Baby oil is meant for use in moisturizing the baby’s skin. This is to say that it helps keep the baby’s skin from becoming dry. The end result is a better appearance and protection from the discomfort that would otherwise come with skin dryness. The oil is also ideal for use in massaging the baby’s skin. Massaging a baby’s skin with oil helps in getting better sleep, promoting better growth, and boosting immunity. Some types of baby oils are also ideal for use in improving hair texture. They can promote better hair growth and generally nourish the hair. Also check the buyer’s guide for the baby mosquito net, baby tricycle, baby bathtubs in India.
Top 9 Best Baby Oils in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Baby Oil
- One very important feature in a baby oil product is non-stickiness. The best products are light/non-greasy: hence easy to apply and comfortable for the baby once applied on the skin/hair.
- Another key feature is the fragrance. The best products in this niche have smells that make them tolerable to the babies and attractive to the caregivers.
- The ingredients the oil is enriched with are important, as is the oil’s ability not to solidify during cooler weather/winter.
- Hygienic packaging is also another key feature of a good baby oil product.
Types of Baby Oils
- There are baby oil products that are mainly meant for use on the baby’s skin. Then there are others that are suitable for use mainly on the baby’s hair. We also have others that are suitable for use both on the baby’s skin and hair.
- There are those that are ideal for use by babies of certain ages. Then there are those that are ideal for use by babies of all ages.
- We have ayurvedic babies’ oil products. Then we have non-ayurvedic babies’ oil products.
- We have baby oil products that come with coconut scents. Then we have those that come with an almond scent. Also available are babies’ oils with chamomile scent, among other fragrances.
How to Apply Baby Oil?
- In most cases, you have to start by cleaning the baby.
- The second step is to apply the oil to your hands. So you pour it from the bottle, onto your hands.
- The third step is to gently apply the oil onto the baby’s skin (or hair as may be the case). You may then massage the baby’s skin or hair gently, in order to spread and rub in the oil.
Buying guide for Baby Oil
- The most important thing to look at before buying a baby oil product is its list of ingredients. Ensure that the ingredients in the oil are of a type that is likely to be beneficial to your baby. And, more critically, ensure that the ingredients are not likely to cause harm to the baby. So you need to know which potentially harmful ingredients are, and avoid them.
- Ensure that the oil you buy is ideal for your baby’s skin type and age.
- Go for a product that comes in hygienic packaging and has a decent fragrance.
- Also, check the buyer’s guide for Hair Oils in India.
List of Top 9 Best Baby Oils in India-Buyers Guide
1. Johnson’s Baby Oil With Vitamin E
This is an easy to apply non-sticky oil. The quantity is 500 ml.
- It has a high level of purity (you can see through it)
- Quantity (at 500 ml) is adequate to last reasonable time
- It is free of dyes, sulfates, and parabens
- The fragrance is so mild that you may miss it
- Some may find the packaging a bit on the basic side
2. Himalaya Baby Hair Oil
What you get here is 200 ml of oil. Ideal for use in nourishing baby hair.
- The price is quite reasonable
- This is an alcohol-free product
- It has coconut and almond enrichment
- Some may find the 200 ml quantity too modest
- It is mostly ideal for use on baby hair (and not the rest of the body)
3. Dabur Lal Tail Ayurvedic Baby Oil
Ideal for use in promoting baby’s growth. The quantity is 500 ml.
- Offers a wide range of health benefits
- Packaging is quite good
- Quantity (at 500 ml) is decent
- Some may find the price slightly expensive
- Application routine may initially be slightly hard
4. Mamaearth Nourishing Baby Hair Oil
What you get here is a 200 ml quantity. The oil has avocado and almond enrichment.
- Has a good soothing effect on the scalp
- Helps to improve hair texture
- It is a 100% natural product
- Quantity is only 200 ml
- Some may find the price slightly high for the quantity
5. Dasapushpam Baby Oil
Ideal for promoting skin immunity. The quantity is 200 ml.
- Has a good coconut scent
- Quite easy to apply
- Offers several health benefits
- You may need to use it for a bit of time before starting to see results
- Price may be beyond some people’s reach
6. Mothercare All We Know Baby Oil
Rich in natural extracts, including olive. Suitable for use in baby massage.
- Its clear color gives a strong impression of purity
- The chamomile scent is quite nice
- Packaging is top-notch
- Some may find the price too high for the quantity
- Few babies may have an allergic reaction to it
7. Mee Mee Baby Oil
Comes with fruit extracts. The quantity is 500 ml.
- A good degree of purity
- Quantity (at 500 ml) may last for quite a while
- It has a good clinical safety profile
- The scent may be overwhelming for some
- Packaging is a bit basic
8. KLF Nirmal Virgin Baby Coconut Oil
Ideal for use in baby massage. This is an allergen-free product.
- Price is quite low
- The scent is attractive
- Unlikely to cause reactions (as it is allergen-free)
- Quantity is only 200 ml
- The application procedure (which involves massage) is quite elaborate
9. BabyButtons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
What you get here is a pack of 2 bottles. Each has 200 ml of oil.
- Helpful at soothing baby skin
- Promotes faster hair growth
- Quantity (at 400 ml total) is likely to last quite a while
- Fragrance may be somewhat too mild
- Price may be out of reach for some
You need to use a good quality baby oil product, in order to ensure that your baby gets proper benefits. This guide can be helpful to you in identifying and buying good-quality oil for your baby.
What is baby oil used for?
It is ideal for moisturizing and nourishing baby skin and hair. It can also be useful in baby massage.
Which is the best baby oil?
One that is gentle on the baby’s skin, is easy to apply, has a good scent, and has no harmful ingredients.
What is the price of baby oil?
Baby oil prices can range from 180 to 550 rupees, depending on quality as well as quantity.