Amla powder is made by drying the fruit and then grounding it into a powdered form. It has been used for centuries as an ayurvedic medicine to treat and prevent different types of illnesses and improve overall health.
Amla fruit is an organic herbal product that is famous for its nature and properties that bring many health benefits. Amla is widely used as a home remedy due to its rich content of vitamin C, iron, calcium, phosphorus, and tannins. Also, check the buyer’s guide to buying the best Amla Juice, Giloy Juice, Triphala Churna, Tulsi Drops, Aloe Vera Juice, Mishri, Ginger Powder, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Walnut, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, Black Raisins, Cardamom, Khus Khus, Black Pepper Powder, White Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Cardamom Powders, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, ginger powder, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, Cumin powder, and Long Peppercorns
It helps with anti-ageing, and detoxifying boosts immunity boosts metabolism and maintains healthy hair, and skin. Amla is an extraordinary type of fruit that is full of antioxidants and nutrients that assist in reducing cell damage and prevents being vulnerable to widespread diseases.
Top 12 Best Amla Powders in India
Buyers Guide – Amla Powder
Without a doubt, Amla powder is a very helpful herbal product that has countless health benefits, however, some factors need consideration as the consequences can be disturbing if overconsumed.
Individuals that are facing hyperacidity, loose motion, ulcers, hypotension, and hypoglycemia should avoid taking Amla powder.
- It is suggested to store it in a dry and cool place and far from the reach of children and pets.
- The pack should be kept intact at all times so that the effects and essence of the product are maintained.
- It can lead to abdomen discomfort, unwanted weight loss, and hyperacidity.
- Additionally, some precautions need to be taken before and after its consumption.
- Those who are allergic to Amla should right away avoid Amla and the products made of it.
- It can have an adverse effect or even worsen the patient’s condition.
- Additionally, although Amla is an antidote for diabetes, patients who consume anti-diabetic medicines or supplements for vitamin C
- We should avoid consuming Amla powder as it may lead to vitamin C toxicity and hypoglycemia.
- It can be consumed as a juice by mixing it with water, as well as paste to apply to the skin and hair.
Features of Amla Powder
- Amla powder is used as a herbal product due to its rich content of vitamin C and has properties that are anti-ageing, anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory, and anti-diabetic.
- It helps in maintaining and improving the liver, heart, skin, hair, and eyesight.
- Amla churan’s properties also help with detoxing the body, improving the digestive system, immunity, and urinary system, as well as preventing the respiratory system from viruses and diseases.
- It is useful for treating digestive system issues such as acidy, indigestion, fatty liver, ulcer, jaundice, and irritable bowel movement.
- It also helps against acne, wrinkles, dark circles, blemishes, and hair loss.
- Also, it helps to treat headaches, migraines, fatigue, and vertigo.
- This is also beneficial for patients with diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure levels.
Types of Amla Powders
There is a wide range of Amla powder available in the market. The powder is made from dried Amla fruit, grinding it into powder. Below are the common types of Amla fruit used for making the powdered form.
- The Banarasi Amla is not very famous for juices or jams as it matures earlier and has a short shelf life.
- It is used more often for making powder form and pickles.
- The Chakaiya Amla is widely used for making amla products such as juices, jams, pickles
- And powder has a high yield and can be grown in different climates.
- The Himalayan Amla is a small-sized fruit that is only produced in the cold Himalayan region.
- It has a low yield and therefore it is only used for making pickles and juice.
How to Use Amla Powder?
Amla powder can be consumed in different ways depending on the purpose of using it. For using it as a supplement, you can either add half or one teaspoon of the powder to a juice of your choice or a simple glass of water.
- Amla powder with rose water and apply it to the skin.
- For a natural glow, mix honey and yogurt with amla churan.
- The most suitable time to consume it would be early in the morning before breakfast.
- You can also sprinkle a pinch of Amla powder on fruits like bananas and apples.
- For using It on the skin, you can mix it with honey, papaya, yogurt, or rose water.
- For treating breakouts and moisturizing the skin apply it with honey.
- Apply it to the skin.
- For brightening the skin, mix it with honey and papaya.
- And for toning the skin, you can mix
If you are applying Amla powder to the hair, you can mix it with henna, coconut oil, or eggs and massage the scalp with the mixture.
List of Top 12 Best Amla Powders in India Buyers Guide
1. Indus Valley 100% Organic Indian Gooseberry Powder 100 Gm
This product is free from added chemicals and preservatives. It is ideal for strengthening the hair. Improves the digestive system, and boosts immunity.
- This Amla powder product by Indus Valley is made of 100% organic Amla fruits.
- Suitable for internal and external use
- 100% organic Amla fruit
- The powder becomes lumpy if not mixed well
2. Khadi Amla Powder (organic) 100 gms
This 100g pack of organic Amla powder is a product by Khadi. This powder is a very helpful hair tonic that helps in strengthening the follicles resulting in strong and shiny hair and preventing hair loss.
