All smartphone users know about the importance of 16 GB memory card expandable storage. People are constantly using smartphones, tablets, and computers to watch online media. They download and convert streaming content into different types of compressed files. They convert big files into smaller ones because they need to save storage. That is why smart devices come with microSD card slots. You can insert your 16 GB memory cards into that slot.
The music listeners and movie enthusiasts fill the storage with lots of data. 16 GB memory cards are low in cost and heavy in performance. You have lots of good choices when buying 16 GB memory cards.
Also, Check The Buyers Guide for the Best 8GB Memory Card, 32 GB Memory Card, 64Gb Memory Cards, 128GB Memory Cards, 256Gb Memory Cards, 512 GB Memory Cards, Sandisk Memory Cards, Samsung Memory Cards, Memory Card Readers, 512 GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 32GB Pendrive, 64GB Pendrive, 128GB Pendrive, OTG Pendrive in India.
Best 16GB Memory Cards in India
Features of 16 GB Memory Card
- The features of 16 GB memory cards are their transfer speed and their specifications.
- The MicroSD card is divided into speed class for its MB/s rate of reading and writing data.
- All cards come in different storage options and transferring data speeds.
- The price also varies with functionality and type.
- You can analyze the storage space you need by scanning your stored data size.
- In case you do not need large data to store, then you can buy budget-friendly 16 GB memory cards.
- To cut it short, it all comes to your storage requirements.
- You have a tablet or smart device with expandable storage, and then get an SD card to get more space.
Types of 16 GB Memory Cards
- 16 GB memory cards come in three different forms.
- The differences are in its performance.
- First, we can talk about an SD card in its basic form.
- Basic 16 GB memory cards utilize file systems like FAT16 and FAT12.
- It is because of the capacity it carries.
- As the storage size gets larger, so do the file system changes to support it.
- Secondly, we can check out the SDHC card.
- They can store up to 32 GB of data.
- For this, these use a FAT32 file system.
- Last but not least, the SDXC memory cards are for storing 32 GB to 2TB of data.
- It works on the exFAT file system.
Buyers guide for 16 GB Memory Card
- For buyers of 16 GB memory cards, we have prepared some key points.
- Remember to check how much storage you need.
- You might want to use the 16 GB memory cards on different devices.
- For this, you need to see if it is compatible with all those.
- The durability always comes into question for long usage.
- Get 16 GB memory cards that can withstand longer use because you will use it for more prolonged periods.
- Having said that, you should also check how much money you have because high quality comes at a price.
- Although a durable 16 GB memory cards will be more costly, it works for years to come.
- The transfer speeds of reading and writing data should also be on your list.
- You want higher transfer speeds because you have large data to transfer.
- You have the option of using third-party software to compress files in order to save storage space.
- Otherwise, 16 GB memory cards are a decent expandable option.
- If you only take photos with digital cameras, then also this is a good option.
- Almost all digital cameras have a slot for a 16 GB memory card.
How to use 16 GB Memory Card
- A 16 GB memory card can fit into a MicroSD card slot and run by any version of Android OS.
- This card works on tablets, laptops, PCs, smartphones, and digital cameras.
- All OS can run it. The smart gadgets that come with SD card slots run it smoothly and quickly.
- Take special care when handling 16 GB memory cards.
- These SD cards are fragile and can malfunction if you expose them to dust and water.
- Even if the card has a tagline of being water and dust resistant, always use it with care.
- You might lose important data, after all.
- The working of 16 GB memory cards relies on the file system it uses.
- The four types of file systems are exFAT, FAT 12, FAT16, and FAT32.
- Just like any memory chip, these also use these file systems to run and transfer data.
List of Top 10 Best 16 GB Memory Cards in India-Buyers Guide
The top ten 16 GB memory cards with their specs and pros and cons are the following.
1. SanDisk U1 A1 98Mbps 16GB Memory Card Ultra MicroSDHC (MicroSD)
SanDisk memory card is making a good name in the 16 GB memory cards sector.
