A VGA converter, or Video Graphics Array, is only useful when you have a VGA-type monitor. A VGA Converter can be a conversion between any variant of graphics; however, this article will focus specifically on AV to VGA converters. This is referring to AV, or any sort of Audio-Visual output be it from a games console, DVD player, or old-fashioned video recorder. These devices are important when transferring information to be viewed on a modern monitor. Also, check the buyer’s guide for VGA to AV converter, VGA to HDMI converter, HDMI to VGA converter
VGA-type monitors used to be the standard and are still prevalent today, although they are being rapidly replaced by the more common HDMI interface. Regardless, if you work among computers this is a type that you will most definitely encounter.
Top 10 Best AV to VGA Converter Models in India
Types of AV to VGA Converters
AV to VGA Converters often come in two different variants:
- A miniature AV to VGA converter is most commonly used when it comes to home computers, be it desktop or laptop.
- These converters are small, portable, and often come with many semi-loose wires to manage.
- However, if not attempting to connect to a large projector or television, they will prove perfect for use.
- A full AV to VGA converter is quite bulky, used this time for televisions and projectors.
- These often come in large boxy shapes, with multiple ports on the side and more wires.
- The price in comparison to the miniature will vary, but for a general rule of thumb, they are more expensive.
Buyers Guide for AV to VGA Converter
During the purchasing process, watch for these things:
- The price of a converter should cost around twenty dollars USD, fifteen for a miniature. Keep this in mind, as generally when it comes to converters like this the price dictates the quality. However, as the product becomes increasingly obscure, watch for price hikes.
- A VGA format only supports video, so audio being transferred is not an option. To do this you will need a separate device.
- When buying a VGA converter, make sure that it is what you actually need. A VGA port has fifteen pins, five on each row, to be connected to a similar-looking port. If your machine does not have this port, you most likely are not looking for the right type of converter.
- Some more advanced converters have an array of buttons on the side. Make sure that these do what you want before purchasing.
- Make sure to test your converter before committing to its use. Never know when you may get sold a faulty device.
How to use AV to VGA Converter?
- A VGA cable has two ends, male and female. Each has a fifteen-pin appearance, and each must connect to its respective opposite type.
- This is true of all computer cables.
- They work by transferring analog Audio-Visual output into a format the Video Graphics Array device can read.
List of Top 6 AV to VGA Converter Models in India
1. WECHIP Genuine Mini HD AV to VGA Video Converter
A 13.9 x 8 mini AV to VGA converter used for computers. Comes with a modern denoising function to clean up the picture and automatic resolution defaults that are compatible with most monitors. It also works with the TV.
- It is an all-in-one box with a versatile function.
- It has a low price with a good result according to most customers.
- Made with cheap quality materials.
2. Microware AV S-Video Composite to VGA Video Converter
Made by the Microware company, this device is a highly rated, multi-port VGA converter specifically meant for DVD conversion. Right in the middle of a typical VGA price range, it hosts reliable features at an affordable price. Includes a compatible male-to-male cable.
- Flicker protection keeps the picture clean.
- 60 to 75 Hz refresh rate allows for versatility and quality use.
- Sometimes it malfunctions when it comes to color output.
3. VIBOTON RCA Composite AV S-Video to VGA Converter
Made by Viboton, this converter is highly rated with a quick response team when it comes to questions. A black 22.6 x 16-centimeter box, this converter is fairly large and should be used for bulkier displays.
- An incredible display quality contains vibrant color.
- As a higher-end product, it has multiple buttons that can alter the picture to your liking.
- It is quite bulky and awkward to use.
4. Posh Mini Composite AV RCA to HDMI Video Converter
A small white 3.8 x 6.4, this product by Posh boasts HD quality in a small package. At only 80 grams with three input ports and one output port, it will work for computers very well. It also functions with audio.
- The product is very lightweight and easy to transport.
- It is one of the less expensive converters the market has to offer.
- It is less reliable than some of the bulkier builds.
5. LipiWorld TV AV S Video RCA Composite to VGA PC Monitor Converter
Made by LipiWorld, this converter boasts a middling price with high ratings. At 12 x 3 cm, it is meant primarily to adapt for television and comes with the accompanying resolutions to do so.
- Multiple monitors can be used simultaneously.
- The device also has buttons along the side to alter the output to your choosing.
- Some customers complained about the device not working at all straight out of the box.
6. Microware RCA Composite AV S-Video to VGA Converter
One of the most expensive products on this list, this VGA converter, again by Microware, has an extensive list of resolutions, a refresh rate high enough to deter any image flickering, as well as a high-quality noise reduction system
- The quality is remarkably high all around.
- The denoising feature is extremely effective and keeps the picture clean and visible.
- The price is high in comparison to many other converters.
When dealing with computers, the number of incompatible devices and formats is extensive. Alleviate some of this pain by purchasing an AV to VGA converter. It may just save your day.
What is the price of an AV to VGA converter?
This converter is typically around ten to thirty dollars USD.
What is AV and what is VGA?
AV stands for Audio-Visual, the output from many old-fashioned devices. VGA is a more modern interface used by monitors and televisions.