Aquariums come in a variety of sizes and shapes. They fill the space in such a way as to give it some special flair. Wait a bit – why is it so green, full of algae? Where are the fish?
If the aquarium is not cleaned regularly and effectively, bacteria and harmful substances such as ammonia and nitrates accumulate. You should also monitor the pH level of the water.
Even the best water filters cannot completely clean an aquarium. To decide which one to choose, we bring you a variety of water and aquarium cleaning products.
Top 11 Best Aquarium Water Cleaners in India
Features of Aquarium Water Cleaner
- In this article, we bring you a series of pumps for cleaning water in the aquarium.
- Primarily, you need to know how the pumps work in general.
- Using pumps is among the easiest ways to clean aquarium water, also popular, but not expensive either.
- They inject air that is outside the aquarium into the aquarium and thus initiate water movements.
- Through the movement of water, harmful gases are released out of the aquarium into the atmosphere.
- Using pumps, we supply the aquarium with oxygen so that the fish can breathe.
- In addition to pumps, there are various filters for water purification.
- It is also necessary to clean the aquarium glass so that the interior stands out visually.
Types of Aquarium Water Cleaners
- When it comes to how to clean your aquarium and the types of aquarium pumps there are submersible and inline.
- Submersible pumps are located inside the aquarium.
- Inline pumps stand outside the aquarium.
- There are pumps that inject air into the aquarium alongside those that draw in water that passes through the filter.
- Aquarium water cleaners are also pumping that pump water out of the aquarium to replace it with other water.
- There are electric pumps alongside manual pumps.
- The electric ones mostly work on water filtration and water replacement while the manual ones are used for pumping out water and injecting air for water circulation.
- It is important to study what type of pump you need in order to properly clean your aquarium.
Buyers Guide for Aquarium Water Cleaner
- How to choose the right pump for cleaning the aquarium and the water inside it? Making such a decision can be confusing and sometimes stressful.
- It is always important to emphasize that basic knowledge is essential, crucial.
- There are water vacuums that clean the water and dirt.
- There are two such types, siphon and electric.
- Siphon gravel vacuum is the most popular type of pump.
- It is relatively cheap and is offered in various sizes.
- This type of aquarium pump is best to use during a water change in the aquarium.
- The electric pump draws water through the vacuum along with dirt, debris, and waste that remain trapped in the filter.
- They are much more expensive, but they are simpler because they still do the work themselves.
- When buying pumps, you need to adjust them to the size of your aquarium because larger pumps will drain water from a smaller aquarium too quickly.
How to use Aquarium Water Cleaner?
- You should know how to properly use a vacuum cleaner.
- You will need something to drain your water into.
- we don’t have to drain the entire tank and you don’t have to be scared about fishes being caught in because it works slowly.
- You have to submerge the tube under the water in the aquarium so it fills with water.
- After you fill the tube, raise it out of the water and let the water start flowing through the hose into the bucket.
- When the water is halfway drained into the tube, you can push the siphon at the bottom.
- You can clean one-third of the tank this way.
- And you’re done! Cover the opening with your hand and pull it out of the water.
- The vacuum will not let the water go out of the siphon while you hold your hand beneath it.
- Flip the tube upwards and let the rest of the water drain.
- Now, you are free to add new water into the tank alongside the de-chlorinator.
- Also, the temperature of new water should be roughly the same as the one drained before.
List of Top 11 Best Aquarium Water Cleaners in India-Buyers Guide
1. Olymstore Aquarium Fish Tank Siphon Vacuum Water Pump Gravel Cleaner
This siphon gravel vacuum cleaner is a cheap option. It does the job very well. With its 3.9/5 rating on Amazon, it’s good for those who are new to this.
- Does the job
- Quality hose
- Might be huge for a fishbowl
- In bigger aquariums, you might get your hand wet
2. 1.5 Metre Siphon Pipe for Aquarium – Gravel Cleaner Aquarium Water Changer Pump
With a 3,5/5 rating, it is a very basic and essential item for any fish keeper.
- Simple to use
- You can clean stone
- Doesn’t work with larger tanks
- You will get your hands wet in larger tanks
3. COLOURFUL – Aquarium Gravel Cleaning Syphon Fish Tank Water Siphon Pump Water Changer Tool
With a 3,8/5 rating, it is an essential item for any aquarium. It is suitable for those who are looking for a cheaper product.
- Simple to use for
- Works only with medium-sized tanks and smaller ones
- Doesn’t clean sand
- Thin plastic
4. Futurekart Aquarium Fish Tank Siphon Vacuum Water Pump Gravel Cleaner (White)
With a 3,9/5 rating it has suction power as expected, easy to use, and value for money.
- Simple to use
- Great for cleaning dirt
- Bad plastic
- Not great suction power
5. Despactio Aquarium Fish Tank Cleaner Vacuum Cleaner Water Changer Pump and Aquarium Magnetic Glass Cleaner, Algae Scrubber Cleaning Brush Tool(2pcs)
With a 3,8/5 rating, it is the first electrical vacuum on the list. It has good absorbability and magnetic attraction. It also works with both freshwater and saltwater.
- Electrical vacuum
- Not expensive
- Suction power is excellent
- The plastic used for pipes lacks quality
6. Foodie Puppies Aquarium Combo Siphon Pump Water Gravel Aquarium Cleaner and Magnetic Glass Cleaner
With a 4/5 rating, this electrical vacuum is used for effective water changing with minimum effort
- Ideal for beginners with medium-sized aquariums
- Space efficient
- Can’t clean sand
- Pipes are made out of thin plastic
7. Aquosis Crystal Aquarium Vacuum Cleaner+ Rs Electrical Aquarium Magnetic Glass Cleaner (Rs-06)
With a 3,7/5 rating, this electrical vacuum cleaner is featured by durability. It is easy to use and operate with.
- Space efficient
- Good quality gravel cleaner
- Magnets are weak
- Some may face issues with this product
8. Askadeal Aquarium Fish Tank Siphon Vacuum Water Pump Gravel Cleaner
With a 4/5 rating, this siphon gravel vacuum has the best rating on this list with over 50% 5-star ratings.
- Extremely easy to use
- Does the job well
- Leakage is possible
- Not suitable for sand
9. SRI Aquarium Siphon Vacuum Water Pump Gravel Cleaner (White and Blue), White and Blue, 500 g
With a 3,8/5 rating, this siphon gravel vacuum is suitable for any tank. It is durable and lightweight.
- easy to use
- Can also be used for draining petrol out of vehicle tank
- Holes might begin to form in the hose
- Very thin plastic
- Not suitable for sand
10. Ok Syphon Pump | Aquarium Gravel Cleaner Remover Debris from Bottom of The Tank
With a 4,1/5 rating, this siphon gravel vacuum is also amazon’s choice.
- Amazon’s choice
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t clean sand.
- Made out of flimsy plastic
11. Maa Aquarium Fish Tank Water Gravel Cleaning Syphon Pump
With a 3,4/5 rating, this siphon gravel vacuum is great for any level aquarist. It is easy to use and it’s efficient and durable.
- Bad quality plastic
Cleaning your aquarium can be stressful and long-lasting. It is recommended to use the proper tools when cleaning your aquarium and to change your water regularly. If you can, go for an electrical water cleaner. In the list above there are products that you will find useful while cleaning your aquarium.
How do I make my aquarium water crystal clear?
You should properly clean the aquarium bottom and glass. Also, make sure that you are changing the water regularly.
What is the price range of the aquarium water cleaner?
You can get efficient and durable aquarium water cleaners at the price of 150INR. For better quality, you can go up with a price.