The home theaters are not a single electrical device as we often think. It’s rather, a complete set of audio/video electronic systems to enhance entertainment. So, a home theater/cinema is an entertainment center which purpose is to produce the same effect as that of an actual cinema. This entertainment center is built at home and setting it up is easy using these five important components
- The display screen (TV or projector screen)
- Home theater room
- Surge protectors
With all these, you can transform your television room into your dream home theater room.
The 5.1 home theater system is a surround sound channel system, where each audio channel uses one speaker. Therefore, in the 5.1 system [the five (5) = main speakers and dot-one (.1) = one (1) subwoofer].
List of Top 10 Best 5.1 Home Theater Brands in India
Features of 5.1 Home Theater
- A 5.1 home theater is the primary home theater sound setup with – Left and right speakers, a center speaker, 2 rear/satellite speakers, and a subwoofer.
- Most home theaters use these 5.1 surround system configuration since it has a good quality audio experience.
- The rule to this is, the more the speaker, the better the audio experience.
- An audio-video receiver is the backbone of every home theater.
- So, look out for these features on your receivers:
- The power output is a very important feature.
- The function of these is to supply enough power to the speaker.
- Without this, the speaker’s clarity will be poor.
- Power output is expressed in wattage.
- Always consider buying a receiver with at least a minimum output of 45watts.
- Another feature is the connectivity options. Modern A/V receivers have multiple connectivities to enable the transfer and storage of data. Look out for receivers with SD cards, AUX, PEN DRIVE/USB slots, and Bluetooth options.
- The remote control is important because it contains the features available on the receiver for easy control.
- A receiver should have in-built FM radio tuner options and also a good surround sound system. Its function is to help create the movie theater-quality experience.
Types of 5.1 Home Theaters
There are different types of home theater systems such as soundbars, home-theater-in-a-box, wireless home theaters, custom-designed, and installed home theaters, etc.
- This is an alternative for people with a small room space.
- You do not have to worry about placing the front left speaker, front right speaker, and center speaker separately.
- These three speakers are built into the soundbar.
Pre-package home theater system/home-theater-in-a-box
- This type of home theater is less expensive.
- Just as the name implies, it’s a single box comprising of all the speakers needed to set up a home theater.
- You only need to have a 4k smart TV or Projector and that’s it.
Wireless Home Theaters
- Wireless home theaters can be perceived to be of more advantage when compared to wired home theaters.
- This is not true as wired home theaters are more reliable and flexible.
- They can be moved around without worrying much about the reinstallation, drilling of new holes on floors and walls.
- Nevertheless, a wireless home theater is cool and has its advantage over wired home theaters.
Buyer’s Guide – 5.1 Home Theaters
Before setting up your home theater system, you need to consider these:
The display screen (TV or projector screen)
- To experience the full potential of your dream home theater.
- You have to make sure you get a large screen TV or a large screen projector. A 4K TV or 4K projector is highly recommended.
- This TV provides high-quality pictures which makes it suitable for a home theater.
- The idea of more is bitter, also comes to play when choosing your home theater system.
- The more the speaker, the better quality sound it produces.
- The basic home theater configuration found in most homes is the five speakers, one subwoofer setup.
- Another important point to note is its arrangement.
- These speakers have to be arranged and placed in their rightful positions or the aim for setting up a home theater will be lost.
- Without this device, your home theater is not complete and will not even function.
- The widely recommended is the audio/visual receiver which connects each channel to a speaker.
- Always bear in mind that your receiver should at least be a 5-channel and one subwoofer output.
- This is the minimum receiver that can run a home theater perfectly.
Home Theater Room
- This point is often neglected while focusing on the other three points but, it’s as important as the others.
- The size of the room determines the size of the speaker you get.
- A less spacious room can go for a shelf size speaker and a more spacious room can go for a floor speaker.
How 5.1 Home Theaters works
- Finally having your home theater is a dream come true.
- Knowing the basic setup placement to ensure proper working is also very important.
- Placing your equipment wrongly will give an opposite result of what was bargained for.
- Therefore, placing each speaker rightly is very crucial, if you want to make the most out of it.
- Every home theater comes with a Manual for specific speaker placement advice.
- This manual is often ignored but it’s really important to go through them.
- This will help buyers understand the basics of speaker placement even though you are not installing the home theater yourself.
- The center speaker produces all dialogue sounds and is placed directly in front of the viewer.
- It’s centered above the display screen or directly below the display, as close to the ear level as possible.
- The front left and right speakers are placed respectively at each side of the TV.
- The two speakers are placed symmetrically with an equal distance from the center speaker.
