Amco is one of the very highly trusted brands in the local batteries market. The Amco battery is especially popular in the two-wheeler batteries niche. Thus in many two-wheelers, the original batteries they come with are from this brand. This is also the leading brand for the replacement of two-wheeler batteries. But there is also an Amco battery for bigger (four-wheel) vehicles, including commercial ones.
Besides vehicle batteries, Amco also makes inverter batteries. These are of high capacity, usually serving as power backup. In the same backup niche, there are also UPS batteries under this brand. Those include the UPSs that people use with computers, and those for general use in homes and offices. Thus under this brand, there are pretty much all major varieties of batteries. These tend to be batteries that work in a stable manner, even with huge temperature variations. Their prices are for the most part reasonable, and they tend to be sturdy and therefore long-lasting.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Livfast Batteries, Livguard batteries, Exide Batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, Exide car batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Solar inverters, Car Inverters, Amaron Bike Batteries, inverter batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 8 Best Amco Batteries in India
Features of Amco Battery
- While shopping for an Amco battery, the most important feature to check is the battery’s capacity. The units for this are amp-hours. This is really what tells you whether it is fit for the role you intend to deploy it for.
- Another vital feature to look at is the voltage. This is a measure of the potential difference. It also tells us whether the battery is good enough for the purpose you wish to deploy it.
- Along with voltage, a related key feature is an amperage. This is a measure of the current flow that the battery provides. Through it, you get to know whether it can yield enough current for the intended purpose.
- Yet another key feature to pay lots of attention to is the physical size of the Amco battery. This tells you whether it fits where you wish to deploy it. For instance, suppose it is for a two-wheeler. Then its size should align with that of the two-wheeler’s battery slot.
Types of Amco Battery
- There are Amco 2-wheeler batteries. Then there are those for 4-wheel vehicles. We also have those for inverters and those for UPSs.
- Those for two-wheelers tend to have lower capacities – like in the 5Ah to 9 Ah range.
- Those for two-wheel vehicles are bigger, like in the 80 Ah range for commercial vehicles. And those for inverters and UPS tend to be the biggest: like in the 150 Ah and above range.
- There are Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) Amco batteries. Then we have tubular Amco batteries.
- The VRLA ones are to be found mostly in two-wheelers. They are light in weight and require no acid or water top-ups.
- The tubular ones are to be found mostly in inverters and UPS. They are usually very heavy and tend to require acid and water top-ups.
Buying Guide for Amco Battery
- The Amco battery you buy should be fully compatible with whatever you wish to use it on. To that end, first, check its capacity (so it should give enough power for what you deploy it on). Also, check its size: it should fit well into what you deploy it on. For instance, if it is for use on a two-wheeler, it should fit into the space provided for the battery.
- There may be imitations of Amco batteries in some markets. Therefore be sure that what you buy is a genuine Amco battery. Ensure that the branding is proper, and not a similar-sounding imitation. To this end, it may be a good idea to also look at the warranty closely.
- As for the Amco battery price, note that it may vary from retailer to retailer. Thus it may be good for you to compare what the various retailers charge, in terms of Amco battery price. Then settle for the best deal.
How To Use Amco Battery?
- You may use an Amco battery in your two-wheelers (bikes), in four-wheel vehicles, in inverters, and in UPSs. For each type of device, there is the right type of battery.
- Usually, on the Amco battery, there is a positive node and a negative node. The device to which you wish to connect the battery also has a positive and negative connecting wire. So what you do is pick the positive connecting wire from the device. Attach it to the positive node on the battery. Then do the same for the negative node.
- What you need to do to maintain the battery depends on its type. For instance, if it is a VRLA battery on a two-wheeler, you may just need to be wiping it. So you wipe its body and its terminals. On the other hand, if it is a tubular Amco battery, care may entail topping the water and acid.
List of Top 8 Best Amco Batteries in India
1. Mansury Dynuma Amco 12 Volt Battery
What you get here is actually a VRLA battery. Meant for use on two-wheeler vehicles.
- It can provide power continually for up to 10 hours
- Requires pretty much no maintenance (as this is a VRLA battery)
- The warranty is 48 months
- The current is only 5 amps
- It is a somewhat delicate pyro-plastic battery
2. Anand Enterprises Amco Battery for Bike
It comes with 6 cells. Capacity is 9 amp-hours.
- It lasts for quite long
- Gives truly has enough power for 2 wheelers (being a 9 Ah battery)
- This is largely a stable battery
- Fitting onto the two-wheeler may require some tools and skill
- Its 30-month warranty comes with some limits
3. Amco 2 Wheelers Battery (4 Amps)
This is a 12-volt battery. It is built on VRLA technology.
- Fits onto many types of bikes with no issues
- The price for this 2-wheeler battery is quite low
- It has 48 month’s warranty
- Some may find it’s 4-ampere current a bit low
- It weighs 2 kilos
4. Anand Amco 3 Ah Battery for Bike
This is a classic 6-cell battery. It has a potential difference of 12 volts.
- Does not spill (being a VRLA battery)
- Does not take too long to fit onto the bike
- It can last for quite a long stretch of time
- Cells may be prone to breaking with very rough handling
- Capacity is only 3 Amp-hours
5. Amco CATZ 5 AH Battery
This is a medium-capacity battery for two-wheelers. It has 6 cells, with 12 volts.
- Fits onto almost all major standardized-size two-wheelers
- Does not add much weight to the bike you fit it on
- It does not need to be opened for acid and water toppings
- Like all batteries, it eventually starts losing its original electric charge capacity
- If you keep it for too long without using it, you may find that it drains a bit by itself
6. Bhagwati Amco MF 80 AH Battery
Ideal for use in commercial vehicles. Capacity is 80 amp hours.
- Only requires minimal maintenance
- Gives a lot of power (80 Amp hours)
- The price is rather low for this higher-capacity battery
- It may experience slight corrosion (like all batteries) at the nodes
- It has lots of weight
7. Amco CATZ 7 Amps Battery (for 2 Wheelers)
This is a 12-volt (6 cells) battery. It is a Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery.
- This is a compact battery
- It is usually fairly durable
- Easy to connect and start using
- Its 7 amp current may only be enough for bike (2-wheeler) needs – and not most other uses
- May turn out to be too big (or too small) for certain bikes’ battery-holding places
8. Amco Powerstar 12 Volt MF Battery
This is a maintenance-free battery. It has a high capacity, for a wide range of uses.
- It has 36 month’s warranty
- Does not need opening and topping up the water or acid (it is maintenance-free)
- The price is quite reasonable
- Its handles (for lifting or moving) are rather basic
- It has substantial weight
An Amco battery can be a cost-effective yet reliable source of power for your 2-wheeler, 4-wheel vehicles, and other needs. This guide empowers you to make better choices while seeking to buy an Amco battery.
Which is the best Amco battery?
One whose (amp-hours) capacity is high enough, durable, easy to connect, and easy enough to maintain.
How many years have the Amco battery warranty?
It is usually at around 3 years (with a range from 36 to 39 months on average).
What is the price of an Amco battery?
Amco battery price typically ranges from 1,500 to 2,500 Indian rupees for a basic two-wheeler battery.