An air compressor water filter serves the purpose of removing liquid and foreign particles from the compressed airline. By removing the said liquid and foreign particles, the filter enhances efficiency. That in turn leads to lower energy costs. Further, by removing the liquid and foreign particles, the filter protects the inner parts from premature wear and tear.
In other words, it extends the compressor system’s life. And by removing the liquid and foreign particles, reduces downtimes. That is because compressor systems that operate without proper filters tend to keep on breaking down (hence costly downtimes). The filter prevents such downtimes, which increases reliability. Also check the buyers guide for the best Eureka Forbes water purifiers, water dispensers, Water TDS testers & in India
Top 10 Best Air Compressor Water Filters in India
Features of Air Compressor Water Filter
- One feature that matters greatly in an air compressor water filter is its connector thread size. It is given in inches. The standard size seems to be ¼ inch. It is a key determinant of compatibility.
- Another feature that matters a great deal is the filter’s working pressure. This is given in PSI units.
- Yet another feature that is important is the filter’s working temperature range. This is given in degrees units: either Celsius or Fahrenheit (or both).
- Filtration level is another key feature. This is typically given in micron units. It shows the extent to which the filter can remove foreign particles.
- The filter’s body capacity is an important feature as is the material it is made from.
Types of Air Compressor Water Filter
- There are four key types of air compressor water filters.
- The first is what we refer to as high particulate filters.
- The second type is what we refer to as vapor filters.
- The third variety is that of charcoal (or vapor) filters.
- And the fourth type is known as compressor intake filters.
How to use Air Compressor Water Filter
- First of all, you need to locate your compressor system’s hosepipe.
- This should be fairly easy.
- Then you need to locate your system’s pressure tank.
- These two parts are usually close to each other.
- The air compressor water filter is supposed to go between the two.
- So it has to go somewhere between the hose pipe and the pressure tank.
- Unplug the air compressor.
- Then ensure that all power connections are switched off.
- Get one of the filter’s connectors to connect with the pressure gauge’s coupler.
- Then get the other end to connect with the hosepipe’s T-head. Use a coupler in connecting the filter with the hose pipe’s T-head.
- Finally, to ensure that there won’t be air leakages, secure the bonds with thread sealant.
- Also, make use of Teflon tape to further secure the bonds.
Buying guide for Air Compressor Water Filter
- The most important thing, when buying an air compressor water filter, is to ensure that it’s compatible with your system.
- The main determinant here will be the connector thread size. Check the filter grade.
- This is given in microns. It tells you about the smallest size of foreign particles the filter can trap.
- Pay attention to things like the filter’s max flow rate, working pressure, and max working temperature.
- This will determine how useful the filter will be to you.
- Further, consider the filter’s price. Try to research, to understand what the typical prices for these filters are like.
- Then ensure that what you buy is fairly priced. You may also want to see whether the vendor offers a warranty.
- Ideally, go for a filter whose vendor is willing to offer a decent warranty.
List of Top 10 Best Air Compressor Water Filters in India-Buyers Guide
1. CrocSee C1.8C.027 Air Compressor Water Trap Filter
This is a ¼ inch NPT thread filter. It comes complete with the amount.
- It has a max working temperature of 60 degrees Celsius
- Comes with a wall mounting bracket
- Allows for a max flow rate of 750 liters per minute (26 CFM)
- The wall mounting brackets don’t include screws
- The filter’s size is quite modest
2. MAGICDEALZ E_13013222 Air Compressor Water Filter
The materials used in making this filter are metal and plastic. The connector width is ¼ inch.
- Filters up to 40 microns
- Broad operating temperature range: from 5 to 60 degrees Celsius
- The filter’s body capacity is 15 cc
- The filter is somewhat delicate
- Installation may be slightly time-consuming
3. Magideal AFR Air Pressure Regulator Water Separator Filter
This is an aluminum alloy filter. The working pressure range is from 7 to 121 PSI.
- It has high filter precision
- Offers stable pressure
- Has potential to be durable
- The filter’s size is modest
- Gauge glass is quite delicate
4. Generic AFR-2000 Pneumatic Air Filter
Comes with a pressure-reducing valve. The design allows for easy installation.
- The price is on the lower side
- Installation doesn’t take too much time
- Includes a pressure reducing valve
- May not be compatible with certain machines
- It is likely to require replacing after some time
5. Fansport Air Filter Regulator AFR2000 Air Compressor Filter
This is another filter with the standard ¼ inch connector. The main material used in making this filter is aluminum.
- Comes with the adjustable control knob
- The design is compact
- Functions both as a filter and a regulator
- Installation requires patience
- Some may find its capacity too modest
6. SST Pneumatic Air Filter Regulator Compressor
This filter promises high efficiency. The exterior material is aluminum while the core material is alloy steel.
- The price is quite low
- Comes with a good quality gauge
- Offers good filtration efficiency
- May not work with certain compressors
- The gauge glass is quite delicate
7. Tools Centre Air Filter Regulator Compressor Pressure Gauge
The connector size is ¼ inch. Comes complete with a mounting bracket.
- Allows for as much as 2,000 liters/minute flow
- Easy to install
- ¼ inch standard thread size ensures the broad compatibility
- The price is quite high
- May require replacing after some time
8. 1/4 Inch Air Compressor 130PSI Regulator Filter
The shell material here is aluminum alloy, while the gauge is plastic. Can withstand max regulator pressure of 130 PSI.
- Capable of filtering even smaller particles
- The design is compact
- Price is quite low
- Installation requires some expertise
- Only works within the standard 5-60 degrees Celsius range
9. ISC Mini Filter for Airbrush Air Compressor
Can fit directly into an airline or onto a spray gun. Connector size is the standard ¼ inch.
- Comes with a clear casing (so you can see trapped particles)
- Compatible with most machines through ¼ BSP threads
- Filters even smaller particles
- The filter may be slightly delicate
- There is a limit to the pressure it can withstand
10. Generic G1/4″ In-Line Air Compressor Filter Regulator
Promises effective filtration of air moisture. Compatible with the standard ¼ inch threads.
- The filter has high accuracy
- It has broad compatibility
- Has good adjustable pressure, differential pressure, and filtration volume ratings
- Some may find the price slightly high
- Installation requires a bit of time
To enhance your air compressor’s efficiency, protect its inner components and extend its life, you need a good water filter. This guide has the information you need while shopping for an ideal air compressor water filter.
How do I keep water out of my air compressor tank?
The best way to keep water out is by using an air compressor water filter.
How does an air compressor filter work?
It works by trapping water (and other liquid) drops as well as foreign particles.
What is the cost of the air compressor water filter?
Prices mostly range from 700 rupees to 2,000 rupees depending on features and quality.