- Place your surround sound/rear speakers at your side or a little behind the seat.
- It should be placed at least 3 feet above ear level unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer.
- After setup, listen to the sound and make few adjustments where necessary.
- First set the receiver to the stereo mode which enables sound to come out from only left and right speakers.
- Also, to get the best sound experience, if you haven’t already.
- Move the front speakers away from each other but, not too far apart that vocals don’t sound centralized.
- If you can’t move your speakers, try moving your seat. This will help achieve a more enveloping sound.
Top 10 Lists of Best 5.1 Home Theaters in India
1. Zebronics ZEB-BT6590RUCF 5.1 Home Theater Speaker
This is a multimedia device with options like Bluetooth, Auxiliary, an SD card, and a Pen-drive slot. The speaker has a LED display for displaying information about its connectivity mode. Also, it has an FM radio and remote control.
- Excellent quality bass and sound.
- Bluetooth features work perfectly.
- User friendly.
- Aesthetically pleasing.
- The speaker wires are not too long.
2. iBELL IBL2045DLX 5.1 Home Theater Speaker
This multimedia speaker type has a total RMS of 45 watts to ensure a complete sound range with FM radio. This device multiple connectivity options are Bluetooth, Auxiliary, SD, and USB ports.
- Very nice look, sound, and bass.
- High Bluetooth range.
- Very good connectivity.
- Not a wireless speaker.
3. Philips SPA4040B/94 Speaker
This multimedia speaker is compatible with any multimedia device and works perfectly with Bluetooth enabled device. Apart from connecting this device to your TV, you can connect it to your computer, Mp3 player, Mobile device (Android or IOS), tablets, DVD, etc. Also, the built-in speaker provides a very clear sound and bass.
- Speaker is portable.
- Black in color.
- It has a bass level control.
- No remote control.
4. F&D F3800X 80W 50.1 Speaker
This speaker has a white LED display that enables proper viewing with a Bluetooth range of up to 15 meters. This device comes with remote control for easy access from a distance. It comes with a USB/SD port for easy transfer and storage of data. This device’s digital FM works on PPL technology and stores up to 100 stations.
- Has remote control.
- The sound is crystal clear.
- Has five speakers and one subwoofer.
- Not a wireless speaker.
5. Tronica Republic Series 5.1 Multimedia Speaker
With this device, experience the cinema excitement with 5 satellite speakers built to enhance bass and sound quality. As a multimedia device, it supports an SD card, Pen drive, Aux, Bluetooth, etc.
- Clear quality sound.
- Good product design.
- Remote control.
- Best for small rooms.
- Cannot operate bass from remote.
6. Tronica Super King Series 5.1 Multimedia Speaker
This product has the same features as the Republic series. This is an updated version of the Republic series with higher sound quality.
- Remote control.
- Good product design.
- The cable is not lengthy.
7. IKALL TA-111 BT 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
This device has multiple connectivities like BT, USB, AUX cable. This speaker is compatible with devices produced in this modern age and time such as PC, Mobile Phones, DVDs, tablets, etc.
- Has six speakers.
- Produces high-quality and clear sound.
- No bass control button.
8. Krisons Nexon 5.1 Bluetooth Multimedia Home Theater
This amazing speaker brings home the movie theater experience. It comes with a 5.1 speaker system, Bluetooth connectivity, In-built FM radio, USB support, and Aux cable.
- Very affordable.
- Top-notch sound quality.
- Very stylish to fit any home décor.
- The cables are not long enough.
9. Acoustic Audio AA5102 800W 5.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System
This is a multimedia home theater speaker with high quality and clear sounds. It works on Bluetooth-enabled devices. Has a functional remote control. This product is compatible with Pc, phones, DVDs, etc.
- Loud and clear sound.
- It is easy to setup.
- Wires are not lengthy.
10. Impex 5.1 BRIO 45W Multimedia Bluetooth Speaker 1
This product has a great sound quality experience, it’s compatible with a various digital devices. It also has this unique design that compliments any house décor.
- Has a functional remote control.
- No LED displays
Every home theater has its distinct feature from one another depending on their prices. And you will always find a good home theater system within your budget frame.
Which is the best home theater brands in India?
There are a lot of good brands that produce excellent speakers like those listed above. Each brand will differ in cost depending on the features available. Go for a brand that fits into your price budget.
What is the home theater price in India?
They are different types of speakers in India with a different price range. Refer to the lists above to help you decide on which brand to purchase.
Is a 5.1 or 2.1 surround system better?
The more the speaker the better the audio experience. Therefore, the 5.1 surround system has 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer, and a 2.1 surround system has 2 speakers and one subwoofer.