is a natural-looking birdcage. Not prone to moss growth.
- Great aesthetic appeal
- Easy to hang
- Doesn’t ever attract moss
- Very modest size
- The relatively small bird entry hole
5. Lindo Bird Cage
This is another relatively big cage. Has detachable bottom tray.
- Comes with many accessories
- Not easy for the bird to escape
- Decent size cage
- Relatively costly
- Not made from natural materials
6. Taiyo Pluss Discovery Nest
Here is another handmade birdcage. It is organic and natural-looking.
- Big opening (for birds entry)
- Very low price
- Genuinely organic nest
- Only suitable for small birds
- Hanging can be tricky
7. Amishi Blissful Decors Big Metal Cage, Set of two
Here is a big metal cage. It can also serve as a décor item.
- Very elegant cage
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Easy to set up
- It May be hard to attract wild birds
- Quite a pricey cage
8. SADHANA Bird CAGE (SD-2104), 18X12X10 inches for all little birds
Here is a most elaborately constructed birdcage. Also very reasonably priced.
- Easily cleanable cage
- Relatively inexpensive
- Well aerated
- Metallic (hence inorganic) cage
- Tricky to assemble
9. Filigree Bird Cage – Teal
This is a beautiful, teal-colored cage. Both practical and ornamental/decorative.
- Considerably elegant
- Sturdy and durable
- Can work very well indoors
- Limited size cage
- Assembly requires skill
10. MESH Masters Bird Cage for love birds
Here is one of those very easy to hang cages. Can accommodate many bird species.
- Decent size cage
- Easy to transport
- Beautiful natural color
- Quite expensive
- Cleaning requires some effort
Your choice of a cage determines how comfortable your birds will be. The information in this guide should assist you in making a good bird cage choice.
It is bad to keep birds in cages?
It is not really bad, as long as the cages are comfortable.
What are the best bird cages?
The best bird cages have plenty of room for the birds’ movement, comfortable entry holes, and are easy to clean.
What is the price of a bird’s cage?
It ranges from 250 Indian Rupees to 1,300 Indian rupees, depending on size and features.