- Safe on the hair and scalp
- 100% organic Amla
- Bitter taste (requires honey or lime for neutralizing the taste)
3. Luxura Sciences Amla Powder For Hair Growth 200 Grams
This 200g pack of certified natural Amla powder is a product by Luxura. It is ideal for treating the hair and scalp. It assists in delaying the growth of grey hair and reduces skin blemishes.
- This Amla powder product is specifically produced as an alternative for hair shampoos & conditioners.
- Certified natural alternative for shampoos and conditioners
- 100% Natural and Pure
- Not suitable for drinking
4. Natural Health and Herbal Products Amla Powder 227 g
This Amla powder product is available for purchase as a single pack and as a pack of 2. The product is suitable for treating hair problems such as dandruff, dryness, hair fall, and itchy and flaky scalp.
- Prevents hair loss, dandruff, and itchiness
- Not suitable for eating or drinking
5. Herbal Hills Amlaki Powder Indian Gooseberry for Hair – 100g
This Herbal Hills Amla powder is made from special Himalayan Amla that is available for purchase in a pack of 2. The product is great for preventing and treating hair, skin, digestive, and respiratory problems.
- Treats and prevents hair and scalp problems
- It helps strengthen the hair and scalp and also boosts immunity.
- Boosts immunity, metabolism, and digestive system
- Bitter and sour taste
6. Jain Phyllanthus Emblica Indian Gooseberry Powder – 500g
This certified Amla powder is a product by Jain that is a herbal supplement. It is ideal for internal organs care and treatment as well as an external application on the skin and hair for beauty and care.
- Edible and suitable for external application
- Sour and bitter taste
7. Forest Herbs 100% Natural Amla Powder For Hair Growth 100 Grams
This 100% Amla powder is a product offered by Forest Herbs specially produced for hair treatment. It assists in preventing dandruff, hair loss, and hair greying.
- This is a great supplement and substitute for shampoos & conditioners.
- Prevents hair loss, dandruff and hair greying
- Not an edible Amla product
8. Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Amla Powder, 150g:
This hair care product by Khadi is made of 100% natural Amla. It is an ideal hair care product that treats and prevents hair problems like dandruff, flaky scalp, grey hair, and hair loss.
- Prevents and treats hair loss, dandruff and hair greying
- Certified hair care product
- Not ideal for drinking or eating
9. Etheric Herbal Indian gooseberry Powder For Hair
This herbal Amla powder is a product by Etheric. It is made of 100% natural Amla fruit that is packed with vitamin C and iron. The powder assists in increasing and rebuilding red blood cells.
- Suitable for eating, drinking, and applying on skin and hair
- Powder starts to get lumpy once the packaging is opened
10. Merlion Naturals Organic Amla Powder 227gm
This certified organic Amla powder is a product by Melion Naturals. It is 100% organic, vegan, and free from preservatives. Also, it is suitable as an edible supplement for building immunity, boosting the digestive system, and preventing respiratory issues.
- This is a beneficial supplement for hair and skin treatment.
- Certified beauty and hair care product
- Suitable as an edible supplement
- Unpleasant taste
11. Organix Mantra Pure Amla Churan For Hair Growth 200 Grams
This product by Organix Mantra is 100% natural and GMO-free. It improves hair growth and prevents dandruff, and hair loss. Also, it helps prevent wrinkles, acne, and dark spots.
- This is a great supplement for the treatment and prevention of hair and skin problems.
- 100% organic and GMO-free
- Ideal for hair and skin treatment
- Not suitable as an edible supplement
12. HA&F 29 Organic Amla Gooseberry Powder 250 grams
This product by HA&F 29 is a 100% organic Amla powder. It is ideal for hair treatments. The powder can be applied like a mask as well as a conditioner for strengthening the hair and scalp.
- This is a great supplement for hair treatment and prevention against hair loss, dandruff & head lice.
- Also, this is 100% organic
- Not suitable for drinking or eating
Amla fruit is an organic herbal product that is famous for its nature and properties that bring many health benefits. Amla powder is made by drying the fruit and then grounding it into a powdered form. It helps in maintaining and improving the liver, heart, skin, hair, and eyesight.
What is the benefit of Amla powder?
The powder comes with a wide range of great health benefits. It is used to treat and prevent health issues in the digestive system, hair, skin, nervous system, mental health, cardiovascular system, urinary tract, and eyesight.
How to use Amla powder for hair growth?
The most effective way of using Amla powder for hair growth is to massage the scalp with coconut oil. You can also add an egg to the mixture for better results.
What happens if you eat Amla daily?
You can eat Amla daily as it is very good for your overall health. It contains vitamin C, iron, calcium, and other beneficial nutrients that assist in a better and healthy lifestyle.
Can Amla regrow lost hair?
Amla can help strengthen the hair follicles which results in stimulating a healthy new growth for hair.
Is Amla bad for the liver?
The properties and packed nutrients in Amla make it a great supplement for detoxing the liver.