Weights are becoming more and more popular among people. And there is a good reason for this. Not only do they allow for people who work out to add in some endurance training, but anyone can use them. They allow for someone who has no time to exercise to get endurance training while they go about their day-to-day tasks.
That and many other great benefits just make them the perfect exercise tool for many. Especially for those that have busy lifestyles and have little or no time to dedicate to working out and exercising. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Suspender Belts, skipping ropes, Gym Belt, Gym Bag for Men, gym gloves, Exercise Balls, Suspender Belts for Exercise, Knee Belts, Sweat Slim Belts, Wrist Splint, Duffle bags, knee braces for knee cap support, face masks, Treadmills, Manual Treadmills, punching bags, Bike Gloves, Yoga Mats, Ab rollers, Back Massagers, Body massagers, Neck & shoulder Massagers, Exercise cycles, Boxing Gloves, Hand Gloves, Shaker Bottles, Protein bottles, in India.
Top 10 Best Ankle Weights in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Ankle Weights
- The most important feature of any ankle strap is its weight. Whether 0.5kg, 2kg, 4kg, or even 5kgs, all straps have weight packs.
- Some, however, will allow you to adjust the weight to your needs and level of endurance.
- Others, meanwhile, do not allow for you to adjust them and have a fixed weight that you need to keep to whether it’s your level or not.
- Another important feature is the strap like the design they all have. As wearing these weights needed to also be comfortable for the wearer, many companies use a strap to put the weights into.
- It allows for the wearer to be comfortable, places it on easily, and most important, distributes the weight evenly around the ankle.
Types of Ankle Weights
There are many types out there with different brands and companies making them.
- The two main types, however, are adjustable and non-adjustable weights.
- The difference is really simple. Adjustable weights allow you to adjust the weight of the strap, whether by adding or reducing the weight.
- Non-adjustable weights on the other hand have a fixed weight and cannot be reduced or added to.
Buyer’s Guide for Ankle Weights
- Whenever you’re buying an ankle strap or weight, you’ve first got to determine your level.
- If you’ve never done this before, it’s best to start with a 0.5 to 1kg weight on each ankle. And if you plan to do this for the long term, wanting to add more weight as you go, getting an adjustable weight is the most recommended route for you.
- If you’re looking for a tool to help with your endurance training, adjustable weights are also the best recommendation for you.
- Of course, if you plan to just use the weights while you’re doing day-to-day tasks and activities, buying a non-adjustable weight may be the route for you.
How to Use Ankle Weights?
- To use an ankle strap or weigh, you first have to decide on the weight you want to add to the strap.
- It’s best to start with the lightest weight, normally 0.5kg, and work your way up.
- After you’ve decided on the weight and have adjusted the weight, if your strap allows this, you can strap them on.
- It’s best to strap them onto your ankles, whether over your socks or not is up to you.
- You can also strap them onto your wrists, however, this is a move for people who want to improve their arm muscles.
List to Top 10 Best Ankle Weights in India-Buyers Guide
1. SPORTNEER Wrist Straps
These adjustable wrist strips come in a pack of two. It’s made from neoprene and weighs 3.5kg.
- You can remove and adjust the weights to your needs
- Can be use as ankle or wrist straps
- Comfortable to wear
- The strips look the same and you won’t be able to distinguish left from right
- Only has one strap
2. LIFELONG Ankle Straps
These straps are adjustable and weigh 2kgs in total. You get two cast iron-filled straps, one for each ankle.
- Has a six-month warranty
- Has four weight variants
- Don’t shift or slide when you’re doing your workouts or exercises
- Uses cast iron filings
- The straps can sometimes be too short
3. COSCO Ankle Straps
This adjustable strap comes in a pair and has a total weight of 1kg. It uses iron sand and lycra to make the product.
- Comes in different colors
- Is comfortable to wear
- Has some durability to it
- The product is great for beginners who want to add some endurance to their workouts or walking
- May bounce against your leg slightly when running or jogging
4. NEULIFE Wrist / Ankle Straps
These 2kg straps come in a pair. They use polyester and come in black color.
- Uses high-quality materials
- Great to use on your ankles or wrists
- Best for workouts and people who want to tone their bodies
- The material used for the weights is not stated
- Is more for intermediate and advanced workouts as they are heavier
5. KOBO Pro Wrist / Ankle Straps
These 1.5kg straps come in a set of two. They’re made from spandex and use iron sand to fill the weights.
- Adjustable straps for both wrists and ankles
- Easy to use
- Great for toning exercises and running
- Is a bit expensive
- It has a metal buckle which may hurt you
6. XTRIM Weighed Straps
These straps are 2kgs each. They come with aqua trim and use neoprene.
- Can use as ankle or wrist straps
- Is comfortable to wear
- Is not meant for beginners
- Might not be the best product to use in humid conditions
7. STRAUSS Cuff Weights
These weights come in a pair with each strap weighing 0.5kgs. They’re made from neoprene and come in different colors.
- Great for both men and women
- Versatile and fully adjustable
- Can wear them even just for day-to-day activities and tasks
- The strap size may be too small
- Is a bit expensive
8. BODYLASTICS Ankle / Wrist Straps
This pair of straps each weighs 1kg. They’re made from neoprene and come in pink color.
- Comfortable to wear and ergonomic
- The straps are adjustable to fit all wrist and ankle sizes
- Is sturdy
- The cost is a bit high
- Made mainly for beginners in mind
9. AURION Weighted Straps
This set of two straps weighs 1kg. It’s made from polyester and has a black color to it.
- Used as ankle or wrist straps
- Uses high-quality materials to make it
- Great for working out
- Made mainly for beginners
- I May have some small adjustment problems with the straps
10. DE JURE FITNESS Weights
This set of two weights comes with a weight of 2kgs each. They’re made from polyester and have grey in color.
- Used for both wrists and ankles
- Is durable and comfortable to wear
- Is for both men and women
- Weights are not adjustable
- The straps are sometimes a bit too bulky
Overall, these weights have so many benefits to a person’s health. They allow anyone, no matter the lifestyle, to do endurance training even if they’re just doing day-to-day tasks and activities. Anyone from a housewife to a full-time worker to a student to a bodybuilder or dancer can use them.
1 – Is it good to wear weights on your ankles?
Yes. Not only can you get exercise just from wearing a 1kg pair every day, but there are many other health benefits. They also build up your leg muscles and can help in toning your body. They’ll help in making walking easier and allow you to walk for longer without getting tried faster.
2- What ankle weights are good for?
They are great for anyone wanting to add endurance to their workouts and exercises. You can even just wear them while doing day-to-day tasks as their health make you healthier. They build muscles and help your body gain endurance.
3- Does wearing ankle weights make a difference?
If you wear them for a while it does. Many have themselves been able to do more physical tasks for longer and sometimes even quicker. They also find themselves getting less tired from doing these tasks compared to before they started wearing the weights.