A bike battery provides the current that is necessary for the operation of things like the starter, horn, and lights. The bike also has a small dashboard, with things like a speedometer, and these too require battery power to work. If a bike has no battery, or if the battery in it is faulty, those functions won’t work. Whereas there may be the option of starting the bike through kick start, the other electrical parts will not work. That is unless you put a battery on. Usually, when you buy a bike, it comes with a factory-installed battery. With time though, the factory-installed battery may stop working as it should. It may also get damaged or simply get lost. In all these cases, the right course of action is to buy a replacement bike battery.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Solar inverters, Luminous Inverter Batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, Poco F1 Batteries, 3.7 Volts batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best Bike Batteries in India
Features of Bike Battery
- In a bike battery, the most consequential feature is its Ah (amp-hours) capacity. This tells you whether the battery is adequate for your bike. Or whether it is either too big or too small for the bike’s needs.
- The rated voltage and amperage figures for the battery are important too.
- Then there is corrosion resistance, as an important feature in bike batteries.
- Another key feature in bike batteries is vibration resistance.
- The weight of the battery matters too: as an extremely heavy one would usually not be ideal.
Types of Bike Batteries
- There are 2.5 Ah bike batteries. Then there are 4 Ah bike batteries. We also have 5 Ah bike batteries.
- There are vehicle-specific bike batteries.
- Then there are general-purpose bike batteries: for use across a wide range of bike types.
- We have wet-cell bike batteries. Then we have dry cell bike batteries. Also available are gel bike batteries.
- There are conventional bike batteries. Then there are AGM maintenance-free bike batteries.
Buying Guide for Bike Battery
- You first need to check the original factory-installed battery that your bike came with.
- This you do in order to find out what type of battery it is: especially its amp-hours capacity.
- Avoid buying a battery that is either too big or too small for your bike’s needs.
- Pay some attention to the bike battery warranty. Generally, avoid buying any bike battery that comes with no proper warranty.
- Further, pay some attention to the bike battery price.
- You don’t necessarily have to go with the cheapest or highest bike battery price you can find.
- But do check the value for money proposition in each battery you consider buying.
How To Use Bike Battery?
- Usually, a bike battery has a couple of nodes: a positive node and a negative node. What you need to do is locate the bike’s positive connector. Then get that in (firm) contact with the battery’s positive node. Thereafter, locate the bike’s negative connector. Then get that in firm contact with the battery’s negative node.
- Thereafter close up the bike battery slot.
- After this, it should be possible for you to get this like the bike’s starter, horn, and lights to work. That is alongside dashboard displays. All those will be working using power from the battery.
- If what you are using is a wet cell battery, remember to top up the water and acid.
- For all battery types, you may need to periodically clean the area around the nodes. You do this to get rid of the buildup that tends to accrue there as the battery works.
- Once the battery’s life is over, dispose of it responsibly: being mindful of the potent chemicals in it.
List of Top 10 Best Bike Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Exide Honda (Sealed-Type) Hero Motors Bike Battery
Ideal for use on scooters as well as dirt bikes and motorcycles. It is a 12-volt battery.
- High resistance to vibration
- Comes with an in-built flame arrestor
- The price for this particular battery is reasonably low
- This is a permanently sealed battery
- Weight is 1.5 kg
2. Amaron Pro Bike Rider Two-Wheeler Battery
Comes with a 4 Ah power capacity. Requires no water/acid top-ups (because it is a VRLA technology battery).
- Great corrosion resistance
- Fully reliable spill-proof design
- Comes with high-cranking power
- Adds considerable weight to the bike (at 2 kg)
- Terminals may bend if you push them too roughly
3. Vzone 2.5LV Battery for Hero & Honda
The capacity for this bike battery is 2.5 amp-hours. It is ideal for use in kick-start bikes.
- This is a very compact battery for easy placement on a bike
- It does not corrode easily
- The price for this battery is pocket-friendly
- Its 2.5 Am hours capacity may prove too low for some bikes
- It is a basic lead calcium battery
4. Mk Gold Motor Bike Batteries for Hero, TVS, Honda
Also suitable for use on Bajaj and Honda bikes. The capacity is 2.5 Amp-hours.
- It is built on cutting-edge VRLA technology
- Weight is only 1 kg
- Does not require to be topped up with water or acid
- This is a vehicle-specific fit type of battery
- It has 9.4 milliohms internal resistance
5. Power Zone 2 Wheeler Orange Batteries
What you get here is a completely sealed VRLA battery. It has a capacity of 4 amp hours.
- The battery has 48 month’s warranty
- The price is not too high for a 4 amp hours battery
- It weighs only 1.2 kg
- Fitting this type of battery on the bike may require you to have some tools and skills
- The battery may be too complex for easy repair (in case the need to repair it arises down the line)
6. PI AMP POWER 12v Batteries for Bike
This is actually a modern VRLA battery for bikes. Ideal for Hero bikes, Honda bikes, and others.
- These bike batteries come in a ready-for-usage form
- It replenishes its own water via a chemical reaction (therefore no top-up is necessary)
- The battery’s performance is generally reliable
- It (like most bike batteries) may have a slightly corrosive effect
- The weight at 1.5 kg may appear a bit hefty for some
7. SF Sonic 12 Volt Maintenance Free Batteries for Bike
This is a lead acid battery, made of 6 cells. Ideal for use on most standard-design bikes.
- The design for this bike batteries are fully spilled proof
- You don’t have to create a maintenance routine schedule for it (as it is maintenance-free)
- The durability of this sort of battery tends to be quite good
- Efficiency is hampered slightly by its 13.5 milliohms internal resistance
- It is quite a bulky battery
8. Nicotek Battery for Two-Wheeler Bike
This bike battery comes with a 4 amp hours capacity. It is ideal for use on Hero Splendor as well as Activa bikes.
- It would be highly unlikely for a battery of this type to ever spill its content (hence better safety profile)
- This is more or less a fully maintenance-free battery
- This battery has a very low tendency to corrosion
- The warranty is shorter, for only 12 months
- For some bikes (other than Hero Splendor and Activa), this battery may not always fit with ease
9. Tata Green 12 Volts Motorcycle Batteries
This is a premium-quality VRLA battery. It has a high capacity of 5 Ah.
- Compatible with very many bike types
- Does not require refilling of water
- Comes with 48 month’s warranty
- It weighs 2.3 kg
- There is a limit to its corrosion resistance
10. Anand Amco 9 Ah Bike Batteries
This is a 6-cell VRLA battery. It comes with a 9 amp-hours capacity for a charge.
- It is quite easy to set up on most bikes
- The battery generally has a good durability rating
- It gives adequate power for most bike functions without hitches (being a 9 Ah batteries)
- The terminals may bend slightly (making connection hard) if you handle them too roughly
- It may prove too big for some bikes (given its 9 Ah capacity)
You need a good-quality battery for your bike’s electrical system to operate as it should. Use the information in this guide to make a good bike battery purchase decision.
Which batteries are best for bike?
Those with good enough capacity, high corrosion resistance and high vibration resistance.
What is the cost of bike battery?
Bike battery price may range from 780 to 1300 Indian rupees.
How long does a 12V bike battery last?
It can often serve for between 3 and 5 years.