Bike chain cleaners serve the purpose of removing various forms of dirt and grease from bike chains. By removing the said dirt and grease, the bike chain cleaners end up improving the bike chains’ efficiency. After using the products, riders find that they don’t have to apply too much energy to move their bikes forward.
The bike rides, therefore, become smoother. Further, removing dirt and grease increases the bike chains’ lifespans. It makes the chains more durable. Also noteworthy is the fact that using the bike chain cleaners makes the bike chains less noisy. Also, check the buyers guide for the best paint spray cans & Bike Chain Sprays in India
Top 8 Best Bike Chain Cleaner in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Bike Chain Cleaner
- The best bike chain cleaners tend to be quite easy to apply.
- Therefore applicability is an important feature in a bike chain cleaner.
- Another feature we tend to find in ideal bike chain cleaners is that of deep penetration.
- The best of these products are able to penetrate deep (and fast) into all the bike chain links.
- Proper bike chain cleaners have good degreasing ability.
- And they also tend to have the power to protect the bike chains from corrosion.
Types of Bike Chain Cleaner
- There are bike chain cleaners that come in the form of sprays.
- Then we have others that come with spout mechanisms, through which they are applied.
- We have synthetic bike chain cleaners. Then we have others that are non-synthetic.
- There are foaming bike chain cleaners. Then we have non-foaming bike chain cleaners.
How to use a Bike Chain Cleaner?
- In most cases, you have to start by shaking the bike chain cleaner bottle.
- The next step is to apply the bike chain cleaner to your bike’s chain.
- This you may do through a spray mechanism or through a spout mechanism.
- You have to be thorough here, to ensure that it gets to all chain links.
- You then usually need to allow some time for the bike chain cleaner to act on the dirt and grease.
- Thereafter, you may need to brush the chain.
- You do so in order to actually remove the dirt particles that the chain cleaner will have loosened.
- Finally, you may need to consider applying a lubricant to the (now cleaned) bike chain.
Buying guide for Bike Chain Cleaner
- There are four key considerations to make while buying a bike chain cleaner.
- First, you need to consider what exactly the product is capable of cleaning.
- For instance, is it capable of removing grease from the chain train? Is it capable of removing the dust? Is it capable of removing rust… what exactly does it clean?
- Secondly, you need to consider the ease with which it can be applied.
- Thirdly, you need to consider how long its cleaning effect lasts, before requiring reapplication.
- Fourthly, you need to consider its price. Ensure that it is good value for money.
List of Top 8 Best Bike Chain Cleaners in India-Buyers Guide
1. Kangaroo Chain Lubricant Spray & Chain Cleaner
Kangaroo chain spray Comes in the form of an easy-to-apply spray. The quantity is 500 milliliters.
- Delivers a long-lasting cleaning effect
- Easy application via spray mechanism
- Comes with a bike chain cleaning brush
- Some may find the brush’s bristles not stiff enough
- The price is relatively high
2. Grand Pitstop Motul Combo of C2 Chain Lube (and C1 Clean)
The quantity is 150 ml. Comes complete with an application brush.
- Versatility (ideal for use on all types of bike chains)
- Reacts with dirt and grease quite quickly
- It is chlorine-free
- You only get 150 ml quantity
- It is a rather aggressive bike chain cleaning product
3. Grandbiker Evershine Combo Chain Cleaner Spray & Lube
Grandbiker evershine spray is suitable for use both on bicycles and motorcycles. The quantity is 150 ml.
- Application is easy
- The brush with which it comes is of high quality
- Price is affordable by most people
- You may need to use a lot of the product to achieve a proper cleaning effect
- Quantity (at 150 ml) is rather modest
4. Glosil international chain lube and chain cleaner
What you get here is 150 ml chain lube and 140 ml chain cleaner. The combo also includes a chain cleaning brush.
- Works well in all climate conditions
- Comes as a complete package (chain lube, chain cleaner, and brush)
- Delivers lasting results
- Price is quite high for the quantity
- It May have a slight residue effect
5. NIKAVI FCL500 Foaming Chain Lube Cleaning Spray
The quantity is 500 ml. The package has the bike chain cleaning spray and brush.
- Quantity is quite good, at 500 ml
- Has good degreasing power
- Doesn’t harm other bike surfaces
- Application may require some time (to reach all chain links)
- Product requires frequent reapplication to keep the chain truly clean
6. Caspol Chain Cleaner, Chain Lubricant & Brush
Comes in the form of a spray. The chain cleaner is 150 ml (with the lubricant being 400 ml).
- Easy to apply via a spray nozzle
- Price is reasonable
- Offers good (and fast) penetration into all parts of the chain
- Quantity is rather modest
- It May does not work perfectly in certain climate conditions
7. BLACKBIRD Bike Care Kit
This kit includes a 160 ml bike chain cleaner – besides lube, de-rust, and brush. Ideal for use on a wide range of bike chains.
- Promises superior penetration into all the chain links
- The kit is complete (with lube, chain cleaner, de-rust agent, and brush)
- Offers some protection from bike chain premature wear and tear
- Bike cleaner quantity may be suitable for only a few usage sessions
- A spray nozzle may require forceful pressing for it to release the bike chain cleaner properly
8. LET’S PLAY LP-6942 Chain Lubricant Spray
What you get here are two bottles of lubricant spray (each 150 ml). Compatible with o-ring, x-ring, and Z-ring chain systems.
- Application is quite easy
- Versatility (the product is ideal for use on a wide range of bike chains)
- Comes with a very good quality brush
- Some may find the product too thick
- A spray nozzle may require careful handling
If you want your bike chain to serve you well and for long, you need to be cleaning it properly. Armed with this guide, you are better placed to identify and purchase an ideal bike chain cleaner product.
What can I use to clean my bike chain?
The most ideal product for this purpose is a purpose-built bike chain cleaner.
Which is the best bike chain cleaner?
The best is one that delivers lasting cleaning results, is easy to apply, and doesn’t leave an untidy residue.
What is the price of the bike chain cleaner?
The price may range from 200 to 600 Indian rupees, depending on product quantity and quality.