A miter saw is a multipurpose tool used for cutting and shaping various construction materials such as wood, flooring, PVC pipes, and siding. The main purpose of this tool is to make crosscuts and miters on an object.
Miter saws are mounted with sharp circular saw blades that you pull down towards the object you are cutting. The standard blade of the miter saw ranges between 8 and 12 inches and is made of carbon steel.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Band Saws, DeWalt Power Tools, Makita Power tools, Pole Saws, Pruning Saw, chain saw machines, circular saw machines, Oscillating saw, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, Scroll Saws, Reciprocating Saws, coping saw, hacksaws, Chain saw machines, Circular saw machines, Chop saw machines, Hammer Drill Machines, Sanding Machines, Angle Grinders, Brush cutters, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, oscillating saw machines, Table saw Machines.
Most of them come with an additional coating for making it trouble-free to slice through the object. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best miter saws along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 9 Miter Saws in India
Buyers Guide – Miter Saw
When choosing a miter saw, regardless if it is for professional or general purposes use, a few things need to be taken into consideration. Miter saws are available in both cordless and corded models.
- The basic components of a miter saw consist of the blade, table, a miter scale, motor, and a battery for the cordless versions.
- This tool is available in four different variations – basic, compound, sliding compound, and cordless.
- Basic and compound miter saws are ideal for DIYers who love to utilize their free time in crafting wood items or like to fix things.
- They are both affordable and come with basic options.
- However, the compound miter saw has an additional option of single and dual bevel that gives additional miter cut, bevel cut, compound cut, and crosscut.
- Even professionals can use these tools as they serve the same basic purpose.
- But it is recommended that they work with the sliding compound miter as it is a more sophisticated tool with the additional option of the sliding arm.
- Most of the models have the option of adding additional attachments to improve efficiency and functionality, for example, dust ports and light.
Features of Miter Saw
Most miter saws are static saws that only require being pulled down towards the workpiece rather than having them run in a horizontal position along with the object.
Just consider the below-mentioned features while choosing a miter saw:
- The blades on a miter are equipped with 24-100 teeth, and the more teeth in a blade, the better the cutting results.
- The teeth on the tool have several designs based on the type of material and edge treatment.
- Unlike other saws that require additional attachments to make angle cuts on their own.
- A miter saw allows you to make different angle cuts on the workpiece without any attachment.
- With the help of a miter saw, cutting is made a lot easier and much more precise.
- Miter saws are efficient and handy as they produce a quality cut workpiece in just a matter of seconds.
- The best part about a miter saw is that even if someone is using it for the first time.
- Within a few attempts, they can master perfection in cutting their workpiece.
Types of Miter Saws
There are many different types of miter saws available in the market, ranging from basic to complex models.
These include the following:
Basic Miter Saw
- A handy and affordable standard saw that does not have a bevel option compared to the other types.
- Yet, it makes accurate miters and crosscuts.
Compound Miter Saw
- This saw comes with the additional options of the single and dual bevel.
- With these added options you can make all kinds of cuts such as miter cut, bevel cut, compound cut, and crosscut.
Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- This is a more sophisticated type of miter saw as it has one additional element – a sliding arm.
- This is mainly used for professional timber work.
Cordless Miter Saw
- The cordless miter saws are well-known for their portability.
- These are available in sliding, compound, and basic miter saws.
How Does a Miter Saw Work?
A miter saw is an essential tool required in all workshops, especially those that require cutting objects into various shapes. It is designed with sharp saw blades mounted on the top that is pulled down towards the object that needs cutting.
- A sophisticated miter saw comes with an adjustable sliding arm that can be either aimed to the left or right of the blade to cut in a specific angle.
- This powerful tool comes with basic and complex options making it convenient for the user to make flawless splinter-free and precise cuts.
- Most of the popular miter saws come with blades sizes 10 and 12 inches.
- The 10-inch blades are easily found in many hardware stores and are cheaper compared to the 12-inch blades.
- In addition to that, the 10-inch blade has a small radius that allows the blade to spin faster and consume less electricity.
List of Top 10 Best Miter Saws in India Buyers Guide
There is a variety of miter saws in the market with important features. But before buying them, please note the points made below that may help you make an informed decision.
1. Bosch Mitre Saw GCM 10 in Blue:
This is from the Bosch brand & it comes with a double bevel sliding saw. And making it perfect for slicing large chunks of lumber. The extendable wings can be adjusted towards the left ranging up to 52° and 60° to the right.
- Bosch Mitre Saw made with the handy heavy-duty 1800-watt motor.
- It comes with a compact design.
- This is affordable for everyone.
- It has a capacity of cutting objects up to 85mm set at 0 degrees.
- Not ideal for cutting large lumber pieces
2. Dewalt Single Bevel 305mm Miter Saw DW715:
This is equipped with a changeable stainless steel plate & it has a long sliding fence that supports crown molding. And this is a miter capacity of 0-50 degrees right and left. And weighing 42 lbs with a built-in carrying handle for portability.
- DeWalt Miter Saw has a 15-amp motor that drives 4000rpm giving durability & extensive power.
- It has an adjustable bevel from 0-48 degrees to the left with an adjustment of 0-3 degrees to the right.
- This is easy to set up and control as well
- You will accurate results with this device.
