A biker jacket is primarily designed to protect its wearer from excess wind. Traditionally, the biker jacket was meant for motorcycle riding. As we all know, when riding a motorcycle, one faces a great deal of wind exposure. To minimize such wind exposure, special jackets were designed. Those came to be known as ‘biker jackets’. Because the biker jacket for men is so stylish, they have ended up being adopted for casual wear. Therefore nowadays, the biker jacket men buy is likely to be more of casual wear, rather than a motorcycle riding outfit. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Tracksuits for men in India.
The jacket gives you a casual trendy look. And it protects you from the elements of weather – including wind, rain, and dust.
Top 11 Best Biker Jackets for Men in India
Features of Biker Jacket For Men
- Closure type is an important feature in a men’s biker jacket.
- In the best biker jackets for men, the front closure type is typically in the form of a sturdy zip.
- There are some biker jackets that also come with buttons and Velcro to enhance the front zip closure.
- Size and fit type are other important features in men’s biker jackets.
- An ideal biker jacket for men is one that is big enough for the wearer’s comfort.
- Yet it should not be so big as to ‘overflow’.
- In biker jackets meant for actual motorcyclists, shoulder, back, and arm protective features are important.
Types of Men Biker Jacket
- There are polyester biker jackets for men.
- Then there are nylon biker jackets for men.
- We also have faux leather and real leather biker jackets for men.
- The polyester biker jackets for men tend to be very affordable.
- But they are usually not too warm.
- The nylon biker jackets for men tend to offer good protection against wind and rain.
- But they are not always very comfortable to wear.
- The faux leather biker jackets for men tend to be quite affordable.
- But they lack the elegance associated with real leather biker jackets.
- The real leather jackets are, on the other hand, typically very elegant.
- But they don’t come cheap.
Benefits & How to use Biker Jacket for Men
- You can wear the biker jacket when traveling on a motorcycle.
- You can also wear a biker jacket when going out during chilly or windy weather.
- The most important thing is to select a t-shirt or polo shirt that aligns well with the biker jacket.
- Typically, the t-shirt or polo shirt with which a biker jacket is worn is un-tucked.
- Jeans’ pants align well with the typical biker jacket men wear.
- But you can also try khaki pants. Usually, the biker jacket has a long neck collar, which you need to pull up after wearing the jacket.
- Then you can zip up the jacket if you are in chilly or windy weather to get protection.
Buying guide for Biker Jacket
- The most important thing is to ensure that the biker jacket you buy is one that fits you well.
- Also, ensure that it is one that looks good on you.
- To ensure that you get a biker jacket that fits you well, you need to look at the size.
- Most are sold in the standard M, L, XL, and XXL sizes.
- Also, consider the fit type.
- These jackets come in regular-fit and slim-fit.
- Select the one that works best for you.
- To ensure that you get a biker jacket that looks good on you, check its color and design.
- Also check the zippers in the jacket: both the front closure zipper and the pocket zippers.
- Ensure that they are sturdy and easy to move up and down.
List of Top 11 Best Biker Jackets in India Buyers Guide
1. VERSATYL (Unisex) Jacket
VERSATYL Biker jacket can be worn by men and women. It is made from 100% polyester.
- Comes with strong YKK zippers
- Pockets are quite big
- Price is reasonable for the quality
- It is not waterproof
- Comes only in neutral colors
2. Ben Martin (Men’s) Bomber Jacket
Ben Martin bomber jacket is a regular fit jacket. Fabric is 100% nylon.
- Lightweight yet warm jacket
- This is a reasonably elegant jacket
- Quite easy to care for
- Interior part texture may not be soft
- Price is quite high
3. Men’s Biker Jacket
What you get here is a faux leather jacket. It is stylish and warm at the same time.
- It is quite sturdy
- Pockets have zips
- Being a slim fit jacket makes it very stylish
- Price may be on the higher side for some
- Cleaning can be tiring and time-consuming
4. Qube By Fort Collins (Men’s) Jacket
Qube by Fort collins jacket is another 100% nylon biker jacket for men. Its design offers the wearer almost perfect protection from wind and cold.
- Matches with a wide variety of pants and shirts
- Easy to wash
- Has good weatherproof capability
- Pockets may be on the smaller side for some
- It may seem to experience the slight shrinking effect
5. Leather Retail Men’s (Solid) Biker Jacket
Leather Retails Biker Jacket is one of those exquisite modern-fit jackets. The fabric is faux leather.
- Great aesthetic appeal
- Interior texture is smooth and comfortable
- Comes with quality zips
- Being a faux leather jacket, it may eventually start cracking
- The price is somewhat high
6. Alpinestars Bionic Action Jacket
Premium quality jacket for motorcycle riders. It takes the armor jacket design.
- Comes with a removable neck support feature
- Includes shoulder and elbow protector
- The front closure zipper is of YKK auto-lock variety
- The price is considerably high
- Only suitable for motorcycle riding (may not be ideal for use as casual wear)
7. Campus Sutra Hooded Jacket for Men
Campus Sutra Jacket is a unique biker jacket, which comes with a hood. The fabric is polyester and the fit type for this biker jacket is regular.
- Can be worn in both warm and cold conditions
- Reasonably easy to clean
- Stitching seems to be strong
- Getting a perfect size can be a challenge
- Some may find the color somewhat dull
8. Royal Enfield Streetwind Riding Jacket
What you get here is an actual biker jacket (one that is suitable for motorcycle riding). But it is also stylish and therefore suitable for casual wear.
- Has EVA foam shock absorption feature in the back
- Comes with protective pads for the back, shoulders, and elbows
- Has great aesthetic appeal
- The price is quite high
- It may get too warm during hot weather
9. Rope (Men’s) Regular Jacket
Highly affordable price jacket. Made from polyester.
- Reasonably easy to wash
- Aligns with many pants and shirts
- Price is quite low
- Doesn’t come with advanced biker protection features (hence possibly only suitable for casual wear)
- Some may find pocket sizes inadequate
10. Snaefell Performance Racing Motorcycle Jacket
This is an actual motorcycle riding jacket. Comes with reflective prints for better user safety.
- Zippers are of top quality YKK type
- Has good breathability (in spite of being windproof)
- This jacket has great elegance
- Price is quite low
- Only ideal for use while actually riding a motorcycle
11. GuTe Powersports (Men’s) Blouson Biker Jacket
Provides full body armor. Combines elegance with bike riding practicality.
- Protects wearer’s upper body from impact while riding
- Has stylish (if somewhat intimidating) design
- Can be potentially durable, due to its sturdy structure
- This jacket is rather heavy
- Price is quite high
A biker jacket offers you a chance to protect yourself from the elements of weather while maintaining elegance. This guide has the information to help you select a good biker jacket for your needs.
How much does a biker jacket cost?
A casualwear ‘biker’ jacket can cost between 300 and 1,700 rupees. An actual body armor biker jacket can cost between 4,000 and 17,000 rupees.
Can I wear a biker jacket?
Yes, you can wear a biker jacket: both while riding on a motorcycle and as casual wear while going out.
Which is the best biker jacket?
The best biker jacket is one that is weatherproof and stylish.