A car air pump is a tool that you use to inflate the tyres of your vehicle. Some of them can also be used to inflate other items that need air to function properly.
There are many kinds of car air pumps in the market, and the prices may vary from very expensive ones to ones that are quite affordable. But one thing is for sure, a car air pump is a tool everyone should have, primarily because it will save you a lot of money in the long-run.
How many times have you had to drive your car to the mechanic just to inflate the car tyres? Did you ever think of buying a car air pump so that you do not have to run to the mechanic each time your tyres need air?
Well, if you did, then this article will be a great source of information for all you need to know before you buy an air pump for a car.
Top 10 Best Air Pumps for Car in India
Buyers Guide – Car Air Pump
When you decide to buy a car air pump, here are some things you should think about first. Depending on your needs, type of car, and budget, you can choose between a variety of pumps available in the market.
- If you have a car that you do not drive often, then it is fine for you to buy a car air pump that works on electricity or a manual one.
- However, you should choose the one that includes a device to measure air pressure.
- If you are a mechanic and your job is to repair cars, you may need to consider buying a pump that is made out of high-quality materials
- Also, that is durable and long-lasting. In this case, an electric pump would be a great choice for you.
- Prices of car air pumps vary depending on the kind you get.
- The price varies based on the quality of the car air pump, the material it is made of and based on the power source.
- These days you can find a very good quality car air pump for a fair price.
- If you are unsure about the product, you should ask a seller for a recommendation.
- They will be very happy to help you while choosing.
Features of an Air Pump
- An air pump for the car is a tool that every driver should have.
- Because car tyres can deflate at any time, you never know when you may need one.
- This tool is usually made out of some strong and heavy materials such as metal, plastic and rubber.
- The air pumps are quite a popular tool, and in some countries, you are obligated by law to have one in your car’s trunk.
- Air pumps can be very different, but they all serve the same purpose. Some car air pumps have a device to track the pressure amount.
- Mostly, every pump has a tube that you need to connect to the valve hole in the tyre so the air can be pumped into the tyre.
- Some pumps include different nozzles in the package so you can use it to inflate air into other items besides car tyres.
Types of Car Air Pumps
- As we have already mentioned, there are several types of car air pumps in the market
- And they mainly differ based on the type of power source they use to compress the air.
- The purpose of all car air pumps is the same, but in terms of the power source they use
- They can split into mechanic pumps, electric air pumps, and diesel air pumps.
- Mechanic pumps are used manually and mostly include a part you need squeeze so the compressed air gets into the tyre and inflates it.
- An electric pump uses electricity to inflate the tyre, and the diesel pump uses diesel fuel to inflate the tyre.
How Does a Car Air Pump Work?
- Regardless of type, all car air pumps serve the same purpose.
- Their working may be very simple or complicated to understand, but the main role of a car air pump is to inflate the car’s tyre.
- The base of their work is that they use different power sources to compress the air, and then send the compressed air into the car’s tyre.
- With the most common mechanical pumps, you have to use the handle to manually pump the compressed air which will travel through the tube to get into the tyre.
- This will result in the tyre getting the amount of air it needs to work properly.
- Electric air pumps work similarly but instead of manually moving the pump handle, electrical power is used to pump the air into the tyre.
List of Top 10 Best Air Pump for Car in India
1. AmazonBasics Portable Compact Digital Tyre Inflator with Carrying Case:
This is a pump from amazon brand & it works on electric power. You can plug it in into the car lighter’s adapter and use it directly from the car. It is very efficient and doesn’t take too much space.
- AmazonBasics Car Air Pump is easy to use & most of the users are satisfied with it.
- It includes a light that you can turn on when trying to inflate the tyre at night
- Item is a bit expensive, but you can find it on the discount
2. Raj Olympus High Pressure Heavy Duty Air Pump For Car, Bike or Cycle:
This is a very practical & heavy-duty pump. It works on a mechanic power source, meaning that you need to pump the handle to squeeze the compressed air into the tyre.
- Raj Olympus Car Air Pump doesn’t take much space and can be easily carried with you.
