2 in 1 tap or two-way taps allow the flow of water in two directions or out of two outlets which allows for the choice of the directional flow of water. Usually, two separate outlets are connected to either hand showers or tub faucets, or even washing machine supply pipes. Unlike normal taps which are mounted on the sink, 2-way taps are wall-mounted above the space for easier flow control.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Water Taps, wall mixer taps, sink Mixers, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps, Bathroom Showers, Washbasins, Cera Washbasins, sintex water tanks, 100 litres water tanks, HDPE Pipes, CPVC Pipes, uPVC Pipes, Hose pipes, Drip Irrigation Kits, water pipes, Conduit Pipe, Steel Pipes, Copper pipes, Jaquar Taps, Instant water heaters, Hindware taps, Kitchen Sinks, Cera Wash Basins, Parryware Wash Basins, Jaquar Washbasins, Wash Basins, Table Top Washbasins, Nylon ropes, Hand Showers, Shower for Bathrooms, Flush Tanks, Western Toilet Seats, Jaquar Geysers, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geysers, Racold Geysers, Gas Geysers, Crompton Geysers, Solar water heaters, V Guard Geysers, 500 Liters Water Tanks, Plastic Water Tanks, Supreme Water Tanks, Sintex Water Tanks, 1000 Liters Water Tanks, Septic Tank Cleaners, Western Toilet Closets in India
Top 10 Best 2 in 1 Tap in India
Features of 2 in 1 Tap
- A single or double lever/knob, single spout, and an extra threaded outlet, usually under the tap. This is meant for the attachment of pipe for accessories or alternate flow.
- Most use a diverter valve that pushes water to a selected, outlet like a showerhead. A standard valve releases water in a general flow to any open outlet. Making them better for double-lever taps for easier controls.
- All are wall-mounted.
Types of 2 in 1 Taps
- There are two types; single and double knobs.
- The single knobs allow for water flow control from a single knob or handle or lever. The water source used is controlled by the directional turn of the knob for both individual flow and dual-flow release.
- Double knobs allow for more individualized control of both outlets depending on the one turned. Turning both releases both water sources in a single powerful stream.
How to use 2 in 1 Tap?
- Mount the tap on a wall above the sink.
- Connect the back thread to the main source of water and the bottom threaded outlet to your alternate use like a showerhead or washing machine.
- For single levers, turn in various directions to release either source. Or lock the head of the alternative source (like a showerhead) to allow flow to the main outlet.
- For double turn either tap for use.
Buyer’s guide for 2 in 1 Tap
- It is necessary to know the type needed for your household (single or double knob) as well as their structure, function, and use.
- it is also smart to decide beforehand where they will be installed; (bathroom or kitchen), and what attachments will be added (hand showers or washing machines).
- Available brands also matter as they decide the durability, price, and quality of the taps that will best serve your purposes.
List of Top 10 Best 2 in 1 Tap in India Buyers Guide
1. ALTON Bib Tap
Alton 2 in 1 bib tap comes with a silver wall attachment flange. Brass ingots and copper casting for the durable frame. The aerator comes with the capacity for softening steam mode. This allows for better foam flow control for streamlined water control.
- Comes with an additional valve for a hand shower attachment
- Durable internal fittings
- Comparatively low price
- Basic installation tools can damage the product
- Prone to leakage after a few months of use
2. Hindware 2 in 1 Contessa Plus
This 2-in-1 virgin brass bibcock with chrome finished faucet. It is easy to install with an elegant design to fit the bathroom aesthetic. With an angular-shaped spout for excellent water control and optimization.
- Has feature to allow for either hand or toilet shower attachment
- Full brass and chrome materials allow for sturdy use
- Easily installed and fitted.
- Low water pressure
- Some individual parts may have quality or fitting issues.
3. Kamal 2 in 1 Angle Cock
This 2 in 1 two-way directional tap is better placed near toilets as both outlets open at the same time for the conservation of water. It is made of high-quality materials for better durability and sturdiness. It comes with a brass chrome-plated anti-rust elegant finishing.
- Compact size and heavy feel add to the durability count
- Dual directional flow with a single control valve for two separate outlets.
