A 9v battery is meant for use in devices like smoke detectors, toys, certain radios, remote controls, and walkie-talkies. Inside the 9-volt battery is usually a chemical that is capable of storing electrical charge. When one inserts the 9v battery into a device, it starts drawing power from the chemical inside the battery. And that is what keeps the device running. The 9v battery enables you to keep devices operating without plugging them directly onto power sockets.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best 12v batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Battery, inverter batteries, Exide inverter batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, Distilled water for batteries, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes in India.
Top 10 Best 9v Batteries in India
Features of 9v Battery
- The dimensions of a 9v battery are a key feature. This tells us whether the battery will fit into the device(s) or not.
- Another key feature of a 9-volt battery is its terminal design. Again this may have an impact on which devices the battery fits into (and those that it can’t fit).
- Yet another key feature of a 9-volt battery is its shelf life. This tells us how much potency the battery still has, by the time one gets it.
Types of 9v Batteries
- There are rechargeable 9v batteries. Then there are single-use 9v batteries.
- The rechargeable ones may be used numerous times: one just needs to keep on charging them. Conversely, single-use 9v batteries lose all their potency upon depletion of the initial charge.
- There are lithium-ion 9v batteries. Then there are alkaline 9v batteries. We also have zinc carbon 9v batteries. The rechargeable 9v batteries tend to be of the lithium-ion type. The alkaline and zinc carbon 9v batteries tend to be of the single-use variety.
Buying Guide for 9v Battery
- There are three key things to pay attention to, while buying a 9v battery: compatibility, capacity and price.
- Regarding compatibility, ensure that the 9-volt battery you buy fits into the device you have.
- About capacity, ensure that the 9v battery you buy can hold power for a reasonable time. If it is a single-use battery, ensure that it has not stayed on the shelf/store for too long.
- And about the 9 volt battery price, first research what these types of batteries normally cost. Then ensure that you are not paying unduly more, and you are getting value for money.
How To Use 9v Battery?
- Some of the 9v batteries come with connector clips, from which you draw power from them. So you plug the clip coming from the battery into the DC power socket of your device. The power coming from the battery then keeps the device working as it should.
- Other 9v batteries go directly inside the devices they provide power to. So you open the device, fit in the battery, and then close the device again. When you turn on the device, it runs as it should, with power from the battery therein.
- If what you are using is a rechargeable 9v battery, you will need to be charging it before use. If it is a single-use 9v battery, you need to remove it upon depletion, and then replace it.
List of Top 10 Best 9v Batteries online in India
1. ENVIE Infinite 9V Li-ion Battery
The ENVIE Battery capacity is 800 mAh. The battery is rechargeable.
- Comes ready to use
- Serves for very long (being a rechargeable battery)
- Can charge with micro USB, wall charger as well as a power bank too
- It May is not fit into some devices
- Requires quite some time to get a full charge
2. Energizer 9V General Purpose Battery
This is an alkaline 9v battery. In the pack, you get 2 units (each with 9v power).
- It has a long shelf life
- Fits into a wide range of devices
- The packaging for this battery is top notch
- Some may find the price a bit high for single-use batteries
- Proper disposal after use can be quite an issue
3. Duracell Ultra Alkaline 9V Battery
What you get here are 2 batteries. The Duracell Battery come with a guarantee for long-lasting power.
- The batteries are of standard size (hence good for use on a wide range of devices)
- They offer good performance even with high drain devices
- Comes fully ready to use
- The chemical inside can be toxic if kids or pets ingest it
- If the depleted battery is left too long in a device, it may burst and ruin the device
4. Hi-Watt 9 volt Battery
What you receive is a box with 10 batteries, each with a 9-volt rating. These are zinc carbon batteries.
- The price is rather low for 10 batteries
- The casing for each battery is solid, minimizing the risk of battery ruin
- These are long-life batteries
- The box in which they ship these batteries seems a bit flimsy
- Fitting the batteries into certain devices may be hard
5. ElectroBot 9V Hi-Watt Battery
This pack has 5 batteries, each with 9 volts of power. The batteries come complete with a clip connector.
- Price is within most people’s reach
- Comes ready to use (complete with clips)
- Can work with many devices (thanks to the provision of connector clips)
- The batteries may tend to deplete rather fast if one stores them under certain conditions
- Some may find 5 batteries superfluous to their needs
6. Ultralife Lithium Battery (9V)
Designed for use in smoke detectors. Can also power other devices that require 9 volts.
- The packaging is quite good
- The battery has a decent shelf life
- Battery terminals and casing are quite hardy
- Price may appear a bit high for some people
- The battery may not easily fit into some devices
7. Camelion Super Heavy Duty 9V Battery
Ideal for use in lawn lamps, meters, remotes and gaming controls among others. This is a zinc-carbon battery.
- Keeps power for quite long
- Fits onto quite many devices
- Contains zero cadmium and zero mercury
- They come with a shelf life limit
- The price may seem a bit high
8. Rebel Hi-Watt 9V Long Life Battery
This is a 5-battery pack (each battery being of 9-volt power). These are manganese single-use batteries.
- Can work as an external battery for a device (as it can connect through a clip)
- Keeps power for quite a long time
- The price is quite cheap for 5 batteries
- The battery casing seems to be quite basic
- These batteries require quite a delicate handling so as not to ruin the terminals
9. SHOPEE Long Life Hi-Watt 9v Battery
What you get here is a box with 5 batteries, each with 9 volts of electric power. These are zinc carbon battery units.
- The batteries come ready to use
- Can store power for quite long without depletion
- The cost is not high
- Proper disposal after use may be tricky
- The box packaging may not offer much protection to the batteries during shipping
10. Immense 9v Alkaline Battery
This is a 2 battery pack (each battery being of 9-volt power). The batteries are of a single-use type.
- Keeps power for quite long
- These are fully ready-to-use batteries at the purchase point
- Comes in very decent packaging
- It May is not fit into certain types of devices
- Some may find the price a bit high for just 2 batteries
A good 9-volt battery can serve you well as a reliable and easily usable power store for your devices. With this guide’s help, you are better placed to pick and buy the best 9v batteries in the Indian market.
How long will the 9v battery last?
A single-use 9v battery may last for several weeks, while a rechargeable 9-volt battery may last for years.
What is a 9v battery called?
We may also refer to it as a 9-volt power cell.
How much is a 9v battery?
The 9v battery price can range from as little as 180 Indian rupees to as much as 700 Indian rupees.