An aquarium makes it possible for you to keep fish or aquatic plants in your home. The Aquarium price depends on its design & size. You can also have a mini aquarium on your office desk. You would subsequently be in a position to keep fish or aquatic plants there. The fish or aquatic plants kept in an aquarium are decorative.
The home or office in which they are kept becomes more beautiful and elegant on their account. They also introduce a natural aura. And they make your home or office look more sophisticated. At another level, there are those who believe that certain fish (like goldfish) can enhance good luck. If you belong to that school of thought, you can get ‘good luck’ by keeping such fish in your aquarium.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Aquarium Water Cleaners, Fish Bowl, Aquarium Stand, Fishing Rod, Aquarium Accessories, Pebbles, Submersible Pumps, Drools Dog Foods, Pedigree Dog food, Dog Biscuits, Dog Treats, Body belts for dogs, Dog belts, Dog houses, and Dog Beds in India.
Top 9 Best Aquariums in India
Features of an Aquarium
- Most of the decorative aquariums are made from transparent materials.
- This makes it possible for people to see the fish inside as they swim about.
- Most aquariums also come with pumping systems in them.
- These pumps make it possible to introduce air (from the atmosphere) into aquariums.
- The fish or aquatic plants inside the aquarium can then breathe that air.
- Another important feature in modern aquariums is lighting.
- The best practice nowadays is to have LED lighting.
- Subsequently, people can admire the fish or aquatic plants in your aquarium even at night.
- Yet another key feature in aquariums is the water filter.
- This serves the obvious water filtration purpose.
- Filtered water offers better support to the fish or aquatic plants in the aquarium.
Types of Aquariums
- On the one hand, there are normal size aquariums.
- Then there are mini aquariums.
- The difference here is in terms of size (and water capacity).
- Mini aquariums typically cost less.
- They also don’t require a lot of effort to maintain and are good for starters.
- Aquariums also differ in terms of what they are made from.
- Some aquariums are made using glass.
- Others are made using materials like acrylic.
- Yet another way in which aquariums differ is in terms of their lighting systems.
- This is where we find some aquariums with LED lighting.
- Then there are others with the normal/traditional types of lighting.
- Some aquariums have partitions.
- They, therefore, have two or more compartments.
- On the other hand, we have those that are non-partitioned.
Buyer’s guide for Aquarium
- Usually, the most important thing in an aquarium is elegance.
- So you have to ensure that the aquarium you buy is one that has a nice design.
- It should be something that truly enhances the beauty of the room/office it is placed in.
- You also have to look at the aquarium’s assembly.
- This will tell you whether it is likely to be durable or not.
- Further, it is important to ensure that the aquarium you buy comes with a good pumping and filtering system.
- Otherwise, you could find yourself having to purchase those components separately, at a higher price.
- Another thing to consider is the aquarium’s lighting system.
- A LED-lit aquarium will tend to be better.
- That is because LED provides good quality lighting and is energy efficient.
- Also consider how easy it will be to maintain the aquarium, after buying it.
- Here, you will need to look at things like how easy it is to clean the aquarium.
- That is also where you consider how easy it can be to replace/repair the aquarium’s components, in case they malfunction.
- Of course, you also have to think about the aquarium price.
- You may first need to research, to know what the average aquarium price ranges are like.
- This way, you avoid being fleeced by way of paying an unjustifiably high aquarium price.
