Nowadays, the food industry is growing massively. More than ever. The food industry grew by a whopping 226% between 1986 and 2016 in the US only. Before so much kitchen development, there were only a few ingredients and machines that we could use in preparing meals. Today we use spices and ways to prepare dishes from all around the world. Everything is available to us to make our dish simply perfect. We shouldn’t ever forget how much we get dirty in the kitchen while either cooking lunch or baking cakes for our kids or even grandchildren. That is why we use an apron, and, today modern, apron dress.
Best Apron Dress in India-Buyers Guide
Features of an Apron Dress
- We use Apron the most in cooking, but we are not limited here either.
- The main purpose of the apron is to protect you from spilling all kinds of liquids all over yourself – be it water, oil, grease, etc.
- You certainly don’t want to leave greasy stains on your favourite t-shirt.
- Aprons are also very good and useful when you need to wipe your hands.
- I guess you won’t go wash your hands every time you touch something.
- It protects you from all sorts of dirt, germs, and whatever might be found in the air around you.
- That’s why it is a great “line of defence”.
- It’s worth mentioning that if you wear it you look more professional and better in the eyes of the beholder.
Types of Aprons
- The best part of today’s aprons is that they evolve simultaneously with fashion.
- As fashion evolves, so do aprons adapt to today to keep up with fashion.
- Some of the types of aprons are bib, waist, pinafore, tabard, and bungalow apron.
- Throughout history, It have changed according to their functions.
- Even Egyptian pharaohs and priests wore it to highlight their status.
- Native Americans, for example, wore aprons as part of their culture.
- Let us not forget the doctoral aprons, which are an important part of our history.
- Today there are also denim, leather-look, PVC, and cross-back aprons.
- We can also mention today’s popular tuxedos and disposable aprons.
Buyers Guide for Aprons
- Bib aprons or full aprons has been used for centuries.
- They are known as those worn by French chefs.
- These cover the body from head to toe, not literally, but close – full length of the body usually to our knees.
- They slip over the neck and tie at the waist.
- The waist apron is most recognizable as a “maid apron”: They tie at the waist and extend to the mid-thigh.
- They are extremely popular in today’s modern restaurants and cafes.
- Pinafore aprons were worn by children in the past.
- Today they also have modern versions.
- Tabard apron covers both the front and back of the body.
- It is popular among bakers and nurses.
- They tie from the sides.
- The bungalow apron was designed to look like a dress apron.
- It is appropriate to wear at home only.
How to use an Apron Dress?
- How do you wear an apron in the food service or maybe the food industry? You don’t want people to laugh at you if you wear it incorrectly.
- Well, it is fairly easy to put them on and tie them up.
- You want to put the apron’s front surface on the front of your body.
- If you find it uncomfy, try to adjust it.
- Take ties around your waist and tie a bow around your waist.
- In case the laces are long you can bring them in front to tie the bow.
- Once you have tied the laces, pull on the knot and apron to make it fit you properly and to make you feel comfortable.
List of Top 10 Best Apron Dresses in India-Buyers Guide
1. Waterproof Cotton Kitchen Apron
This apron is a best seller on Amazon. It has a light and modern design and is offered in various patterns.
- Made to be waterproof.
- Comfortable to wear.
- No stains can be made.
- Ties are low quality.
- The neckband is low quality.
2. Home Checks Apron (Red)
This apron is a great choice for kitchen use. Not only it looks nice, but it is comfortable.
- It is very comfortable.
- Also very easy to wear.
- It is highly durable.
- Made out of low-quality cotton.
- It is quite small.
3. COMFORT WEAVE Kitchen Apron
This apron is awarded “Amazon’s Choice”: It is offered multicolour and is extremely easy to maintain.
- Made of good quality fabric.
- It is extremely easy to maintain.
- It does not shrink after washing.
- Material is quite coarse.
- Made of thick fabric.
4. Airwill Cotton Kitchen Aprons
This unisex kitchen aprons is made out of high-quality cotton and it’s designed in a way appealing to our eyes.
- It is thick enough to provide protection
- Made out of good material.
- The length is pretty decent.
- The neckband is bad.
- Material is not waterproof.
5. GLUN Kitchen Checkered Aprons
This red checkered aprons a must-have in a kitchen. It is waterproof and easily adjustable.
- It is waterproof due to its plastic outer layer.
- Equipped with large pockets.
- Great quality cotton.
- The fabric is not smooth.
- An apron is quite small.
6. Pixel Home Premium Cotton Apron (Grey)
This black and white elegant aprons is ideal for any purpose.
- It is very comfortable to wear.
- It has a very elegant pattern.
- Has a soft texture to it.
- Gloves are thin which can be dangerous.
- Stitching is not done properly.
7. WINNER Kitchen Aprons
This aprons comes with a waterproof backside. It also has a nice natural touch to it.
- It is made out of excellent waterproof fabric.
- Out of high-quality cotton.
- It has a beautiful visual design.
- Equipped with low-quality straps.
- It has thinner ribbons.
8. Leeonz Cooking Apron
These aprons are awarded “Amazon’s Choice”. It is water and oil-resistant with an adjustable neck strap.
- Its surface is water and oil-resistant.
- Has a very wide pocket.
- Comes with a towel to dry your hands.
- Its thread joints are low in quality.
- Made of very thin material.
9. Amazon Brand – Solimo Adjustable Kitchen Apron (Green)
This apron is great for home application. It has a passive colour design giving it a fresh look.
- It’s very comfortable to wear.
- Not grumpy which is important for the skin.
- Made of good quality material.
- It has no plastic coating.
10. Switchon Polka Apron (Green)
The aprons excels for its stylish design. Great for gifting your friends.
- It’s fairly easy to wash and dry.
- It does not shrink.
- It has an elegant cover from stains.
- It is quite short
- It’s not waterproof entirely.
Aprons are becoming more and more a part of our fashion. As the catering is modernized, so is the way of dressing in it. There are really many types of aprons, and we’ve listed a few types before. When choosing an apron, it all comes down to personal taste and needs.
Which is the best apron?
The best aprons are a matter of individual taste and needs.
What is the price of an apron?
The price for a kitchen aprons goes from 36RS to 450RS per piece.