A bike cover serves the purpose of protecting the motorbike from exposure to the elements. The elements in question here include sunlight and rain. Sunlight has the potential to make the motorbike color fade. This can in turn cause a reasonably new bike to look very old and unkempt. On its part, rain can cause damage to some of the motorbike parts. That is why protection from exposure to such elements is important.
Besides rain and sunlight protection, a bike cover also shields the motorbike from exposure to dust and rust. Dust can affect the appearance of the bike. It can make the bike age prematurely. It could also affect the bike’s engine parts. Rust on its part can affect the bike’s functionality. Some covers also offer protection against scratches and stains. Also, check the buyer’s guide for Puncture Kit & Vacuum Pumps in India.
Top 10 Best Bike Covers in India
Features of Bike Cover
- Water resistance is an important feature in a bike cover. A Motorbike cover that is not water-resistant wouldn’t offer much protection from rain exposure.
- Mirror pockets are also important in a bike cover. The best bike covers come with both right and left mirror pockets. These make the covers fit properly.
- Yet another important feature in a Motorbike cover is the clip lock. This helps keep the cover from being blown away by the wind. Some use a belt-buckle mechanism for this, rather than a clip lock.
- Size and thickness also matter in a Motorbike cover. The cover should be big enough to enclose the entire bike. And it should be thick enough to genuinely protect the bike.
Types of Bike Cover
- There are universal bike covers. These can be used on all bikes. Then there are bike covers that are made for specific bike models.
- There are bike covers that come with mirror pockets. Then there are those that come without mirror pockets.
- We have nylon bike covers. Then we have tarpaulin bike covers.
How to use Bike Cover?
- The first step in using a bike cover is that of spreading it over the bike’s top section. So you get the cover to go over the bike’s rider seat, pillion seat, handlebars, and side mirrors. If the cover is one of those that come with mirror pockets, pull them over the side mirrors.
- The second step is to pull the bike cover down so that it encloses the engine section. You have to pull gently, lest you tear the cover in the process.
- The third step is to pull the bike cover forward, to enclose the front wheel.
- If the bike cover has clip locks/belt-buckle, you need to engage them at this point. This will keep the bike cover from being blown away by the wind.
Buying guide for Bike Cover
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the bike cover you buy is big enough to adequately enclose your bike.
- Secondly, consider the sorts of elements the cover promises protection again. Does it offer protection against sunlight? Does it offer protection against rain? And does it offer protection against dust? Go for the cover that offers protection against the highest possible number of elements.
- Thirdly, consider the convenience features in the cover. Does it have clip locks? Does it have mirror pockets?
- Finally, consider the bike cover price. Go for the one that offers you the best features for the most reasonable price.
List of Top 10 Best Bike Covers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Mototrance Sporty Blue Body Cover
Mototrance cover is a universal cover for bikes. It includes mirror pockets.
- Offers decent protection from sun and scrapes
- The price is reasonable
- Its appearance is elegant
- Some may feel that the fabric is quite thin
- May not cover big bikes entirely
2. Amazon Brand Solimo Royal Enfield Classic 350 Cover
Amazon Solimo cover has the capability to protect the bike from ultraviolet radiation. It is also dustproof.
- Reasonably affordable motorbike cover
- Adequate size to cover bike entirely
- Also protects the bike from heat
- Appearance is quite basic
- It does not seem to be entirely waterproof (though it has considerable water resistance)
3. BIKEBLAZER Semi-Automatic Waterproof Cover
What you get here is a Nylon Taffeta cover, which is fully waterproof. Comes with a mechanical device from which you can pull the actual cover using a handle.
- This cover is quite sturdy
- It has the genuine waterproof capability
- The appearance is truly elegant
- The price is quite high
- The cover is somewhat delicate (being a Nylon Taffeta cover)
4. Shalimar Cross Laminated MotorBike Cover
Shalimar cross-laminated cover is another universal cover, suitable for a wide range of bike models. Besides rain and sunlight, also offers some protection against harsh winds.
- The cover has good flexibility
- Material is quite sturdy
- Size is big enough to enclose most bikes’ entirely
- Doesn’t seem to include mirror pockets
- May require some potentially tedious drying after exposure to heavy rainfall
5. Raida RainPro Bike Cover (for Royal Enfield Bullet 350)
Raida RainPro Cover is one of the most elegant covers for motorbikes. Its stitching also seems to be top-notch.
- Offers good resistance to water
- The cover’s appearance is very elegant
- Tends to be quite durable
- This is a vehicle-specific, rather than a universal cover
- The price is quite high
6. Black Dustproof Cover for Super Splendor
This is one of the most affordable covers for bikes. It offers decent protection against most elements, and the main material in it is plastic.
- It includes mirror pockets
- The price is within almost every bike owner’s reach
- Material is not too delicate
- Elegance seems to be basic
- Size may be too modest for some bigger bikes
7. Tuffpaulin Automobile Waterproof Universal 2-Wheeler Cover
What you get here is a tarpaulin cover. So sturdy that it even offers protection against snow (on top of rain, sunlight, wind, dust, and so on).
- The price is good for a tarpaulin cover
- Size is big, and therefore enough to enclose most bikes entirely
- It is easy to install, as tarpaulin material is not too delicate
- Comes without mirror pockets
- Doesn’t include a clip lock mechanism
8. Fabtec Motorcycle Cover for Hero Passion Plus
Here is another low-cost motorcycle cover. The main material in it is polyester taffeta.
- The cover has great elegance
- Price is low
- Size is good enough to cover the Hero Passion motorbike adequately
- This is not a waterproof cover
- Material is somewhat delicate, hence requires careful installation
9. HEMSKAR ® Honda Dio Bike/Scooty Cover
This cover has good water resistance. It is also capable of withstanding dust.
- Includes belt buckle to keep it from being blown away by winds
- Has decent protection against dust
- It is a lightweight cover
- The polyester material is not particularly sturdy (but it serves the purpose)
- The cover may not be 100% waterproof
10. CREEPERS Water Resistant Bike Cover for Royal Enfield Classic 350 Bullet
The color is navy blue, which is quite elegant. This cover is fully dustproof.
- Has great ultraviolet (UV) radiation protection
- It includes mirror pockets
- The price is within a reasonable range
- Only has belt buckle mechanism (rather than clip lock)
- It is not a universal cover, but rather one designed specifically for Royal Enfield Classic 350 Bullet
Using a proper bike cover, you can protect your motorbike from all sorts of ruinous elements. With the information in this guide, selecting a good motorbike cover should be easier.
Which bike cover is best?
The best cover is one that encloses the bike entirely and offers protection from all common elements.
What is the cost of bike cover?
The bike cover price range is mostly between 200 and 800 rupees. But there are a few that cost as much as 2,000 rupees.
How do I choose a motorcycle cover?
By checking the size of the cover, the material it is made from, and its specific features.