- Cost-effective price
- Small size may lead to fitting issues during installation.
- Depending on use, you may need an adapter for additional thread length
4. 10x Bib Tap 2 Way BC
This 2-in-1 Bip tap comes with a 2-way 15mm wall-mounted brass with chrome finishing for elegantly balanced work. Its water-saving aerators and brass disc cartridges allow for better water flow and control.
- It is compatible with washing machine
- Universal compatibility with wall sockets
- Easy installation
- Leakages are known to occur with the components
- Quality may be below expected standards
5. ZAP Prime 2 in 1 Bib Cock Tap
Also known as ZAP Breeza, this innovative faucet controls water pressure and provides a beautiful sturdy device for longer-lasting use. It is made of complete brass with chrome finished tap and flange support. Easily useful for bathroom and kitchen
- Reasonable prices for the product
- it is easy to remove and clean the filter
- The broad lever allows for easy access and use
- The products are of poor quality
- It can be prone to rust and corrosion
6. JAGGER Turbo Full Brass 2 in 1 tap
Built for use with washing machines, this wall-mounted 2-way tap gives a wonderful experience in washing your bathrooms and kitchens. It comes with a foam flow aerator for easy foam flow and water control. All this with an aesthetic and pleasing design at a highly economical rate.
- The addition of Teflon tape aids in water leakage prevention
- Reasonable price for the brand
- Easy to install
- The materials are delicate and easy to damage during installation
- The tap is susceptible to rust and corrosion.
7. SBD Brass 2 in 1 Two Way Bib Cock
This wall-mounted stainless steel tap faucet is made of solid brass and glossy chrome plating. It has a 2-way function that can be used as a standard tap or angle valve. Both ways are simply controlled by individual handles.
- The product is compatible with hand showers
- Its two-way function allows for multiple uses.
- The product comes at an affordable price
- The short thread portions behind the tap make installation difficult
- The small size of the tap can be problematic to handle or adjust
8. Drizzle Angle Valve Flora 2 in 1
The drizzle flora is a 2 in 1 special made of standard brass materials with chrome-plated finishing. Its quarter-turn tap and angle valve stop cock allows for better water flow control. It has a drizzle angle cock as well as wall flanges for elegance and high performance
- Its build is suitable for hot water geysers
- The tap comes with a Dual directional feature
- The angle cock allows for attachment of health faucet, jet spay, and tank flush
- The materials are of bad quality
- The Lever/knob control can be stiff and difficult to turn.
9. Bath Guru Stainless Steel Two Way 2 in One Bib Cock Tap
The bath guru Bib-cock 2 in 1 is made of stainless steel materials and chrome finishing. It has an excellent ceramic cartridge with 0.3-micron chromium plating for easy spray-head water control. It comes with wall flanges and Teflon tape for easier installation.
- Good price for the full product
- It is easy to install for nonprofessionals
- The addition of a Teflon tape helps with leakage prevention and control
- The product has issues with the fittings
- Generally, there is a poor quality of the components of the product
10. QUICK SILVER Delta Brass 2 in 1 Bib Cock
Made of grade-A quality brass with chrome-plated finishing. It is an elegantly designed 2-in-1 water faucet with a smooth quarter-turn lever for better water flow control. For extra durability, it has multiple layers of electroplating (titanium, chromium, and nickel). It has wall flange support.
- It is easy to install and service
- Standard large size makes it easy to handle
- Good quality materials used.
- Leakage prone
- Not a good value of money spent
Like anything worth doing, it is worth doing well, and this is no exception. Choosing a 2-in-1 or two-way water tap for your home is not easy. But with the information provided here, you should be able to make an informed decision amongst the very best available. With the aid of a professional plumber to ensure smooth and efficient installation, you will have the very product for your specific need.
What is the best 2-in-1 tap?
The best tap depends on a combination of different features including durability, ease of use, and affordability. No matter the brand, as long as a balance can be found among these, you have the best.
What is the use of 2 in 1 tap?
The 2 in 1 is a tap that allows for the connection of water from a single source to two separate outlets.
What is the price of 2 in 1 tap?
Depending on brand and type, the price ranges between 499 to 1200 rupees.