A 3-liter pressure cooker is a medium-capacity vessel used in preparing foods at fast speeds. The pressure cooker 3-litre vessel is normally enough for 3 to 4 people’s food. Thus if you have a 3 to 4 people household, the pressure cooker 3-liter vessel can suit you. The cooker has a main body and a tight lid. When the pressure cooker 3-liter vessel is in use, this lid traps steam which results in higher pressure. Higher pressure leads to greater temperatures and consequently more expeditious cooking.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Pressure Cookers, 5 Liters Pressure Cookers, Prestige Pressure Cookers, Hawkins Cookers, Electric Rice Cookers, Electric kettles, Microwave ovens, OTG Ovens, Induction stoves, Electric stoves, Electric Tandoors, Electric Lunch boxes, Egg boilers, Pizza Makers, Idli Makers in India.
Top 10 Best Pressure Cookers 3 Liters in India
Features of Pressure Cooker 3 Liter
- The base structure is one very important feature in a pressure cooker 3-litre vessel. The important aspects here are the thickness as well as the shape of the vessel’s base. This can have an effect on stability: how well the vessel sits on the heating stove. It also directly impacts the speed and evenness with which the vessel conducts heat.
- Another very key feature in the pressure cooker 3 litre vessel is the handle structure. The main concern here is what material the handle is made from, its shape, its grip and its length. While working with the vessel, you mostly hold onto the handle. So it should be a good handle.
- Safety valve structure is also a key feature in a pressure cooker 3-litre vessel. Here, the concern is on what metal the valve is made from. There is also a concern about how well-shielded it is from accidental damage.
- Further, an ideal pressure cooker 3 litre vessel should allow good food visibility and ease of stirring the food inside.
Types of Pressure Cookers 3 Liter
- There are straight wall pressure cooker 3-litre vessels. The straight wall pressure cooker 3-litre vessel may be easier to handle. But it may at times prove a bit tricky to stir whatever is cooking inside it.
- Then there are curved wall pressure cooker 3-litre vessels. Conversely, stirring whatever is in a curved wall vessel is always easy. But handling such a curved wall vessel can at times be a tricky affair.
- There are pressure cooker 3 litre vessels that only work with one type of heat source (say, only gas).
- Then there are versatile pressure cooker 3 litre vessels that work many types of heat sources.
- So you may find one that has both gas stove and induction stove compatibility.
Buying Guide for Pressure Cooker 3 Liter
- It is important for you to buy a pressure cooker 3 liter vessel that has a good warranty. If a vessel has a good warranty, that means its vendor has some confidence in its quality. So this is very reassuring.
- Further, it is important for you to only buy a pressure cooker 3 liter vessel whose price is reasonably fair.
- Note that the pressure cooker 3 litre price is not always dependent solely on quality.
- Some pressure cooker brands just cost more, with no better quality features.
- On another note, you should only buy a pressure cooker 3 liter vessel that will be easy to maintain.
How To Use Pressure Cooker 3 Liter?
- The pressure cooker 3 litre vessel hastens the cooking process through the use of steam pressure.
- You therefore just put food in it and close the lid tightly (so that the steam does not escape).
- Then after making the pressure setting, you turn on the heat.
- This could be induction stove heat or gas stove heat. Once the pressure cooker 3 liter vessel heats up sufficiently, the liquid in it will boil and once the liquid boils, there will be steam: which does not escape as the lid is tightly locked.
- It is this steam’s pressure that will then lead to the production of high cooking temperatures. But once the food is ready, you have to be careful to release the extra pressure. Then you may open up the pressure cooker 3 liter vessel.
List of Top 10 Best Pressure Cookers 3 Liters in India-Buyers Guide
1. Pigeon Stovekraft 3 Liter Aluminium Pressure Cooker
The base is designed to allow usage on gas stoves and electric induction stoves as well. The cooker comes with a strong outer lid.
