A 3HP motor is a mechanical device that transfers or pumps water or other liquids from one level to another. Used for water tanks, blowers, pool pumping machines, and others, it pumps or supplies water to specific locations. 3Hp means 3 horsepower which is the power rating of the motor. They can come in a variety of forms but all perform the same functions. Also check the buyer’s guide for the best 1 HP Water Pumps, 1.5 HP Water Pump Motor, Kirloskar water pumps, Texmo Water Pumps, Submergible water pumps, High-Pressure water pumps, Crompton water pumps, Water Pipes, 12-volt Motors, 775 DC Motor, AAA Battery, AA Battery, Cooler Motor, solar street lights in India.
Top 10 Best 3 HP Motors in India-Buyers Guide
Features of 3HP Motor
- Motors must have a power source. this can be AC or DC power sources, magnetic drive, or a manual system of foot or hand pumps.
- The engine which does the main work of collecting and moving the content can be of two types.
- Either centrifugal or power displacement, both of which differ in design.
- But both will have an inlet for reviving the content and an outlet for pumping it out.
Types of 3HP Motors
- There are centrifugal and positive displacement motors.
- Centrifugal uses an impeller engine.
- This has curved blades that rotate and pushes content forward.
- It uses combustible or electrical power as its power source.
- Positive displacement uses cavities to gather content at one side and push it out using pressure.
- So, it releases content at regular intervals.
- Centrifugal types are axil, radial, and mixed flow.
- PD has reciprocating and rotary types.
How to use 3HP Motor?
- First, connect pipes to the motor’s inlet and outlet.
- The inlet draws in water or liquid from the main source.
- Next, connect the power source.
- This can be direct or with the use of a battery.
- Once the motor is running, the water pushes through the motor to the outlet pipe, then to the destination.
- Once done properly, there will be a steady flow.
Buyers guide for 3HP Motor
- First, determine what the motor is to transfer.
- This directly affects the wear and tear of the motor.
- Next is the amount you need to transfer as well as the speed you require to get the job done.
- This determines the motor type which can depend on the brand.
- Other things like the suction and outlet heads will determine what accessories you need.
- These all determine which motor to buy.
List of Top 10 Best 3 HP Motor in India-Buyers Guide
1. SONEE-DX Copper 3 HP 1440 RPM Single Phase Electric Motor
This is a 3 HP platinum SONEE-DX full load motor. With an inbuilt thermostat for overload and under-voltage protection. It has 180 to 220-volt output and the ability to run on both sides. An excellent motor pump for construction work.
- Does not require a motor starter to work
- Very durable and long-lasting
- Reasonable price
- Cannot be used for heavy-duty tasks
- Heavy for its size
2. TOPLAND Centrifugal Electric Monoset Pumps
Centrifugal pump motor by Topland Engines. With a corded electrical power source for a steady power supply. It generates enough power to pump 660 litres per limit. A very solid motor pump for a variety of tasks.
- Durable and sturdy motor
- Excellent pumping power
- Good value for money
- Hp output is bad sometimes
- Not well known or used
3. Taxmo Taro Water Pump
A handy water pump from taxmo taro. It has a solid metal built and Compaq engine. A small but sturdy engine with efficient work design and structure.
- Very easy to install and use
- Can operate with low power consumption
- The small size makes it portable
- Not easy to find
- Small size can be off-putting
4. V-Guard Single Phase Electric Motors
A single-phase 3HP motor from V Guard. It uses an AC single-phase, squirrel cage LV induction motor. It has a 230v capacity. With class B/F insulation and a bi-directional build. A sturdy motor for rugged field use and effective pump work.
- Excellent for use in aquaculture
- Very strong blower
- Excellent power consumption
- Heavy for a blower motor
- Needs a professional to handle it properly
5. Cromton Greaves Electric Motor
A single-phase 3 HP motor from Cromton Greaves CG has a low price. It comes with a 2.2kw and 220v power rating. It has a durable portable frame. With sheet steel powder coated body manufacture. It also houses a highly efficient double capacitor. A Compaq but the highly effective electric motor
- Easy to attach to other machines for use
- Durable and strong
- Portable and easy to use for almost any application
- Hard to get into the market
- Very loud when used
6. Orient Single Face Electric Motor
A solid and quality built 3hp 180kg aluminum pump motor from Orient. It is powerful enough to supply high buildings, overhead tanks, and sprinkler systems. Its low power consumption makes it long-lasting. It comes with the capacity to handle power fluctuations. This makes it very stable during pumping tasks.
- Durable and sturdy
- Efficient high-capacity water pump
- Lightweight and noiseless functionality
- exact power consumption is difficult to pin down
- difficult to find
7. Oswal Three Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Electric Motor
This is a Three-phase, 3HP induction motor from Oswal Pumps Ltd. It weighs 31.8kg. it comes with an efficient squirrel engine design. With the manual option of a foot-mounted starter. A heavy-duty worker motor for heavy-duty work.
- Strong three-phase design
- High efficiency and excellent power consumption
- Very good price
- Not widely used
- Needs to be properly secured before use
8. Havells 2 Pole Foot Mounted Motor
A three-phase, 3HP motor from Havell. It boasts stainless steel made with a foot-mounted motor. It weighs 17kg. it also has a power rating of 2.2kw, 420v. a small but powerful motor for efficient use.
- High-powered and energy-efficient
- Very sturdy build and quality
- Comes with two pole outlets and a high pump speed
- A bit high priced
- Heavy for portable use
9. Century Electric Motor Pump Motor
A Stainless-steel electric motor from century systems. It weighs 42 pounds as a whole. It has a power rating of 230v. it uses a threaded shaft, ball bearing, and a start and run capacitor. A solid electrical motor that can carry out various work tasks.
- Excellent pool pump motor
- Heavy capacity pump with non-return feature
- Excellent power management with automatic overload protection
- Not much information on the price
- Not easy to find
10. Godrej Lawkim Motors
A Permanently lubricated 3 hp single phase motor from Godrej has a low price. its motor comes with full copper winding. It has a start and runs capacitor feature. It has a glossy sheet metal body design. With an enclosed fan cool construction and a cast-iron frame.
- Durable and strong build and quality
- Heavy-duty usability
- Permanently lubricated motor
- Difficult to gauge the efficiency
- Difficult to find
A 3hp motor or motor pump is a significant device for pumping. Be it for pumping water, other sensitive liquids, or even air, the right type of motor is necessary. As it comes in various types and makes for different preferences in work, there is a wide variety to choose from. As a user, making the right decision in getting the right motor is dependent on following requirements and selecting the best quality and price for the job at hand.
How fast does a 3-hp motor go?
A 3hp motor runs between 2500 and 3600 rpm (revolutions per minute). This means a single-phase 3Hp motor can flow from 100-500lpm (litres per minute). Depending on the size of the tank or container used, it will take a relatively short time with a 3hp motor.
How much power does a 3-hp motor use?
The power rating differs depending on the horsepower and phase design of the motor. A single-phase 3hp motor uses about 2.2 units per hour. This means it runs at about 2.5kw and 250v. this makes it very efficient in use for multiple tasks.
what is the cost of a 3-hp motor?
Depending on the brand, type, and structure, a 3hp motor pump can cost between 17000 to 30000. This may also differ when considering bonus packages or deals of the supplier. Also, some prices are not determined as they are unavailable. These can differ with changes in market prices.