Memory cards have made it easier to store data in the form of thousands of pictures and videos. These are small electronic storage devices, that help you save and protect your files. Memory cards are available in different sizes, different data speeds, and different capacities.
To store data and information, memory cards are usually inserted in mobile phones, digital cameras, game devices, TVs, and other electronic devices. To store data, it is better to have several memory cards with smaller capacities to store data so that not all data is lost when anything happens to it. Else, a 256 GB memory card has a huge space to hold thousands of your pictures and videos all safely in one place.
Also, Check The Buyers Guide for the Best 8GB Memory Cards, 16 Gb memory Cards, 32 GB Memory Card, 128GB Memory Cards, 512 GB Memory Cards, Sandisk Memory Cards, Samsung Memory Cards, Memory Card Readers, wireless keyboard & Mouse, Hard disk covers, 32GB Pendrive, 64GB Pendrive, 128GB Pendrive, OTG pen drives, 512 GB SSD, 1TB SSD, SSD for Laptops, 4TB External Hard drive, Dell i7 laptops, Dell i5 Laptops, Dell Vostro laptops, Dell Inspiron Laptops, HP Laptops, HP i5 Laptops, HP i7 Laptops, HP Pavilion Laptops, Hp Elitebook laptops, HP Omen Laptops, HP Laptops under 30000, i9 Laptops, i7 Laptops, i5 Laptops, Lenovo Laptops, Lenovo Thinkpad, Lenovo Ideapad, Acer Laptops, Toshiba Laptops, Asus Laptops, Acer Laptop Batteries, Lenovo laptop Batteries, Dell Laptop Batteries, Hp Laptop Batteries, Dell i3 Laptops in India.
Top 10 Best 256GB Memory Card Brands in India
Features of 256GB memory card
- In one GB of a memory card, as many as 580 pictures can be stored. So when it comes to 256 GB of memory card, the multiplication will tell you how great the capacity is.
- It can hold as many as 70k pictures all in one memory card.
- This data is for an average resolution of the pictures.
- A similar card can be used on various devices which is a bonus.
- Memory cards have a better shockproof ability as compared to hard disks or Cd ROMS.
Types of 256GB memory cards
- The different sizes and different devices that memory cards are used for give different types of memory cards.
- MicroP2, Compact Flash, SD cards are a few of the great types of memory cards.
- The capacities differ from 2GB to 512GB were the greater the GBs, the greater the capacity.
- The compact flash cards are larger than SD cards.
- The microSD cards have a maximum capacity of 32 GB.
Buyers Guide for 256GB memory card
Ensure the following points before buying a memory card:
- The first point to note when buying a memory card is the amount of storage. Larger storage gives better memory card.
- The speed of the card must be faster for fast data transfer.
- Choose the size of the card accordingly to the device.
- Likewise, according to what is stored in the memory card the card is chosen.
- Also, for photography, it is important to select faster speed ratings.
Uses of 256 GB memory card?
- Memory cards are the easiest options to store data.
- Likewise, to make this external storage permanent internal storage, there is an option of Adoptable storage on Android phones that allows this feature.
- Insert the pin into the hole beside the memory card holder to open it.
- Pull out the tray from the memory card holder gently.
- Place the golden-coloured lines on the memory card downwards on the tray.
- To secure it, gently press the tray back into the memory cardholder.
- If you have turned off your phone, open it, and choose the memory card storage as your main storage in settings.
List of Top 10 Best 256GB memory card in India
The following are the 10 best memory cards.
1. SanDisk 256GB Class 10 MicroSD Card
SanDisk Memory Cards are ideal for mobile phones and tablets. The following are the pros and cons.
- Transfer speed is up to 100MB/s
- Loads apps faster
- Ideal for Android-based smartphones.
- No cons according to reviews.
2. Samsung EVO Plus Grade 3, Class 10 256GB MicroSDXC
The Samsung EVO plus has additional memory capacity. It also has multi-device functionality which is a bonus. The following are the pros and cons
- Samsung Memory Card comes with 10 years warranty.
- Additionally, it comes with an adapter.
- Also, the read and write speeds are very fast.
- Excluded recovery software.
- Has a higher price than other cards.
3. Strontium Nitro A1 128GB Micro SDXC Memory Card
This Strontium memory card has high performance and the data sharing is relatively easy as compared to other memory cards. The following are the pros and cons.
- Reading speed is too fast.
- Additionally, it has space as advertised.
- The reviews show that the card reader it comes with doesn’t work.
- The adapter is also useless.
4. Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card
This Card from Samsung is ideal for recording videos up to 4k resolution. The following are the pros and cons.
- Samsung Memory Card comes with a full-size adapter.
- They are used in laptops, desktops, cameras, phones, etc.
- The read and write speeds are very high.
- No such cons are known.
5. Toshiba M203 256GB Class 10 Micro SD Memory Card
Toshiba is a multinational Japanese company that has introduced various UT products. Here are the pros and cons of their memory cards.
- Toshiba Memory Card comes at a reasonable price compared to other memory cards.
- Has a very decent and best performance.
- It has a variety of capacities.
- It is Slower than high-end cards.
6. Lexar High-Performance microSDXC
This memory card from Lexar is considered one of the bests in its job. But every good thing comes with some cons and here are the pros and cons of this product.
- The Lexar Memory card has High video recording speeds.
- It comes with an adapter.
- Not as fast as other cards.
7. SanDisk Extreme pro UHS-II
There is no doubt that this card is one of the fastest in the memory card market. However, the pros and cons of this item are mentioned below:
- Ideal for recording high-resolution videos compared to other cards.
- Also, it is used for taking continuous shots.
- Likewise, it is a bit overpriced.
8. Transcend U3 UHS
This Transcend Memory card is suitable for recording 4k videos and high-end photography. The following are the pros and cons of this product.
- Can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Additionally, suitable for quick photography tasks
- Less writing and reading speed than others.
9. Sandisk Ultra SDHC
This is a regular Sandisk card but with excellent performance. The following are the pros and cons of this product.
- It has excellent storage.
- Also, gives very Good Performance
- Additionally, low prices.
- Likewise, the read and write speed is very high.
- Only suitable for everyday purposes.
- Also not suitable for continuous shooting.
10. Kingston Canvas MicroSDHC
Kingston Technology is a company based in the USA. It is one of the greatest companies in the world producing IT products. RAMs, keyboards, SD cards are a few of the products they produce. The following are the pros and cons of this product given by Kingston company.
- Unmatchable transfer speeds
- Also, comes with a Lifetime warranty
- Last longer.
- Very much overly priced.
SD cards are flash memories used to store your data. They are used to increase the storage capacity of any device you insert them in. Likewise, Mobile phones, TVs, tablets, DVD ROMS, etc are some of the products in which memory cards are used. It enables you to store all your data such as photographs, videos, data, information, files, etc.
- How much does a 256 GB SD card hold?
A 256 GB SD card holds approximately 2 lac or more pictures. It can also hold 1280 minutes of video recording of higher resolutions.
- What is the best 256 GB micro SD card?
The SanDisk 256 GB ultra SDXC is the best card to hold space of 256 GB.
- What is the price of a 256 GB memory card?
The Indian prices of 256 GB cards vary from 4k to 10k depending on the space provided.