An atlas is a book of maps. It has maps to illustrate the boundaries and borders between countries. It illustrates all features of the earth in the form of symbols to make it easy to plot. Its use in school is for academic purposes. However, its scope is vast. Its use is equally important to a country’s intelligence, and military officers. It is a complete guide to knowing our world.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Register Books, Moral stories, ABCD Charts, Study Pads, Diary Notebooks, School Bags, school bags for girls, Tupperware Lunch boxes, Puzzle Games, Toy Trains, Remote control Cars, Kitchen sets, doctor sets & tricycles for kids in India.
Top 10 Best Atlas Books in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Atlas Book
- Every atlas has keys and symbols to make maps comprehendible.
- The enlarged and colourful maps make their study easier.
- Labeled illustrations with explanatory paragraphs are a learner’s friendly feature. They provide a piece of good background information.
- The compilation of facts and definitions in form of tables makes them easy to learn.
- A newly introduced feature is app scan. This allows the user to access additional activities, such as quizzes.
Types of Atlas Books
- Atlas could be of a uniform type with maps and short introductory paragraphs. They are only for plotting a map of your own using them.
- Another type is a compilation of illustrative facts. They are to make learning joyful for 3-4 years old learners. This type has stickers included for a hands-on learning experience.
- Another type is the country-specific atlas. It has maps and facts related to only one country.
How to Use Atlas Book?
- Always look for app compatibility. It gives you access to more activities and quizzes.
- Never fold the paperback. Folding can damage the binding.
- If the book has poster/s, paste them or try to keep them within the book. You may also paste it into your room or class.
- Don’t let your child consume stickers or any such material.
- Use removable pen/pencils only to avoid messing up the book.
Buyer’s Guide for Atlas Book
- Know your child’s requirements.
- Don’t buy your child an expensive atlas knowing he would destroy it.
- If intend is to prepare for an exam, buy the one compatible for that purpose. Look for such a description present on the front cover.
- If you are a teacher, looking for an activity-based atlas, buy the one that offers such material. It will save you from spending extra money on maps/stickers.
List of Top 10 Best Atlas Book in India-Buyers Guide
Here is a list of the top 10 atlantes at Amazon.in.
1. Oxford University Press Student Atlas
Oxford University Press is a well-known book publisher. The third and fourth editions of this atlas are available in India.
- It is useful for all sorts of academic purposes.
- Time zone maps are included.
- The book supports the Oxford Areal app.
- The Third edition is more costly than the fourth edition.
- The third edition is outdated. It might not be referred to anymore.
2. Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged
This is a literary work of fiction. It was published in 1997. This is for fiction-lovers. It is a story based on saving the world.
- It promotes patriotism and leadership in young kids.
- It gives a creative way of thinking to the reader.
- The heroic character builds courage in readers of all ages.
- It is fiction. It is too old as well.
- It is not for academic purposes. It is for pleasure reading.
3. The Oxford Kids’ School Atlas-36th Edition (2020)
This publisher is trusted for its academic syllabi books.
- The publication is recent. Very little out-of-date content will be present it.
- It has separately printed Indian thematic maps.
- It is a complete guide for all students preparing for exams.
- There is no alternate format such as kindle or audiobook.
- The paperback could be expensive for some buyers.
4. National Geographic Kids’ Activity Atlas
It is a young learners’ book, designed to make learning fun. It is for beginners.
- It has over a hundred stickers making it interactive.
- It is featured with snapshots and fast facts.
- Full-page maps make them easy to comprehend for kids.
- It is kids-centered.
- The atlas needs a revision. It is a publication of the year 2019.
5. Pegasus Team World Atlas (2014)
It is a concise school atlas. It is compatible with the syllabus of primary classes.
- It is a one-time investment for young kids.
- The price is reasonable.
- The book is not very lengthy. It is light enough for kids to carry.
- It is not compatible with any app.
- It might have outdated maps.
6. Orient Black Swan Pvt. Ltd. School Atlas-8th Edition (2021)
This edition of the atlas by Black Swan is a recent publication.
- It is app-supported. It permits access to more learning material.
- It has a durable hardcover.
- The information is up to date.
- It is very expensive.
- The binding is unknown. The pages might loosen with time.
7. Orient Black Swan Atlas-2nd Edition
It is a paperback atlas. Its year of publication is 2020.
- It is worth buying for all students.
- It is a recent edition with current divisions.
- It is economical to buy.
- No format other than paperback is in stock.
- It lacks an app-scan feature.
8. National Geographic Kids’ Atlas for Beginners
The publisher National Geographic presents this book. It is for young explorers. The editor is Angela Modany.
- It is the best atlas with visual learning tools such as zoomed pictures.
- The index, in the end, offers a useful table containing common conversions.
- Compilation of important points is children-friendly.
- It is only for some basic concepts about reading maps.
- There is no alternate format available for this atlas, such as kindle.
9. DK atlas of Indian Culture and its People
Darlington Kindersley is a well-known publisher. This atlas is only related to Indian culture and its norms. It includes some of its famous places as well.
- It offers a free poster of India.
- It is good for general knowledge, and school assignments.
- Enlarged and explained illustrations are easy to relate to and learn.
- It is an old and expensive edition.
- All maps and information are about India only.
10. Harper Collins UK, School Atlas
Harper Collins is a famous publisher. It publishes all types of books. This atlas is their 2020 publication.
- It describes difficult terms in a simplified manner.
- Colorful maps make it easy to follow and locate places on the map.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry in bags.
- It is only available in paperback format.
- It is good for curricular studies. It is not for exam preparations.
To conclude, an atlas is a basic introduction to the world. It is for all ages. It might be related to a country. It’s good to buy an atlas that is illustrated and equally informative. Books are a one-time investment. It’s never too late to buy a good book for your child, such as an atlas. We hope you successfully find the atlas that suits your and your child’s requirements.
What is the best atlas?
The best atlas is the one that matches your child’s needs. It should also be budget-friendly. Remember, you don’t have to buy only an atlas. Let young adults make their choice to make the right choice at once. Avoid buying outdated editions as their divisions are outdated. The atlas with app scan features is now the best to buy.
What is the best atlas for students?
An app-compatible atlas is the best for students. This allows you to access more activities. The atlas entitled “Compatible for competitive exam preparation” will prove a good choice for a long-time. If the publisher offers an atlas with both features, it is the best for you. Buy illustrated atlas for junior grade students.
What is the cost of an atlas?
The starting cost of an atlas is around ₹250 to ₹600. Depending on the brand and content, the price could be as high as ₹14,000 too. It depends on the brand as well as the features the book offers.