Badminton is a popular sport in India. The game has been played in India for almost 300 years and is the second most played indoor sport after volleyball. Badminton is played in over a hundred countries, with about 10 million players worldwide. Badminton is India’s most popular indoor sport, with more than 60 million players. It has many followers across age groups and gender as well. Badminton rackets can be used for both recreational and competitive purposes. The racket is used primarily by badminton players for scoring points and hitting the shuttlecock in a game of badminton. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Shuttle Bats, Badminton Nets, Shuttlecock, Cricket Balls, Stumper balls, Cricket Bats in India.
Top 10 Best Badminton Rackets in India
Features of Badminton Racket
- Badminton rackets come with different features in the upper hands and lower hands.
- The racket is mainly made of carbon fiber, but other materials are also used, such as fiberglass.
- Nowadays, more expensive rackets become lightweight due to the use of plastics instead of metal in their construction which was prevalent 30 years ago when these were first invented.
- There are also storage and tension wheels in the shaft of most modern rackets to allow for changing the string properties by changing positions on these.
Types of Badminton Racket
- Badminton rackets are available in many different sizes and materials.
- They come with corresponding shafts, heads, handles, etc., depending on the player’s body type.
- Players can choose from various materials for their racket, including graphite material that provides excellent spin to its ball hitting surface when struck by a shuttlecock.
- Depending on the climate affecting our play style, budget, and surroundings, you can play this game indoors or outdoors.
- The game is played on a rectangular court comprising of trapezoids.
How to use Badminton Racket?
- After picking up the racket and stringing it, players take a shuttlecock.
- This is done by holding the head of whichever hand they use as their right hand.
- The player takes this shuttlecock in that hand’s front pocket and hits it overhand into the court with great force.
- The more power used with each hit increases the speed of both hitting ball and returning control surface, which you can use for offensive actions at the net.
- Rackets are available in many sizes and materials, which determine the force required to smash the shuttlecock overhand.
Buyer’s guide for Badminton Racket
- If you are planning on buying a new racket, it is best to know what style of game you want to play and decide accordingly.
- If you want something for beginner players with lightweight and lots of power, whereas the modern rackets come with multiple meshes to ensure maximal efficiency, then head over the traditional side.
- These benefits make it easier for beginners to find their shots without undoing the user experience.
List of Top 10 Best Badminton Rackets in India-Buyers Guide
Here is a list of the 10 best badminton rackets in India.
1. Yonex ZR 100 Light Aluminium Badminton Racket
It’s a popular lightweight badminton racket often used by very professional players such as Asia No. 1, Lee Chong Wei, and Taufik Hidayat, among others.
- High-Quality Pro model
- Durable racket with a flexible frame
- Fast Play as it’s built for power and speed
- According to some people, the frame is weak
- It is sometimes said to be uncomfortable and heavy
2. Feroc Steel Shaft Badminton Racket
The racket handles wire, or looping and topping make it perfect for playing indoors. A helpful feature is the anti-shock rubber on the frame.
- It has an excellent quality
- You can use it without fear of injury
- The lightweight frame is straightforward to handle
- It’s not for newcomers
- Could be too light for you
3. Silver’s Sb-414 Gutted Badminton Rackets
It’s a very lightweight racket that newbies can easily use. It has strings that provide durability and comfort to make playing more enjoyable.
- Silvery looks excellent with silver strings
- Easy form for beginners in learning badminton
- The lightweight frame is easily accessible for starters
- The strings are too fragile
- The head size of this racket may not suit
4. Li-Ning XP 901-PV SINDHU Signature Series Badminton Racket
The racket is supplied with durable strings of high quality. A top-quality rubber coating has also been applied to make it more comfortable and sturdy when gripped.
- It’s very strong
- It has a lightweight frame
- Having anti-shock rubber on the frame
- A bit pricey for some customers
- The string tension is sometimes low
5. Neulife Badminton Steel Racket with 3 Shuttlecock
It’s a good choice for those who are learning to play badminton. The strings of this racket provide flexibility, comfort, and durability while being light in weight.
- It has a nice blend of durability and comfort
- The lightweight frame is very easy to handle
- Having quality strings that are durable and last long
- The racket is not for beginners
- It has lower string tension which could be not good for you
6. Silver’s KIDS SIL-JB190 COMBO-4 Aluminum Badminton Racket
It’s very light, and the material of this racket is durable too. To make it easy for you to handle. It has strings that give good tension that has been added within this frame.
- It is lightweight
- Easy to use & snags free
- Durable & good for starters
- The strings are delicate, a bit fragile
- Some customers might find it expensive
7. Hipkoo Sports HXBRSET_RDXSCOCKXNET Aluminum Full Badminton Kit
According to its construction, the net has been attached to the front. And this badminton racket is larger than usual, making it much easier to use.
- It is durable and steady
- This racket is long-lasting
- The size of the net is ample and easy to use
- It is a bit costly for some customers
- It’s smaller than usual, which might not be suitable for all players
8. YOUNG (Malaysia) Fury 7 Graphite Lightweight Professional Badminton Racket
It is a less expensive racket but with powerful strings. The strung also makes it easy to control the energy in your strokes and improves your accuracy and finesse of shots.
- The strings are very durable
- It has good power and control
- The badminton frame is lightweight and easy to hold
- It is not very powerful
- The strings may not last long
9. Alloy Steel Badminton Racket
This racket has good power and control. For those who prefer 12 pairs, another quality is available without strings but with a higher price tag.
- It has a wide stringing range
- The materials used are durable
- This racket has good power and control
- The strings of the racket might break easily
- It is not long-lasting, expensive to replace often
10. BOBBY SPORTS ® Alloy Steel Badminton Racket
This badminton racket model is highly durable and has high strength at its top. The size of the head is also perfect for allowing you some room to handle your shots well.
- It is long-lasting and durable
- Ideal for a beginner or intermediate player
- This badminton racket has high strength at its top
- The shaft of the racket might not be durable
- It is not as powerful and well-balanced as other models
This article discusses the best badminton rackets for beginners and intermediate players. The most recommended is Yonex, which has a lightweight frame and good power. It has a fast frame, allowing you to have an easy time in your game. For the rest, you can choose the one that suits you according to your requirements.
1. Which is the best badminton racket?
The best badminton racket is by Yonex. Because it’s lightweight and has a fast frame, it’s easy for beginners to handle.
2. What is the price of the badminton racket?
The price of the badminton rackets varies depending upon the quality and the brand you choose according to your requirements.
3. How do I choose a badminton racket?
The best way to choose a badminton racket is to look for a string thickness that feels right. The string should be thicker in the midsection of the racket.