When you think of tools you need, a hammer is at the top of the list. Whether you are just trying to learn how to fix things yourself, or you are an experienced professional, everybody needs a hammer. Professionals, anyway, use Ball peen hammers, as they are also called the machinist’s hammer. You will also need one if you enjoy do-it-yourself projects that involve metal shaping.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, sanding machines, DeWalt Power Tools, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Top 10 Best Ball Peen Hammers in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Ball Peen Hammer
- The distinctive feature of this type of hammer is the round-shaped head, hence the name “ball peen”.
- This is the side you will use for hitting hard materials such as metal.
- The other side of it is flat, so you will find multiple uses for it.
- You can find hammers that have a wooden handle or a synthetic materials handle.
- All of them are easy to use and will help you get the job done.
Types of Ball Peen Hammers
- Machinist’s hammers come in varied sizes and weights. Some of them weigh around 300 grams, while others can reach up to 900 grams.
- The difference rests in the materials used for making the head of the hammer or its handle.
- Also, they come in different lengths; some are 28 centimeters, while others are 24.
- At least, handles can be wooden or fiberglass.
- Their durability is different so make sure to check that out as well.
Buyer’s Guide for Ball Peen Hammer
- As mentioned before, you need to pay attention to the handle, as it can break easily under pressure.
- Choose a sturdy one, according to your project and building needs.
- Also, take into consideration the weight of the ball-peen hammer, as it can influence the way you use it.
- Furthermore, make sure to check for good quality, as it is more important than a low price, even though it may be tempting to choose the cheaper option.
How to use Ball Peen Hammer?
- The ball-peen hammer, as mentioned, has two sides, one round and one flat.
- The flat one works for normal striking, while the round one is perfect for shaping hard metal surfaces.
- You will need your hand’s strength for hitting the metal hard and the ball head will do the rest, thanks to its well-thought shape.
- You need to position your hand on the handle as far from the head of the hammer as it’s comfortable to hit properly.
List of Top 10 Best Ball Peen Hammers in India-Buyers Guide
1. PythonPro ball pein hammer
The first product on our list comes from PythonPro. The handle is from fiberglass and the hammer weighs around 300 grams.
- The quality of the hammer is great, so it won’t break easily;
- It is perfect for household work;
- The handle is anti-slip and anti-shock, so you will have no problem using it.
- The grip is a little small;
- You can’t use it for professional tasks.
2. TATA Agrico Hammer
This second item weighs 800 grams and costs 365 Rs. It has a wooden handle.
- The price is lower than the one before;
- It is durable and easy to use;
- It’s the perfect choice for household projects.
- One client complained about the quality;
- It is heavier than the one before.
3. Stanley Ball Peen Hammer
Next in line, the hammer from Stanley has a carbon forged steel head, for maximum durability. It weighs around 450 grams and costs 550 Rs.
- It is rust-proof, so you will use it for a long time;
- For improved durability, the head is attached with two wedges;
- It’s ideal for professionals.
- The handle could have better quality;
- It’s not great for domestic work.
4. Taparia Steel Hammer
The next product comes from Taparia. It costs around 400 Rs and weighs 800 grams.
- The quality is great;
- It is easy to use and has a sturdy grip;
- The price is good.
- The handle is a little loose and needs tightening from time to time;
- It is a bit heavy for household work.
5. Suzec Multipurpose Hammer
This next item weighs 100 grams and costs around 220 Rs. It is a great product to have around the house.
- It’s light and easy to use;
- The price is great;
- It is anti-rust for an increase in durability.
- It’s a bit small, so it won’t be great for professionals;
- It doesn’t have lots of ratings.
6. Goodyear Ball Pein Hammer
The hammer from Goodyear comes in different weights. The 900 grams one, perfect for professionals, costs 585 Rs.
- The handle won’t slip from your hand, avoiding accidents;
- It’s sturdy and won’t break easily;
- It comes with a 3 months warranty.
- It is a bit expensive;
- It could be a bit heavy for an inexperienced worker.
7. Groz Ball Peen Hammer
Next, the hammer from Groz has a fiberglass handle and weighs 225 grams. It costs approximately 380 Rs.
- The material is great;
- It respects standards and the producers are reliable;
- It is easy to use thanks to the comfortable handle.
- It is a bit small;
- The price is somehow high for a small hammer.
8. JK Super Drive Hammer
This hammer is good for heavy-duty. It has a sturdy wooden handle and costs around 610 Rs.
- It’s great for professionals, thanks to its characteristics;
- The hammer won’t break easily;
- You can return it in 10 days if you don’t like it.
- It’s more expensive than the other items on our list;
- It has no reviews on Amazon.
9. Oscar Ball Peen Hammer
The next item costs around 500 Rs. It is perfect for jewelry making and other do-it-yourself projects.
- If you have some interesting DIY projects, this hammer will help you with your tasks;
- It is durable and easy to use;
- You can return it within 10 days.
- It is a bit expensive;
- You will not be able to use it for heavy-duty projects.
10. Proxima Steel Hammer
Finally, the ball-peen hammer from Proxima weighs 400 grams and costs around 370 Rs. It is great for general-purpose jobs.
- The price is budget-friendly;
- It comes in handy for household jobs;
- It is 10 days returnable.
- You cannot use it for professional work;
- It has few reviews.
When you have a new project, whether professional or not, you will need a hammer. If it involves working with metal, a ball pein hammer is the one to look for. It’s perfect for shaping metal and helping you make jewelry or fix some metal parts. These hammers are useful for building furniture, driving cold chisels or setting rivets, just to name a few. They have accessible prices, especially if you need a lighter one that can be used for small household projects. If you need a more sturdy one, great for professionals, you should be prepared to spend some more money on a more durable one. Adjust your choice to the projects and your needs and you will be happy with your choice.
1. Which is the best ball-peen hammer?
The best hammer has the following qualities: it’s durable, light enough so you can use it properly without hurting yourself, but heavy enough so that you can hit with enough strength. It doesn’t break easily, it’s anti-rust and absorbs the shock and vibration from the hit, so it protects your hand. The items on our list have all these qualities, so pick the right one for you. It can be a professional or a day-to-day hammer, you can find them all here.
2. What is the price of the ball-peen hammer?
Weight and the material of the handle influence the price. A hammer for professional use can reach up to 800-900 Rs, while those that are helpful around the house cost around 300 Rs. There are hammers for every budget if you remember to check the technical information provided when buying them.