A battery tester is a device through which you can check how much power various batteries have. It can therefore help you in working out which batteries are ready for use and which ones require charging. Further, it can help you in working out which batteries require replacement – that is, the ones that are completely dead. If you use lots of battery-powered devices in your home or business, you will find a battery tester handy. Or if you are involved in battery (as well as general electronics) repair, battery testers can help you.
Also, check the buyer’s guide on the best inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Battery, Distilled water for batteries, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power bank brands, Mobile Holders for Cars, Waterproof Mobile Pouch, and Tempered Glass in India.
Top 10 Best Battery Testers in India
Features of Battery Tester
- The most important feature of a battery tester is its accuracy. You can deduce how accurate a tester will be by looking at its measurement accuracy rating.
- Another important feature of battery testers is compactness. Compact testers tend to be easier to handle than bulkier ones.
- Weight too is an important feature of a battery tester. An ideal tester should not be too heavy: otherwise, it becomes inconvenient to work with.
- Then there is display clarity, as yet another key feature in battery testers. An ideal tester should have a display that is both clear and easy to infer readings from.
Types of Battery Testers
- There are digital battery testers. Then there are analog battery testers.
- On another note, there are self-powered battery testers (which have their own internal power sources). Then there are battery testers that rely on power from the batteries that are being tested.
- There are specialized battery testers: which work for only certain types of batteries. Then there are general-purpose battery testers – which work for a wide range of battery types.
Buying Guide for Battery Tester
- You should start by thinking in terms of what types of batteries you will be mostly testing. Then ensure that the battery tester you buy is ideal for actually testing such types of batteries.
- In all cases, ensure that what you buy is a tester with decent accuracy. Also, ensure that the tester you opt to buy is one that is not too hard to use. Further, go for a tester that is likely to serve you for a long. Not one that is likely to start falling apart within days.
- Consider the battery tester price too. Ideally, this should be a factor of things like what material the tester is made of and it’s technical sophistication. In the end, go for the tester from which there is a good chance of getting good value for money. But don’t pay a higher battery tester price on account of ‘bells and whistles (features) that you don’t really need.
How To Use Battery Tester?
- In some testers, there is a vice-like mechanism. So what you do is insert the battery that is to be tested into the slot given for it.
- Then you release the vice so that it grips the battery.
- As soon as the tester’s vice has a grip on the battery, a reading shows up on the tester display.
- In other testers, there are connectors – which you use to connect to the battery’s positive and negative ends.
- As soon as you make this connection properly, a reading should show up on the tester’s display.
List of Top 10 Best Battery Testers in India-Buyers Guide
1. D-FantiX Universal Battery Checker
This works with C, D, AAA, and AA batteries, as well as 9-volt and 1.5-volt button cell batteries. It works using power from the battery being tested.
- It has decent accuracy
- Suitable for use in testing a wide range of batteries
- The price is not too high
- Requires very brief battery testing times (otherwise its drains a lot of power from the battery being tested)
- It seems to be mostly a plastic tool
2. 2 Pack Universal Battery Tester for AA, AAA and Other Button Cell Batteries
What you get here is a pack with 2 testers. These are small, lightweight, and hence easy to carry around testers.
- Does not require its own power source (as it uses charge from the battery under test)
- Comes with a color-coded display
- Quite sturdy and may work for quite a long before falling apart
- If the battery under test is dead, the tester won’t function at all
- May not work for the much bigger types of battery
3. Amprobe BAT-250 Tester for Batteries
This is a fairly sophisticated and sturdy tester. Works with 9-volt, AA, AAA, and several other common battery types.
- Its display is easy to read
- Comes with a good vice-gripping mechanism for the battery under check
- Does not require its own power source
- Some may feel that the price is a bit high (relative to some other testers)
- Only ideal mostly for checking battery voltage, not battery health
4. Robotbanao BT168D Battery Capacity Tester
This is actually a digital display tester. It comes complete with an alarm that buzzes to indicate low voltage.
- The price for this tester is within most people’s reach
- Taking readings from it is easy enough
- Convenient to handle
- The tester may not be easy to repair in case of developing problems
- Only works with certain types of battery
5. AmiciSense Digital Tester for Battery
Compatible with testing C, D, AA, AAA, and miniature batteries. Gives digital readings.
- It has a broad testing range
- The tester is self-sufficient, only drawing power from the battery under test
- It has good accuracy
- It is slightly delicate and won’t withstand extremely rough handling
- The price is not low (relative to some other testers)
6. Simxen Battery Tester
Works with both button cell and rectangular batteries. Comes with a color-coded meter display.
- This is quite a compact tester
- Tells you whether the battery is good, low, or needs replacement
- Its structure is quite sturdy
- Sometimes may hold the battery a bit loosely
- Can be hard to repair in case it ever has technical problems
7. Universal Tester Monitor for AA, AAA, C, D, and Other Button Cell Batteries
Ideal for use in testing almost the entire range of household batteries. Uses power from the battery that is under check (so it doesn’t require its own power source to work).
- This is a highly versatile tester
- It is very portable, considering its weight and compact structure
- Gives quite accurate readings
- The display is in analog format
- Won’t directly check the capacity for the battery, but only the voltage
8. ORIGINAL MART Tester for Batteries
Works with AA and AAA, as well as C, D, and other types of battery. Suitable for use in checking both button cell and rectangular batteries.
- Easy to handle (as its size is so compact)
- Grips the battery under test quite well
- Gives almost instant readings
- It only relies on power from the battery it is testing
- Some people may require a bit of time to learn how to take readings from the analog display
9. Lovely Home 1 Pc Universal Tester for Batteries
This is a rather small yet quite handy battery tester. Ideal for use in homes as well as some technical repair places.
- Works with both rechargeable and standard batteries
- The price is not too high
- It is easy to use
- May be easy to lose, given its minute size
- Some may feel that its joints and clamping mechanism are a bit loose
10. Cartshopper Universal Battery Tester Checker
What you get here is one tester, which works with both button cell and rectangular batteries. It includes a color-coded display for battery status.
- Gives readings with good accuracy
- Works with a wide range of battery types
- Can tell you when to use, charge or simply replace your batteries (through its color-coded display)
- Readings are in analog format
- Requires fast operation: otherwise, it may completely drain power from the battery under test
A good battery tester can help you know the true state of your batteries with ease. This guide can help you in identifying the best battery testers in India and buying them.
How can you test if a battery is good?
There is a device known as a battery tester that you can use for this purpose.
Which is the best battery tester?
One that is accurate, easy to take readings from, and sturdy.
What is the price of the battery tester?
Battery tester price mostly ranges from 290 to 1,200 Indian rupees, depending on features and quality.