- The efficiency rating for this cooker is quite high
- This cooker’s price is one of the lowest in the pressure cookers niche
- Its base is very stable
- Scrubbing stains off this aluminum cooker may at times prove to be a challenge
- Its handle may be prone to breaking if you handle it too roughly
2. Prestige Popular 3 Liter Silver Pressure Cooker
This is a well-designed aluminium metal cooker. It is compatible with various types of gas stoves too.
- It comes with a modern knob lock system
- The outer lid in this cooker is very hygienic
- This cooker’s handles provide a perfect grip
- There may be a slight color change with time (since the metal is aluminium)
- Its rather low weight may take some time to get used to
3. Hawkins Contura 3 Liter Aluminium Inner Lid Cooker
This is one of the best cookers for use on gas stoves. It has a wholly curved body design.
- This cooker’s design makes it quite easy to scoop food from inside it
- The handles never heat up excessively
- With its rounded sides, you spend less effort stirring food inside it
- Its base is only moderately thick, at 3.25 mm
- It has a brushed (rather than polished) finish
4. Butterfly Curve 3 Liter Stainless Steel Cooker
This is a classy-looking outer lid cooker. It has an induction-compatible base.
- Its handle allows for rotation in all directions
- Working with this cooker does not require much energy, as it has an ergonomic design
- This is quite an affordable cooker for most people
- Its rubber gasket may require careful handling
- In this cooker, the handle washer is green in color (which for some may be less than ideal)
5. Vinod 18/8 Stainless Steel 3 Liters Regular Pressure Cooker
A modern cooker with an appropriately thick base. Comes with a heat-resistant handle.
- This cooker has a full 2-year warranty
- Its outer lid design translates into a need for less effort and time in cleaning
- It comes with foolproof safety features
- Operation mode is manual only
- Food may at times seem to stick to the bottom
6. UCOOK Royale Duo Inner Lid (Black) Pressure Cooker
What you get here is an aluminium cooker, with a stainless steel lid. You may cook with it on either a gas or electric induction stove.
- This is an extra strong anodized aluminum cooker
- Its handles are injection moulded which makes a better grip possible
- The safety valve has no lead
- The nuts for the handle may get a bit loose with time
- It has a curved (rather than a straight wall) body
7. DIVYA 3 Liters Handi Pressure Cooker
Constructed with a pure virgin aluminum metal material. It has an inside-fitting lid.
- Its interior has the hygienic looking polished mirror finish
- The gasket lasts long
- It regulates pressure automatically
- It has a somewhat basically designed handle
- Though its warranty is long (at 5 years), it has limitations
8. SUMMIT Inner Lid 3 Liter Silver Prime Pressure Cooker
This is a glossy-looking cooker. It comes with a top-quality outer lid.
- This is an easily cleanable cooker
- Its Bakelite handle is remarkably sturdy
- It comes at a low price
- The lid is not dishwasher safe
- It has a straight wall design with no curve (which can make food stirring tricky in certain cases)
9. Pioneer Hard Anodised 3 Litres Junior Pressure Pan
What you get here is a strong, hard anodized cooker. It is fully black in color on the exterior.
- This cooker has a heavy base (for efficient heat conduction)
- The cooker’s body is somewhat scratch resistant
- Food does not stick to the bottom of this cooker
- It is unsuitable for cooking with if you only have an induction stove (since it is a non-induction cooker)
- The gasket may require replacing at some point down the line
10. Prashanti Ganga 3 Litre Junior Pressure Pan
This is a robust and smooth cooker. It has a 3-millimeter thick base.
- It is built from nontoxic metal
- The cooker’s handle is user-friendly
- This cooker helps in controlling food spillage
- It takes quite a while to sufficiently build pressure
- Stains on it may show too easily (as it is an aluminum cooker)
A good quality 3 liter pressure cooker can help you in preparing a wide range of dishes efficiently. While shopping for the 3 liter pressure cooker, the information in this guide can be of great help to you.
Which is the best 3 litre pressure cooker?
One that is efficient and user-friendly.
What is the price of 3 litre cooker?
Pressure cooker 3 litre price mostly ranges from 700 to 2500 Indian rupees, depending on features.
Is 3 liter pressure cooker enough for small family?
Yes, it can work well enough for a family of 3 or 4 people.