Baby shampoos are hair care products designed for babies. They are usable for various purposes. They help remove oils, dirt from skin/scalp, dandruff, lice, and other pollutants usually found on the skin of babies. Baby shampoos are designed for babies in such a way that they cause less irritation to the baby’s eyes and skin than the normal shampoo.
They have substituting chemicals, mostly sodium trideceth sulfate, which acts as a cleansing agent. Some examples of baby shampoos are Johnson’s baby shampoos, Himalaya baby shampoos, spoo baby shampoos, etc. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Baby wipes, baby massage oils, baby oils, Baby Bath Toys, Baby Diapers, baby diaper bags, Manual Breast pump, electric breast pump, baby sleeping bags, Baby carry bags, baby walkers, baby swing, baby cradles, adult diapers, baby toys, baby rockers, baby bathtubs, mosquito net for baby, wet wipes, Cerelac Products, Feeding bottles, Educational Toys for Kids, puzzle Games, Building blocks, Lego blocks, Teddy bears, soft toys, Hanging Toys, Toy Cars, Toy Trains, remote control cars, Lego Blocks, Gaming Chairs, Anti Hairfall Shampoo, Hair Shampoo, in India.
Top 10 Best Baby Shampoos in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Baby Shampoo
Baby shampoos have unique features.
- They have a lower pH value, close to 7, to avoid irritation in case the shampoo comes in contact with the eyes.
- Moreover, the solution is diluted to reduce the risk, and surfactants are added which reduce irritation.
- In addition, they are usually free from dyes, alcohol and make the hair soft and fine.
- Some of them contain entirely natural ingredients to reduce the baby’s risk of exposure to chemicals.
Types of Baby Shampoo
The types of baby shampoos can vary.
- Some types of baby shampoos are organic and made from natural ingredients.
- They protect the hair from the sun, nourish it, and improve its texture.
- Some types of baby shampoos have a no-tear formula.
- They contain less harsh chemicals and are very dilute and don’t cause irritation to the skin.
- Other types include shampoos that contain dyes.
- These make the baby’s hair look clean and healthy. In addition, hypoallergic shampoos are also available.
- They avoid allergic reactions and cause less irritation
How to use Baby Shampoo?
- You must use baby shampoos gently on the baby’s scalp.
- You must pour only a small amount of shampoo on your palm.
- Rub gently to create foam and apply softly to the baby’s wet hair and scalp.
- You must massage the scalp gently for some time, creating a lather.
- Then, wash the baby’s hairs and scalp with plain and clean water until you have removed all the shampoo from the hair
Buyer’s guide for Baby Shampoo
- You must consider many factors before buying a baby shampoo.
- Firstly, check the skin type of your baby and choose the shampoo accordingly.
- If the baby has dry skin or hairs, you must choose a shampoo that provides extra nourishment and moisture.
- If the baby experiences irritation from shampooing, you must switch to a fragrance-free or pH-balanced shampoo.
- These types of shampoos reduce irritation.
- Also, when buying baby shampoos, always check the expiry date on the bottle to avoid risk and keep your baby safe.
List of Top 10 Best Baby Shampoos in India-Buyers Guide
1. Johnson’s baby shampoo
This Johnson baby shampoo is suitable for all types of hair and has a no-tear formula. It is available in 500 ml bottles and has various benefits. It is one of the most reputable brands when it comes to baby shampoos.
- It is very gentle to the eyes and doesn’t cause any irritation
- This is pH balanced and hypoallergic
- It doesn’t contain any dyes, parabens and is recommended by doctors
- It is expensive as compared to other brands
- It might not be very healthy for hairs as it doesn’t contain any chemicals or soap
2. Sebamed shampoo
These unscented Seba med baby shampoos are available in bottles of 500,150,50 milliliters. It is suitable for all hair colors and provides various benefits
- It nourishes the hair and makes them soft and smooth.
- Contains surfactants that are very mild and gentle to the skin
- It contains a sugar-based mild cleanser, chamomile
- You have to dilute it first before usage
- It is suitable only for babies between 3-7 months of age
3. Dabur baby shampoo
Dabur nourishing shampoos are perfect for small babies. It can be used on all hair types and is available in bottles of 500ml
- It is proven to improve hair growth
- It has a 100% tear-free and soap-free formula
- Provides nourishment and is pure and free
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other products and brands.
- Customers complain that hair becomes rough after use
4. Spoo Baby shampoo
This Spoo shampoo product is especially suitable for babies up to 2 years of age. It is a no-tear shampoo and comes in bottles of 125 ml
- Maintains pH to avoid damage to the scalp
- Regular usage builds shine and softness
- It leads to a soft and clean scalp
- Not suitable for all hair types
- It is strictly for external use only
5. Himalaya baby shampoo
This Himalaya baby shampoo can be used on all hair types and is chemical-free. This makes it perfect for use on children. It has many benefits on babies’ skin and health
- It has a protein-rich formula which is beneficial for hair health
- This contains chickpeas that have anti-dandruff properties
- It is soap-free and has the power of 3 herbs
- It is costly as compared to other products
- Some customers complain they receive damaged goods.
6. Baby dove shampoo
This sensitive care Dove shampoo is available in 200ml and has various benefits. It is hypoallergic, contains no sulfates and parabens
- This is tested and approved by dermatologists
- It has a neutral pH
- It is tear-free and hypoallergic
- You must store them in a cool and dry place.
- It is suitable for babies more than 2 months old
7. Cetaphil baby shampoos
This is a trusted brand and makes various skincare products. They are safe for babies and provides many benefits
- It contains only natural ingredients
- Designed specifically for gentle cleansing
- Allergy tested and approved by dermatologists
- They are relatively expensive as compared to other brands
- It has a safety warning that it must not come in contact with the eyes
8. Chicco baby care shampoo
This Chicco baby shampoos comes in a handy bottle and is gentle on the hair. They are free from parabens and provide a soft and tangle-free experience
- They are gentle soft and tangle-free hair
- They are enriched with pot marigold, which improves hair health
- It contains glycerin and nourishes the hair
- Some customers complain that hair becomes rough after usage
- It is extremely watery and not creamy
9. Mustela baby shampoos
This Mustela shampoo is derived from plant-based ingredients. It has a good fragrance, is tear-free, and is safe to use. It is available in 200ml bottles
- It is free from chemicals
- It protects and moistures the scalp
- Helps soften and detangle baby’s hairs
- Cannot be used to remove dandruff
- It comes only in 200ml which some people find too less
10. The mom’s Co baby shampoos
This is an Australian-certified toxin-free shampoo. It comes in a creamy form and is entirely natural. It has several hair health benefits.
- Helps in hair growth
- It also strengthens your hair
- It is tear-free and offers mild and gentle cleansing
- You must store them in a cool and dry place
- For best results, you must use shampoo with hair oil.
Therefore it could be concluded that baby shampoos are an important accessory for children. When buying baby shampoos, you must always be careful about their contents. You must check the pros and cons of each product and buy accordingly. This article will help you in choosing the best shampoo for your baby.
Q1) Which baby shampoos are best for a baby?
It depends on the type of your baby’s skin and your preference. Generally, shampoos with tear-free formula, no chemicals, no alcohols, gentle cleansing are best for your baby.
Q2) Are baby shampoos safe for babies?
Most shampoos are designed in such a way that they are safe for babies. Shampoos with natural, organic ingredients are usually safe. Shampoos with chemicals or artificial ingredients are not safe for babies
Q3) How much do baby shampoos cost?
Price varies by product type and brand. Generally, baby shampoos price between Rs 200-800