- This memory card is excellent for recording and watching movies.
- The card is classified as a MicroSDXC UHS-I card.
- It is shockproof, x-ray proof, and water-resistant.
- You can get a transfer speed up to 98MB/s.
- It has a rating of A1 because it can load apps faster.
The writing speed could have been made faster.
2. HP 16 GB Memory Card Class 10 MicroSD (HP-MSDCWAU1-16GB)
HP Memory Card is a known American brand for quality computer accessories.
- The card is a Class 10 memory card.
- HP provides a free Adapter for use on laptops.
- It is a good choice for e-books, music, movies, and mobile content storage.
- The writing speed lags with only a 30MB/s rate.
- It is not water-resistant.
3. Kingston 16 GB Memory Card Class 4 Micro SDHC
Kingston Memory Card specializes in memory and storage products.
- It expands the storage of mobile devices, tablets, and other smart devices.
- The card is vibration, shock, x-ray, and temperature proof.
The minimum data transfer speed is 4MB/s.
4. Toshiba M203 16 GB Memory Card Class 10 Micro SD (THN-M203K0160A4)
For high quality and better durability, Toshiba Memory card makes the best of memory cards.
- It can read at 100MB/s.
- It is water and shockproof.
- This 16 GB memory card is a great choice for digital cameras.
The writing speed is average.
5. Strontium Nitro 16 GB Memory Card Micro SDHC 85MB/s UHS-I U1 Class 10 High Speed (SRN16GTFU1QR)
Strontium Memory Card makes good quality cards.
- It can transfer data using 85MB/s speed.
- The card is classified as a Class 10 performer.
- You can use it for a lifetime because it comes with a lifetime warranty.
The transfer rate could have been higher.
6. Transcend UHS-I U1 Micro 16 GB Memory Card
Transcend Memory card is known for the durability of its memory cards.
- The card is temperature, water, and x-ray proof.
- It is also shockproof.
- Works fine under vibrations.
- Unbelievable bending and twisting resilience.
This memory card comes with a high price tag.
7. Toshiba UHS-I Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Read Speed Up to 100 MB/s)
Toshiba Memory Card produces high-quality memory goods.
- It is a class 10 memory card.
- Reads data at 100MB/s.
- It is x-ray proof.
- This card can be used with cameras.
The write speeds are on the average side.
8. Kodak Extra 16 GB Memory Card Class 10 MicroSD Card with Adapter
Kodak Memory Card is introducing its memory product line.
- This is a Class 10 card with high data transfer rates.
- It is tailor-made for use with a DSLR camera.
- Works great for Full HD video recording.
- Provides you more storage for high-resolution photos.
- The writing speed lags sometimes.
- It is not water-resistant.
9. Adata V10 16GB Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SD Memory Card
Adata Memory Card has many memory products to offer.
- This card is rated A1 because of high transfer rates.
- Its data transfer speed is 1500MB/s.
- The writing speed is 500MB/s.
- The card is water, shock, x-ray, and temperature proof.
It is expensive.
10. JPW Class 10 16 GB Memory Card MicroSDHC with Adapter B082XW1G9N
JPW Memory card has different capacity memory cards to offer.
- This card is Class 10 rated.
- It can read data at 100MB/s.
- The card is x-ray proof.
- A free SD card adapter is provided.
The card is slow at writing data
For transferring and storing data you need 16 GB memory cards. Even if you have 32 GB or 64 GB storage available on your smartphones, it is always a good idea to have a backup on a 16 GB memory card.
Which company Pendrive is best?
SanDisk, Adata, and Transcend provide the best quality Pendrives.
Which Pendrive is faster?
SanDisk Ultra can give up to 100MB/s read and writes speeds.
What is the difference between Pendrive and USB?
For the use of cables and peripherals, a USB drive is used. Pendrive is a memory stick.