- It can be used to inflate air into inflatable furniture, toys, balls, bicycle and motorcycle tyres as well
- The item is expensive, but you can often find it on discount
3. Airmaker Foot Air Pump SB001 Steel Chrome Plated Body for Car, Motorbike & Bicycle:
This comes in a black frame for more stability while using. Also, it includes the device for measuring pressure and it is very easy to use.
- Airmaker Car Air Pump is quite lightweight and portable
- So you can place it in the trunk and it won’t take much space
- It can be used to inflate the tyres of cars, motorcycles and bicycles
- The item is priced very high
4. RNG EKO GREEN 12V160PSI Air Compressor with LED-Black:
This pump does not make a lot of noise. It is a very useful tool, and you can inflate the tyres on bikes, motorcycles and cars.
- RNG EKO DESIGN Car Air Pump is a conventional pump that compresses air
- And sends it to the tyre through the tube.
- Also, this is very practical to use
- Item is expensive
5. WUYASTA High Pressure Pedal Pump, Precision Pressure Gauge with Double Cylinders:
This is operated by pushing the foot pedal in an up-and-down motion which, in turn, inflates the tyre. Also, it includes the gauge to measure the pressure.
- WUYASTA Car Air Pump is made with high-quality materials
- It can be used to inflate air into different items such as balls, inflatable furniture, toys, bike tyres etc.
- This type of pump is very popular, so you may find it hard to order it online because it is often out of the stock
6. ADITYA Fashion® High Pressure Imported Air Pump with Heavy Compressor Cylinder for All Vehicles:
Here is a classic foot-operated pump, with the pedal made out of rubber for stable positioning and ease of use. The pump is very popular and many people choose this one to have in their garage.
- Aditya Air Pump is a multifunctional product
- So that you can use it to inflate the balls, toys, tyres on the bike& motorcycle as well
- It is a bit expensive
7. Fidrox Imperia Portable DC 12V Electric Mini Air Pump for Car & Bike:
This is a nice looking, very practical car air pump. It comes shaped like a tyre and is easy to use because you can plug it into the lighter slot in the car.
- Fidrox Air Pump is easy to place under the seat or in the car trunk
- It has a gauge for measuring pressure
- Buyers complained about the quality of the pump
8. Rexez Electric Mini Portable 12V Air Pump for Car & Bike:
This is a multipurpose pump that is good not only for car tyres but also to inflate bike tyres, motorcycle tyres, or for toys and inflatable furniture.
- Rexez Air Pump made with high-quality materials & will last for a very long time
- The item is quite strong and takes about 5 minutes to inflate the car tyre
- The item is expensive
9. PremSakhi Aluminium Car Air Pump with Accurate Gauge Smart Valve Head for Car, Bicycle & Motorbike:
This is an air compressor tool that one can use to inflate car tyres, bike and motorcycle tyres. As well as for any other item that needs to be inflated to function properly. The item is very good quality, and it is the best choice for professional mechanics.
- PremSakhi Air Pump is portable and easy to use
- All costumers are satisfied with this product
- Item is very expensive
10. Puffin™ Car Air Pump Compressor with 12V 300 PSI Tyre Inflator for Car & Motorbike:
This comes with a lot of nozzles that make it possible to use on cars, bikes and motorcycle tyres. It uses electricity as its power source.
- Puffin Air Pump made with high-quality materials
- Also, it doesn’t take much space
- Poor quality product
A car air pump is an item that everyone who owns a car should have. It is a multifunction device that one can use to inflate the tyres on all type of vehicles, and also inflate other items such as toys, balls, inflatable furniture etc.
It is not an easy job to choose the right car pump, but before you do so, make sure to consider all the factors including your needs and budget. Also, gather all information needed, so you can be sure that you will not make a wrong choice.
1. Which is the best air pump for the car?
The best pump for a car is the one that suits your needs and budget. Making note of the experience of people who have rated the air pumps, the most practical ones according to them are those that work on the electrical power source and have the device to measure the pressure.
2. What is the price of the car air pump?
The prices may vary depending on the features of the pump, its type, intention to serve, and the manufacturer. But a good pump costs on average about Rs 1000.
3. What are the types of car air pump?
There are several types of pumps in the market, but the most common ones are mechanical and electrical.