A 3d pen can help you draw a raised graphic on a piece of paper. Beyond paper, you can draw raised graphics on almost all flat surfaces using a 3d pen. In fact, with a little 3d pens practice, you can get to a level where you can be drawing on air! Also known as 3d doodler pens, it doesn’t use normal ink. On the contrary, it is fed with filament (usually of plastic-like material). Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Kitchen sets, Doctor set for kids online in India.
It is this filament that is extruded from the pen’s nozzle. It comes out the way ink would come out of a normal pen’s nib. 3d pens have become popular gift items for children and adults alike. In children, 3d drawing pens can promote creativity greatly.
List of Top 10 Best 3d Pens in India
Features of a 3d Pen
- Most 3d pens come with USB cables and adapters, through which they connect to power sources.
- The best 3d pens come with stands on which they can be rested when not in use.
- This is to prevent the filament from accidentally burning someone.
- The best 3d pens have the automatic capability to go off if not used for a given number of minutes.
- Again, this is to prevent the filament from accidentally burning someone.
- Weight is important in a 3d pen.
- The best 3d doodler pens are light enough for comfortable usage.
- Modern 3d pens have anti-clogging features and heat up fast.
Types of 3d Pens
- There are some 3d pens that are compatible with both PLA and ABS filaments.
- Then there are those that seem to be only compatible with PLA filaments.
- Some 3d pens have 5V 3A adapters, even as others come with 5V 2A adapters.
- There are 3d pens designed primarily for kids.
- Then there are 3d pens that are primarily designed for adult 3d drawing enthusiasts and professionals.
How to use a 3d Pen?
- A 3d drawing pen usually has to be connected to a power source before use.
- Most come with USB cables and adapters for this.
- After connecting to a power source, the 3d pen starts heating up.
- Once it is sufficiently heated up (as per an indicator light on it), you insert the filament.
- Once the filament melts (and starts being extruded from the pen’s nozzle), you start drawing.
- Most of the pens have mechanisms through which you can hasten or slow down filament extrusion.
- Once you are through with the drawing, you simply power off the pen.
Buying guide for 3d Pen
- The 3d pens you buy should ideally be one that has anti-clogging capacities.
- That is because clogging tends to be a major problem with these pens.
- You should ideally go for a 3d drawing pen that is not too heavy and has a good grip.
- The 3d pens you buy should (obviously) be one that comes with an adapter and USB cable.
- Otherwise shopping for those things separately can be very hard.
- The pen should also ideally come with some filaments to start off with.
- And the types of filaments it uses should be easy to find in the market when the need to refill arises.
- It may be best to shop for 3d pens online.
- That is because there are more 3d drawing pens to choose from and better prices online.
List of Top 10 Best 3d Pens in India-Buyers Guide
1. Idrawing 3D Pen Intelligent Drawing Printing doodler pens
This is an ideal gift for kids and adults alike. It is easy to use and can be quite durable.
- Uses easily available PLA filaments
- Relatively little weight
- Heats up quite fast
- Slightly high price
- The nozzle may be initially rather sensitive for beginners
2. WOL 3D Ganesha Grey 3D Pens
This 3d pen comes with a free starter filament. Has a compact design for easy use.
- Uses both PLA and ABS filaments
- Has a LED screen
- Lightweight and easy to draw with
- Buttons are initially stubborn to press
- First-time filament replacement requires patience (but you soon get a hang of it)
3. Itouch plus 3D Pens for art & Craft
This is one of the most fairly-priced 3d pens. Suitable even for adult professional use.
- Comes at a relatively lower price
- Has a (resting) stand for filament safety
- Very lightweight pen
- Speed control buttons are very basic
- Takes some while to heat up
4. A3 3D Printing Pens Professional
Here is a 3d pen whose design is so sleek that it could be mistaken for a normal pen. Also comes with an OLED screen.
- Has a rather comfortable grip
- Comes with an OLED working indicator
- Gives enough working speed options
- Goes for a slightly higher price
- Often needs an adapter to use
5. 3 idea Imagine Create Print Anet 3D Printing Drawing Pens
This is one of the 3d pens that are very ideal for kids. Easy to use and easy to maintain.
- Good safety features
- Very user-friendly 3d pen
- Can be used even outdoors (with a power bank or computer USB power source)
- Slightly heavy pen
- May struggle with very heavy-duty 3d drawing tasks
6. Magicwand® 3D Drawing Printing Pens with LCD Display
This is one of the cheaper 3d pens. Yet in spite of its low price, it is quite sophisticated.
- Has a LCD display
- Uses very little power
- Very low price (compared to others)
- Packaging is not very inspiring
- Doesn’t heat up very fast
7. Sp traders 3d Pens For kids
Here is another of those 3d drawing pens that are primarily designed for kids. Its price is also relatively pocket-friendly.
- Good safety features
- PVC base material, hence durable
- Body allows for good grip
- Filament refills can be slightly costly
- User manual slightly hard to understand
8. Super Debug 3D Pens-2 Professional
This is one of the most versatile 3d pens, in terms of what it can be used for. It has an ergonomic design for user convenience.
- Lightweight and good grip
- Heats up relatively fast
- Can handle heavy-duty 3d drawing quite well
- First time setup requires patience
- Indicator screen somehow wanting
9. REES52 Intelligent 3D Pens 3D
Here is another very nicely priced 3d pen. Has capability to heat filament very fast and start working.
- One of the least priced 3d pens
- Has decent safety features
- Plastic-based (hence very lightweight)
- Has strict power usage requirements
- Control buttons may seem stubborn initially
10. 3D Pens Second Generation
This 3d pen is sold with plenty of free filament to start you off. It is also easy to use and efficient.
- Has a digital display for adjustments
- Very silent in operation
- Compact design and good grip
- User manual somewhat hard to make sense of
- Heating is relatively slower
A 3d pen can help you achieve design and creativity possibilities that were otherwise out of reach. In this guide, we have provided the information you need to make a good 3D pen purchase decision.
What is the best 3d pen to buy?
The best 3d to buy is one with a high-quality nozzle, lightweight and safety features.
What is the price of the 3d pen?
Most are in the 1400 to 2,700 Indian rupees range