List of Top 9 Best Aquarium Models to Buy Online-Buyers Guide
1. JAINSONS PET PRODUCTS 9 L Fish Aquarium Combo Tank (Colour May Vary)
This is a nice, 9-liter capacity Jainson aquarium. It is elegant and very easy to start using. The aquarium price ranges between 2000 to 2500 rupees
- Energy efficient (for pumping and LED lighting system)
- Sturdy design for durability
- Very affordable
- Some may find its size to be too modest
- Cleaning requires some effort
2. JAINSONS PET PRODUCTS Fish Tank Mini Aquarium Combo (Colour May Vary, 9 L)
This is one of the most fairly-priced mini aquariums. It has a glass body: hence it is transparent and elegant. This Jainsons aquarium price ranges between 2200 to 2800 rupees
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Comes with a good background design
- Comes with LED lighting as well
- First time set up requires some effort
- Can only accommodate a few fish/aquatic plants due to size limitations
3. Parko Home Decoration Turtle Aquarium Tank Beautiful Fashion. Clear Glass Mini Fish Tank Aqua Habitat Aquarium Tank Only (Colour May Vary) (6x6x9 Inches) 5L
Here is one of the clearest mini aquariums on the market. It is rectangular and with a modest 5-liter capacity
- Comes with a submersible light
- The glass body is reasonably thick
- Very easy to clean
- Only suitable for very small fish
- Quite delicate (has to be handled with great care)
4. Parko Home Decoration Turtle Aquarium Tank Beautiful Fashion Clear Glass. Mini Fish Tank Aqua Habitat Aquarium Tank Only (Colour May Vary) (9x9x12 Inches) 15L
This is a decent-sized 15-liter capacity aquarium. Its glass body is also quite remarkably clear.
- Truly elegant design
- Excellent lighting
- Lightweight (hence easy to move about)
- Set up requires some skill and patience
- Can be somewhat fragile (being glass-bodied)
5. Despacito Aquarium Fish Tank Combo with Led Lighting and Filter Pump. Aquarium Starter Kits Perfect for Small Fishes (Size: 40x24x41cm) (32 Litre)
Here is one of those bigger (32-liter capacity) aquariums. Its solid assembly means that it is likely to be quite durable.
- Comes with a dazzling 3-color LED lighting display
- Most components can be easily removed
- Comes with a well-designed filter system
- Relatively high upfront expenditure
- Requires 32 liters of water to fill up
6. Mini Betta / Fighter Fish Tank with 2 compartments ( Artificial Plants Included ) Colors May Vary – Central Fish Aquarium .Size: 20x10x15cm
This is one of those acrylic-material-based aquariums (which are therefore not too fragile). It is also partitioned to create two compartments. The Mini aquarium price ranges between 220 to 300 rupees
- Easy to handle (being acrylic rather than glass-based)
- Remarkable transparency
- Relative low weight
- Size is somewhat modest
- Partition is a bit too flexible
7. DreamAuro Mini Fresh Water Betta Fish Double Tank Aquarium (20x10x15cm)
This is the sort of mini aquarium that can fit onto almost any table/desk. The fish in it is viewable from all angles. This double mini aquarium price ranges between 250 to 400 rupees
- Beautifully designed
- Easy to start using
- Sturdy and not too delicate
- Cleaning may require some effort
- The top lid is somewhat basic
8. FlikFinz Glass Moulded Fish Aquarium Tank for Home or Office with LED Lights & Top Filter Included. (20 Litre, White)
Versatile and capable of being used both at home and in the office. It has a decent 20-liter capacity.
- Relatively low weight
- Quite nicely priced
- Easy to clean/maintain
- The lighting system is somewhat unremarkable
- Packaging can be tricky to undo
9. RS Electricals Glass Aquarium Rs-380A, 4800 Gram
This is one of those few aquariums that are designed with office use in mind. It is lightweight and easy to unpack and start using.
- Very modest price
- Comes with a filter and pump
- Can fit on almost any desktop
- Accommodates just a few fish
- Design is very functional (with apparently few aesthetic considerations)
An aquarium is one of those accessories that can instantly improve the appearance of your home or office. Aquarium prices have been falling, and the information in this guide can help you get a low-cost yet decent aquarium.
Which aquarium is best for home?
The best aquarium for a home is one that is elegant. It also needs to be easy to operate. And it should have a decent lighting and filtration system.
What is the price range for an aquarium in India?
There are basic mini aquariums going for as little as 3,000 Indian rupees. Then there are bigger, more complex aquariums going for as much as 10,000 Indian rupees and even more.