A 24-volt battery is a device that stores electric power for future usage. It can function as a UPS for a laptop or even a desktop computer. The 24-volt battery may also function as the storage unit in a solar power system. Further, the 24-volt battery may provide the power to run an e-bike. That may be either for an adult e-bike or a toy e-bike for kids. In all cases, what the battery does is develop a potential difference (PD) during charging. Then during usage, as the potential difference in the battery resolves, it produces a current. And that is what runs the other devices depending on the 24-volt battery for power.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks India.
Top 10 Best 24 Volt Batteries in India
Features of 24 Volt Battery
- One key feature of a 24-volt battery is the charge controller. This may influence how well the battery charges, and how durable it is likely to be.
- Another key feature of a 24-volt battery is the casing. This has an influence on the hardiness of the battery, its potential durability, and even its safety.
- Yet another key feature of a 24-volt battery is the charging time requirement. From this, you can tell whether it will be a fast charging or a slow-charging battery.
- The nature of the connectors that a 24-volt battery comes with is important. So are features like overcharge, short circuit, and over-discharge as well as overload protections.
- Ideally, the battery should also have some sort of display (ideally LCD), to show its status at various times.
Types of 24 Volt Batteries
- There are lead-acid 24-volt batteries. Then there are lithium-ion 24-volt batteries. The lithium-ion 24-volt batteries tend to be capable of charging faster. But they may at times be costlier than the lead acid 24-volt batteries.
- There are 24-volt batteries that are versatile (and can be used in many different applications). Then there are 24-volt batteries that are meant for certain specific uses – say, as storage units for solar power. The latter may require major alterations to serve other roles.
Buying Guide for 24 Volt Battery
- Firstly, you need to ask yourself what exactly you need a 24-volt battery for. Is it to serve as a grid power backup system? Or is it to serve as a storage unit for solar power? Is it to be a computer UPS? Or is it for running an e-bike? Just figure out your main need. Then go for a battery that is ideal for that role.
- At the very least, go for a 24-volt battery that charges quite fast. And go for one that is able to store power for reasonably long periods of time. Be sure that the 24-volt battery you buy is easy to install.
- If there is an inverter to use along with the 24 v battery, ensure that it is not too noisy.
- Also, consider the 24-volt battery price. Ensure that you are paying a good amount, for the utility you are getting.
- Check the warranty that the battery comes with, its duration, and what it covers.
How To Use 24 Volt Battery?
- Upon getting your 24-volt battery, the first step is to inspect it. You do this to ensure that it is in good condition.
- Once you are sure that the battery is in good condition, you need to charge it. Ensure that you use the right connectors for the respective terminals.
- After the battery is full, you may start using it to power whatever device you had in mind. If the battery has some sort of display, this will come in handy in telling you when it is full.
- If what you bought is a lead acid battery, you should be replacing the water that causes the reaction regularly. You may also need to replace the acid once in a while. There is also the aspect of cleaning the terminals, of removing the buildup that tends to come up there.
List of Top 10 Best 24 Volt Batteries in India
1. Microtek 1KVA 24V Online UPS
What you get here is a unit with 2 lead acid Microtek batteries, each of which gives 12 volts 9 AH. Very ideal for keeping a laptop or computer running during power outages.
- The design is quite compact
- Its LCD display is top notch
- The entire unit is built on cutting-edge PFC tech
- The fan on it may make quite a bit of noise
- Requires 6 whole hours to charge fully
2. UTL Gamma+ 1kVA 24V Battery Solar Inverter
UTL gamma battery can serve as a storage unit for solar power units but is also capable of drawing charge from the grid when needed. Gives pure sine wave output.
- Comes with many safety protections (including overheating, overload as well as over and under frequency)
- Can greatly help reduce mains (grid) power usage, as it prioritizes solar
- Includes multi-colour LCD to show battery status
- Weight at 13 kg may be too much for some people
- Requires monthly equalizing
3. MAENT 24V Lithium Ion Battery Pack
Suitable for powering Bluetooth speakers, UPS, toy cars, and other devices. The Maent batteries in it are of the lithium-ion rather than lead acid type.
- This is a rather hardy batter pack (thanks to its 1 mmm Epoxy casing)
- Light in weight and small in size (hence highly portable)
- The price is relatively low
- Once the lithium-ion batteries degrade, replacement may not be too easy
- Not ideal for use in parallel (for people who want more power)
4. Magic Power 24 Volts (5 A) Alkaline/Lead Acid Inverter Battery Charger
Designed to charge at a constant 5 Ampere current. Comes complete with 2 ft wire and crocodile connectors.
- Works on cutting-edge SMPS CC CV tech
- Charge quite fast
- Includes reverse battery protection
- Its display is only a simple analog ammeter
- Can’t charge a single battery (2 batteries have to be present for charging to take place)
5. SS Power (Lithium Ion) Down Tube Battery
Ideal for use on e-bikes and other such devices. It may keep an e-bike running for as much as 50 km on a single charge.
- The battery pack is fully waterproof
- It has easily detachable batteries
- Very compact in size and light in weight
- Doesn’t have much in the way of a battery status display
- Requires quite some time to charge fully
6. DMEX.in Smart 24V 100Ah Lithium Ion LiFePO4 Battery
Suitable for use as solar storage. Comes with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Suitable for connection in series (to yield 48 volts)
- It has a solid measured capacity of more than 102 amperes
- The cells are of top-notch grade-A quality
- Price may be out of reach for some
- Weight is quite high, at about 20 kg
7. Tunnel 24v 20ah (Lithium-ion) Rechargeable Battery
What you get here is a battery and charger, suitable for use in running e-bikes. Comes ready for use, complete with connectors.
- Charges quite fast
- Compact size and easy to install on an e-bike
- Comes with a long (2-year) warranty
- It may be unsuitable for certain applications (given its ampere-hour rating)
- The lithium-ion batteries may be tricky to replace once worn out
8. SYSPRO Power House 24 Volts 10 Amps Automatic Battery Charger
Comes with a heavy-duty DC fan for transformer unit protection. Works at 50 KHz frequency.
- It has a digital display
- The price is quite low
- Includes protection against reverse polarity
- Quite delicate and requires careful handling
- May prove quite hard to repair in case it malfunctions
9. Auto Cutoff 24V Lithium Ion Ebike Battery Charger
Charges at 3-ampere current. Requires 230 volts AC input voltage.
- Portable (due to compact size and lightweight)
- Charges quite fast
- Cost is within most people’s reach
- May not be suitable for certain charging applications
- Doesn’t have a sophisticated display unit for charging status
10. ACRA 24V 500AMP Dual Battery For Multi System
What you get here is a 4-pin high current contact relay. Ensures that the main battery doesn’t discharge if power is drawn from it while the vehicle engine is off.
- It has high-temperature resistance
- The thick copper screw guarantees the smooth current flow
- Its shell is solid (hence hardier, more durable and safer)
- Fitting may be quite a challenge at first
- A repair could be tricky if it malfunctions
A good quality 24-volt battery can help you store power for running various devices even when you are off-grid. This guide will greatly help you while seeking to buy a decent 24-volt battery for various uses.
How many amps does a 24-volt battery have?
The actual measured capacity may be as high as 102 amperes or even more.
How long do 24-volt batteries last?
They can serve for as many as 5 years, with good care.
What is the price of the 24-volt batteries?
24-volt battery price is mostly in the 7,000-17,000 Indian rupees range, depending on quality, brand and other factors.