Ab rollers are among the top types of equipment you can use to exercise your abdominal muscles. Usually, a roller has a wheel, which you need to move forward and backward. In the process of doing so, you get to exercise your abdominal muscles. So you apply your body weight on the roller. Then you move it forward and backward: with the strain, you endure giving you a chance to strengthen your muscles.
Besides the abdominal muscles (abs), the roller can also help you strengthen your shoulder, arms, and back muscles. Thus it is the sort of equipment that can give you almost all-round fitness. And it can help you burn fat and lose weight fast as well. Also, check the buyer’s guide for Treadmills, Exercise Cycles, Knee Brace for Knee Cap Support in India.
Top 10 Best Ab Rollers in India
Features of Ab Roller
- The grip is an important feature in an ab roller.
- In the best rollers, the handle design is such that the grip is strong but also comfortable.
- Another important feature in an ab roller is stability.
- This mostly depends on the wheel design.
- The best rollers are stable even when under high-speed operation.
- Yet another key feature in an abs roller is the knee mat.
- You have to remember that this is equipment whose operation often forces you into a kneeling position.
- Therefore a good quality knee mat is very important.
- Muteness also matters in an abs roller.
- This is with regard to the amount of noise that the roller makes while in use.
- The best abs rollers are relatively quiet while in use.
Types of Ab Rollers
- There are 2-wheel ab rollers. Then there are 4-wheel ab rollers.
- There are ab rollers that come with rubberized wheels.
- Then there are those that lack rubberized wheels.
- We have ab rollers that are ideal for use by beginners.
- Then we have those that are ideal for use by professionals.
How to use an Ab Roller?
- The first step (after receiving your ab roller) is usually that of assembling it.
- This is usually a matter of first sliding the roller handles onto the roller’s metal rod.
- Then you slide the rod (also known as an axle) into the roller wheels.
- After that you attach the other handle, to complete assembly.
- Once you are done with the assembly, you can start exercising with the roller.
- You first assume a comfortable posture.
- Then you put both of your hands on the roller’s respective handles.
- Thereafter, you apply your weight onto the roller.
- You then make forward and backward motions (reps), in order to strengthen your abdominal, arms, chest, and shoulder muscles.
Buying guide for Ab Roller
- Before buying an abs roller, you need to consider its rod quality.
- Ensure that it is a rod that can bear the weight you will be subjecting it to without bending.
- Further, check the roller’s wheels. Ensure that they have some anti-skid capability.
- Also, ensure that they are reasonably wide and stable.
- Wherever possible, go for a roller that requires little or no assembly.
- Check the quality of the knee pad (if one comes alongside the roller you wish to buy).
- Pay some attention to the ab roller price.
- Go for a roller whose price is reasonable, given its features.
- If you can get an abs roller with a warranty, it would usually be better than one without.
List of Top 10 Best Abs Roller in India-Buyers Guide
1. PRO365® Wide Ab Roller Wheel
What you get here is an abs roller, together with a 6 mm knee mat. In this roller, the wheels have a decent anti-skid feature.
- The price at which this roller is sold is reasonable
- Stainless steel rod can bear up to 100 kg weight
- The handles offer good grip
- The roller requires some assembly
- Some may find the knee mat wanting (because it is made of foam)
2. June Fox Ab Roller Wheel
June Fox Roller Comes with a widened wheel to withstand multi-angle exercise work. Also includes shock and sound-absorbing capabilities.
- Assembly for this roller is very easy
- Doesn’t hurt the floor where it is used (due to wheel design)
- Doesn’t make too much noise (it has sound absorption features)
- The price is relatively high
- Bearings replacement can be slightly time-consuming
3. AmazonBasics Abs and Core Exercise Roller
The wheels here seem to be genuine rubber. Ergonomic design minimizes user fatigue.
- Comes with a full year warranty
- The parts with which this roller is made are durable
- It rolls very smoothly under all floor conditions
- Flare handles may have a slight effect on stability
- Moving metal components may require regular oiling to function optimally
4. Simxen Total Body AB Roller
This Simxen Body abs roller is a unisex roller, hence can be used by both men and women. Includes a double wheel mechanism.
- Doesn’t require assembly
- Wheels and handles have a good grip
- The price is quite reasonable
- Wheels are relatively small
- May make slight noise underuse in certain conditions
5. Strauss Double Exercise Wheel
What you get here is a low-cost yet reasonably effective abs roller. This roller has a compact design and low weight.
- Wheels seem to have a good anti-skid feature
- The handles design is such that they don’t slip easily
- Price is quite low
- Rod material is alloy steel
- Assembly can take a bit of time
6. Fitsy Upgraded 4 Wheel Ab Roller
This Fitsy upgraded wheel abs roller is a unique roller, with 4 wheels instead of the typical 2. Its handles have cushioning, for user comfort.
- Sturdy design, which should translate into durability
- Four wheels, hence greater stability
- The roller comes with a stopper wedge
- Price may be out of reach for some
- Wheels are not particularly big
7. ODDISH Tummy Trimmer Ab Roller for Men and Women
Here is a unisex roller: for both men and women. It comes with a double spring mechanism.
- The stainless steel axle is strong
- Includes double spring mechanism for higher-level fitness training
- This roller is portable
- The wheel may hurt the floor where the roller is put to use
- Somewhat intricate design means that repair can be hard (should need for it arise)
8. TYZAG Power Ab Roller Exercise Wheel
This roller’s handles have foam handles (for user comfort). It can be used by beginners and professionals alike.
- The knee pad with which this roller is sold is of premium quality
- Foam handles ensure that it doesn’t hurt user’s hands
- The steel bar can handle most user weights safely
- There seems to be a warranty limitation
- This roller requires assembly
9. Lifelong Ab Wheel Roller
Comes with a good 6-month warranty. Ideal for use by both men and women alike (unisex roller).
- The price is on the lower side
- Assembly is fairly easy
- Comes with warranty
- The buyer may have to buy a separate knee mat
- Some may find the handle to be lacking in certain comfort features
10. GOCART (WITH G LOGO) AB Roller
This GOCART abs Roller is another 4-wheel abs roller. Its design minimizes user hand fatigue.
- It has excellent stability
- Price is good for a 4-wheel roller
- Has better safety profile
- Assembly can require a bit of expertise
- May is not very easily portable
A high-quality abs roller can help you achieve bodily strength in a fun-filled way. With the information in this guide, you can proceed to buy a high-quality ab roller with confidence.
Does ab roller reduce belly fat?
Yes, when you use it properly, an ab roller can help you reduce belly fat.
How many ab rollers should I do?
Some experts advise that you should aim to do 3 to 8 reps per set for beginners. Professionals can do 10 reps per set.
Which is the best ab roller?
The best abs roller is one with a good quality handle and wheel and whose axle can bear considerable weight. It should also have an anti-skid wheel, with good stability and easy assembly.