- Fragile dust bag
3. Ferm Radial Miter Saw MSM1036 with 2000 W & No Load Stroke 5000 SPM:
This product by Ferm & features a durable tungsten carbide 255mm saw blade with 60 teeth, and a pointing laser guide. For more accuracy, precision, and an adjustable bevel ranging from 0-45 degrees.
The product also comes with rear support, two extendable wings, a clamp, dust bag, hex key, earplugs, safety goggles, and a suction nozzle for dust.
- Ferm Miter saw is an extensive tool typically best for cutting large pieces of objects.
- This product comes with a tungsten carbide blade.
- It has a large cutting and extendable wings that make it easier to work with big objects.
- You will get extra attachments like earplugs & safety goggles.
- The blade is not durable
4. Hitachi 255mm Mitre Saw C10FCE2:
This is a heavy-duty saw & it allows adjustments between 0-52 degrees towards the right and left for more flexibility. The bevel can be adjusted from 0-42 degrees to the left for more precise cuts.
The horizontal handle comes with a soft comfortable vibration-free elastomer grip. Additionally, it has a dust bag for collecting dust particles.
- Hitachi C10FCE2 Mitre Saw is fitted with a 15-amp motor that makes it ideal for cutting through solid tough objects.
- It has an accurate and precise cut.
- This device is ideal for beginners
- It is a lightweight & portable product.
- The flip fence can be raised to 4 inches for cutting larger objects.
- Not great for fine cutting
5. Makita Miter Saw LS1221 Compound:
This tool is 4-1/2 inches long, with wide adjustable fences that can cut up to 5-1/2 inch crown moulding, and a horizontal handle designed for comfort and ease of use. The product weighs about 37lbs, which makes it much more portable than a general miter saw. It comes with a high-quality carbide-tipped miter saw blade, vertical-wise, two extension wings, a dust bag, and a wrench.
- Makita LS1221 Miter Saw is a powerful 15-amp compound saw with 4000rpm power.
- This equipment is a lightweight & handy tool.
- It is ideal for heavy-duty and general-purpose cutting.
- This product is easy to use.
- Lacks laser pointing feature
6. Metabo Laser Compound Mitre Saw KS 216 M BY ASMA STORE:
The Metabo KS 216 is a robust aluminum miter saw, ideal for heavy-duty tasks. It comes with a cutting depth of 60/45mm and a cutting width of 120/80mm. The product features LED lights for accurate measurement and precision against the cutting line and a dust scoop for the removal of dust particles.
- Metabo Mitre Saw head can be adjusted to the left adding an angle for undercuts.
- This is a piece of lightweight equipment.
- It has an adjustable cutting capacity of 0-45 degrees
- The product is compact & lightweight so that it can be used with a single hand.
- Blades are not durable enough
7. Ferm MSM1039 1500 W Radial Miter Saw 210 mm in Multicolour:
The Ferm MSM1039 is a crosscut saw fitted with a durable quality 210mm TCT saw blade. This product features a saw head that can be adjusted to the left between an angle of 0-45 degrees. The clamp and the extension bars on this tool help with cutting larger pieces without any much effort.
- Ferm Miter Saw is made with an aluminum base plate with a transparent protective cover making it safer to work with.
- This is a heavy-duty & lightweight product
- It has a no-load speed of 4500/min.
- This device is ideal for fine cutting and precision.
- Requires regular polishing
8. STANLEY 254mm Compound Mitre Saw STSM1510 with 1500W, 32T & 80T Blades:
This product is best known for its compact size and impeccable results. It is a 1500-watt miter saw and features an adjustable bevel of 0-45 degrees. The product has a long sliding fence making the device ideal for complex angle cuts and increased precision.
- Stanley STSM1510 Mitre Saw made with a 254mm diameter blade.
- It comes with an auto-retracting blade guard for maximum comfort & safety.
- This is an inexpensive product
- Also, this equipment has a lightweight
- Do not cut through thick/dense objects
9. Hitachi miter saw Compound Saw 1050W in Black:
This is from the Hitachi brand and it featured a durable motor of 1050W enabling cutting with higher precision. With the two horizontal rails, the saw could cut through objects up to 312mm. The product is ultralight, weighing 31lbs, making it the best tool for users who seek mobility as well as easy control over the tool.
- Hitachi Miter Saw made with a powerful 1050W compound motor
- And it is ideal for commercial use.
- It comes with the option for both angled and vertical cutting.
- This product has lightweight. It has 312 mm horizontal rails.
- Too light for some user
A miter saw is a multipurpose tool that can be used for cutting and shaping various construction materials. It is used for both professional and personal use.
And it is perfect for DIYers. Especially since it is relatively easier to learn to use. And with just a few attempts, they can master perfection in crafting their own desired workpiece.
Should I get a miter saw or table saw?
Both saws have their own distinct benefits and flaws, but the primary objective is the same. A table saw is very handy, however, it fails to cut and shape large pieces with precision and accuracy which can be done in seconds with a miter saw.
Which is the best miter saw?
The Bosch GCM 10 MX is a diverse cutting machine supported by an 1800-watt motor. Assisted with a double bevel sliding saw, this product is a perfect fit for personal and professional uses.
Can a miter saw cut lengthwise?
A miter saw cannot make lengthwise cuts. They are only capable of making crosscuts.
What is the best Miter saw for home use?
The Bosch GCM 10 Mitre Saw is an ideal tool for home use. Its extensive power and diversity are perfect to execute even heavy-duty tasks.