To play the game of basketball, there are several items you need to have. It is those items that constitute the basketball kit. They include the hanging board, net, ring, and ball. Sometimes, even a clothing outfit like a basketball jersey may be part of the kit. Without these items, you can’t play the game. If you are a basketball enthusiast, you may need to buy the kit for your personal use. The kit can also help if you want your kids to develop an interest in this game. People who run basketball clubs also need to buy these kits every once in a while. We also have school sports administrators, who need to buy basketball kits from time to time.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Rugby balls, Throw balls, Exercise Ball, Footballs, Cork balls, Cricket Balls, cricket bats and balls, Cricket kookaburra Balls, Badminton Rackets, Soft toys, Cricket Pads, Cricket Kits, Green Mats, Green Nets, Stumper Balls, Volley Ball Nets, Exercise balls, cricket bats, Nike socks, sando for men, Woodland sports shoes, long socks for women, in India.
Top 10 Best Basketball Kits in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Basketball Kit
- In a basketball kit, sturdiness is an important feature. If you buy a kit that is not sturdy enough, it may not withstand practical usage. Remember, this is a game that can at times get a bit tough.
- We even have players hanging on the boards at times: hence the need for sturdiness.
- Further, in a basketball kit, flexibility is an important feature.
- In this regard, the kit should be easy to install. It should also be adjustable, for different playing needs.
- On yet another account, in a basketball kit, the ball diameter is a key feature.
- This tells us what it is suitable for, and what it is not suitable for.
- If, for instance, you are getting a kit for kids, you may need a smaller ball diameter.
Types of Basketball Kits
- There are basketball kits for kids. The ones for kids tend to have smaller balls and boards with graphics that kids are likely to find attractive.
- Then there are basketball kits for adults. Those for adults tend to have bigger balls and plain, taller (standard-size) boards.
- Then there are fixed basketball kits.
- There are portable basketball kits.
- There are basketball kits in which the board is made of wood.
- Then there are those in which the board is made of plastic or other materials.
Buying Guide for Basketball Kit
- The key thing to consider while buying a basketball kit is its major intended purpose.
- Is the kit for kids’ playing? Or is the kit for use by adult players? Is the kit for amateurs? Or is it for professionals? These are key questions.
- In all cases, ensure that you buy a basketball kit that is reasonably easy to set up.
- Further, only buy a basketball kit that is likely to last long.
- Look at the materials with which the various components of the kit are made.
- Also look at the joinery, to be sure you are getting a good quality and potentially durable kit.
- On another note, ensure that the basketball kit price you pay is not too high, given the quality level.
How To Use Basketball Kit?
- Upon getting your basketball kit, the first thing you need to do is set it up.
- This may entail first attaching the net to the board.
- Then you attach the board to the stand and ultimately erect the stand.
- Once you set up the basketball kit, you need to test it. You test the kit to ensure that you have set it up correctly.
- Thereafter, you can start using the kit in actual play.
- After using the kit, you may need to disassemble some components.
- Then keep them well, for easy access the next time there is a need to play.
List of Top 10 Best Basketball Kits in India-Buyers Guide
1. Sarvda Kids’ Basketball kit
This is a portable kit, with a board, net, and 2 balls. Ideal for indoor ball playing, as well as outdoor play.
- The ball in this kit is safe for kids’ usage (being made of soft rubber)
- This is a low-price kit
- The board has patterns that kids are likely to find attractive
- Some aspects of this kit’s assembly may be challenging
- The kit comes in packaging that is rather somewhat basic
2. Truvendor Enterprises Kids’ Basket Ball Kit
What you get here is a complete kit, including a net and board. The ball’s diameter is 14 cm.
- The board is wooden, hence quite sturdy
- In this kit, the net is quite nicely knit
- All items in the kit are nicely finished
- Some may find the ball a bit small
- The board requires hanging on the wall
3. Toys Treasure Chota Bheem Basketball Kit Set
Comes with an adjustable stand. Also includes 3 darts.
- This is a full portable kit
- It comes with a manual to aid with easy assembly
- The board’s backside can also facilitate darts playing
- The base requires filling with sand or water for stability
- Some may find certain of the kit’s components a bit small in size
4. NIPPON Kid’s Basket Ball Kit
Ideal for use by kids in the 2 to 6 years range. Includes connecting poles, besides board, net, ring, and base.
- Height is adjustable to 5 levels
- The price for this kit is quite low
- The vendor offers a video manual to aid with the assembly
- Some may find the board a bit almost distractingly colorful
- Ball inflation may initially be slightly challenging (but one soon gets a hang of it)
5. NHR Kid’s Small Basketball kit (With Ring)
This can serve as both an indoor or outdoor basketball playing kit. The board is imprinted with an interesting monkey face.
- This kit is fully child-friendly
- It is one of the most affordable basketball kits
- Board and ring are quite sturdy
- Some may find the ball a bit too smooth (with no ribbing)
- The wooden board is a bit heavy (which could slightly affect portability)
6. KREDZSTAY Kids’ Basketball Kit
The main components in this kit are the ball, board, and net. It is beautiful and suitable for use as a gift item.
- The plastic used in this kit is of a non-toxic type
- This kit’s price is within most people’s reach
- The ball is quite sturdy and made of rubber
- The ball size is somewhat modest
- Some may find the unicorn imprinted on the board a bit distracting
7. Buyab Factory Kids’ Basketball Kit
Includes the actual ball, as well as a round shape board, net, and ball air filler. The board is designed for wall mounting.
- This kit is quite easy to deploy/set up
- The board is remarkably strong
- The ball is reasonably big, with a 22 cms diameter
- Does not seem to include a stand (so you have to mount on wall)
- Some may find the ball too light in weight
8. Synlark Kids Basketball Kits
This is an adjustable kit. The board is made of plastic.
- This kit comes complete with a stand for easy mounting
- Assembly for this kit is easy and not time-consuming
- This kit is highly customizable
- Mostly only ideal for indoor usage
- Some may find the price for this kit to be a bit high
9. KREDZSTAY Kids’ Basketball Set With Adjustable Height
This is a hanging basketball set for both outdoor and indoor usage. Ideal for all kids above 3 years.
- The connecting poles are of adequate size (11 inches each)
- This kit is adjustable for different kids’ heights
- It is a lightweight, easily portable plastic kit
- Assembly for this kit may initially take a bit of time
- For some, the graphics on the board may be a bit of a distraction
10. Annie Kids’ Basketball kits
This kit is composed of a wooden board, together with a net and ball. It comes in a variety of colours, with attractive graphics.
- This is quite a low-cost kit
- Assembly for this kit is very straightforward
- The kit can be durable if you care for it well
- Not suitable for kids who are below 3 years
- Finding a proper wall on which to hang the board may at times be challenging
A proper basketball kit is essential if one is to play the game effectively. This guide can help you get your basketball kit shopping right.
What is in a basketball kit?
It typically includes the board, ball, net and ring.
How do you play basketball?
That is mainly by throwing the ball high up and trying to get it to go through the net.
What is the cost of basketball?
A good quality adult basketball in India can cost between 2000 to 3000 rupees.