A bike seat cover increases rider comfort. That is because it cushions the rider from the impact of bumps, rough road stretches, sudden jerks, and so on. The bike seat cover also has a health benefit. It protects the rider’s spine, thigh, and hip regions. Therefore with a good quality seat cover, you can avoid medical problems that are common among motorbike riders. Those include blood pressure issues, piles, and excess body heat. The bike cover also increases the aesthetic appeal of the motorbike. It makes the motorbike look more elegant. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Bike Covers in India.
Top 10 Best Bike Seat Covers in India
Features of Bike Seat Cover
- Softness is an important feature in bike seat covers.
- Remember, the main use of these covers is to increase rider (and sometimes pillion passenger) comfort.
- That is only possible if the covers are soft.
- That is why most of these covers’ interiors are spongy materials.
- Elasticity is another important feature in bike seat covers.
- This is important because the covers have to endure a great deal of stretching on day to day basis.
- Proper drainage is yet another key feature in bike seat covers.
- This determines how easy to use the covers are during rainy seasons.
- Bike covers without proper drainage end up seeping water, which can be very problematic.
- The aesthetic appeal also matters in bike seat covers, as does scratch resistance and durability.
Types of Bike Seat Covers
- There are faux leather bike seat covers.
- Then there are real leather bike seat covers.
- We also have bike seat covers that are made using mesh material.
- There are hand-made bike seat covers.
- Then there are factory mass-produced bike seat covers.
- There are vehicle-specific bike seat covers.
- Then there are bike seat covers that are for universal-fit (not vehicle specific).
How to use a Bike Seat Cover?
- The first step is usually that of placing the cover over the original bike seat.
- The second step is that of stretching the bike seat cover.
- You do this to ensure that it encloses the original bike seat fully.
- The third step is that of securing the motorbike seat cover onto place.
- In some cases, this is done via a drawstring.
- There are other cases where it is done via Velcro.
- In yet other cases, it is done using harnesses…
- The most important thing is to ensure that the motorbike seat cover doesn’t slip away.
- Once the covers are in place, they require frequent cleaning.
- This, in most cases, is usually just a matter of wiping them thoroughly. But some require washing.
Buying guide for Bike Seat Cover
- The most important thing is to ensure that the seat cover you buy actually has good compatibility with your motorbike.
- Secondly, you need to check the cover’s sturdiness, as well as its softness.
- Further, ensure that the cover doesn’t allow for water to seep in. And that its appearance is acceptable.
- Check the quality of stitching in the seat cover.
- This will determine how durable the particular cover is likely to be.
- Pay some attention to the bike seat cover price.
- While the said bike seat cover price shouldn’t be the main thing guiding your purchase decisions, it is nonetheless important.
- Without paying attention to it, you may not get good value for your money.
- Go for the most fairly-priced bike covers.
List of Top 10 Best Bike Seat Covers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Mototrance PU Leather Bike Scooter Seat Cover
This cover is remarkably soft, yet sturdy. Material is faux leather.
- The cover increases the motorbike’s elegance
- Price is quite low
- Doesn’t allow water to seep in
- Installation can be hard on some motorbikes
- The cover may start cracking as it ages (because it is made from faux leather)
2. Autofy VKAMCOVER0009 Universal Bike Seat Cover
Can fit onto almost any bike. The price is very pocket-friendly.
- The cover has good elasticity
- Compatible with many bikes
- Easy to install (with Velcro to secure in place)
- Elegance is basic
- Velcro strap may interfere with helmet storage in some bikes
3. FEGO Sail Sport Air Suspension Seat Cushion
Offers great support to the tailbone (via a provable mechanical system). The main material is PVC.
- Comes with a genuine air suspension feature
- It is extremely elegant
- Doesn’t move about while riding (it has an anti-skid feature)
- Price is relatively higher
- Installation may require a bit of expertise
4. Q1 Beads Acupuncture Design Bike Seat Cover Cushion
This is a handcrafted cover. Aligns well with both fabric and leather original bike seats.
- Has stylish look
- Easy to install
- Delivers acupuncture-like relief
- It May is not fit onto some scooter/bike seats
- It may also not age very gracefully
5. Sahara Seats Royal Enfield Classic Leather Finish Seat Cover
One of the most elegant seat covers for bikes. It is also quite soft.
- Installation is simple
- The cover looks classy
- It is quite easy to clean
- Price is slightly higher
- May not reach the tank section in some bikes
6. Yamaha Seat Cover (for FZ-Fi/FZ-S Fi)
Here is another low-cost yet effective bike cover. It is an original Yamaha accessory.
- Comes from the same material as the original Yamaha seat it covers
- Price is low
- Offers genuine direct damage protection to the original seat
- Appearance is basic
- It doesn’t really enhance softness/rider comfort (only protects the original seat from direct damage)
7. AllExtreme EXUSC1R Universal Bike Seat Cover Cushion
Ideal for use with all flat-seat motorbikes. It is one of the most pocket-friendly covers.
- Price is affordable for almost every bike owner
- The cover has a decent appearance
- Compatible with many bike makes/brands
- Doesn’t align with scooter seats
- Mesh material may attract dirt easily
8. AutoFurnish 3D (Mesh) Universal Bike Seat Cover
Has cushioning effect. Can fit onto almost any motorbike.
- Extremely easy to install
- Helps cool temperatures
- Price is reasonable
- Elegance for this bike cover is basic
- Cleaning can be quite tiring
9. A2D Black Mesh Net Bike Seat Cover Cushion
Help reduce the level of heating/sweating. It is a waterproof bike cover.
- Price is rather low
- Doesn’t allow any water to seep in
- Very easy to clean
- May age quickly (being nylon cover)
- It may not fit easily onto certain scooter/bike types
10. Guance Net Seat Cover for Hero Maestro Edge
This is a lightweight yet comfortable motorbike seat cover. It is made from a mesh material.
- It is sturdy and therefore likely to be durable
- Doesn’t require much effort to clean
- Easy to install
- It May not fit onto some bike seats
- Some may find it slightly slippery
A good bike seat cover improves the appearance of your motorbike while also giving you extra comfort. This guide can help you in selecting an ideal cover for your motorbike or scooter seat
What is the most comfortable bike seat cover?
The most comfortable motorbike seat cover is one that has some cushioning, with a temperature cooling effect.
Which seat cover is best for bikes?
The best seat cover for the bike is one that is sturdy and easy to install. It is also one that offers genuine protection to the original bike seat and to the rider.
What is the price of the bike seat cover?
Bike seat cover price is mostly between 180 and 1,000 rupees, with the covers that have more features being costlier.