A 12v lithium-ion battery is ideal for use in CCTV cameras, tablet PCs, Bluetooth speakers, robotics, and drones. It can also work well in DVDs, GPS, and PDA devices, among others. Usually much smaller and lighter than lead acid batteries, the Li-ion batteries still pack a lot of power. The small size of the lithium-ion battery makes it ideal for use in devices where space is limited. So those are devices with space limits, but which still need quite a bit of power. In some devices, the lithium-ion battery serves as the main power source. And in others, it serves as some sort of backup.
Top 10 Best 12V Lithium Ion Batteries in India
Features of 12V Lithium Ion Battery
- One of the key features of lithium-ion batteries is their compact nature. Due to this, they occupy very little space, yet they give as much power as bulkier batteries.
- Another good feature of the batteries is the ease with which they charge. Normally, a lithium-ion battery doesn’t take too long to charge. And it draws power even from quite simple chargers. This makes them ideal for use even when one is on the move.
- Yet another key feature of the batteries is their better safety profile. The chemical in them is in solid form, and not prone to problems like leakages, which affect lead acid batteries.
- Further, these batteries tend to be very durable, mainly due to their build and the nature of the chemical. And a lithium-ion battery normally requires very little maintenance.
Types of 12V Lithium Ion Batteries
- There are lithium-ion batteries made of cylindrical cells. Then there are those made of prismatic cells. We also have others made of pouch cells.
- There are lithium cobalt oxide batteries. Then there are Li-ion phosphate batteries. We also have lithium manganese oxide batteries, among others.
- There are 3-cell Li-ion batteries. Then there are 4-cell, 6-cell, and 9-cell Li-ion packs. (Here, we look at the number of cells inside).
- We have those that can charge and discharge using the same cable. Then we have others that need different cables for charging and discharging.
Buying Guide for 12V Lithium Ion Battery
- Firstly, the lithium-ion battery you buy needs to be compatible with the device you need to use it in. So you first ask yourself the question of what sort of device you wish to use the battery in. Then you go for one that fits well into that sort of device.
- Consider how the battery you wish to buy charges. Go for one that is easy enough to charge.
- Look at things like the terminals and casing for the battery you wish to buy.
- Further, look keenly at the price being charged. Consider that 12v lithium ion battery price against your budget and the quality.
How To Use 12V Lithium Ion Battery?
- Before you can draw power from a lithium-ion battery, you first need to charge it. This normally entails connecting the battery to a charger and then connecting the charger to a power source. After doing this, you switch on the power source. Then electric energy flows from the power source to the battery, through the charger. Usually, the charger will have a light turn on when it is charging.
- Once the lithium-ion battery has some charge, you can use it to power a device. Now you connect the device to the battery, usually through some sort of cable. Next, you switch the device on – and it works, using power from the battery.
- You need to avoid ever overcharging your lithium-ion battery. It may also not be a good idea to fully drain the battery, before recharging. Also, be storing it in a dry and cool place.
List of Top 10 Best 12V Lithium Ion Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. MAEnt 12V Li-ion Battery Pack
It has a power rating of 4000 mAh. Ideal for use in iPods, tablet computers, drones, and so on.
- It is truly light and doesn’t take up much space
- Comes with many safety protections
- Ideal for use in many types of devices
- This is a 6-cell battery
- The price is not very cheap
2. SunRobotics Li-Ion 12v Battery Pack
What you get here is a 2200 mAh battery. Capable of being charged with the normal direct current power adapter.
- It is quite hardy and the cells in it don’t break easily
- Price is quite low
- The discharge cut-off point is good, at 9 volts
- It May take quite a lot of time to fill with the charge
- The battery may be too small for certain device’s power source slots
3. RESUNERGY 12v 6ah Li-ion Battery Pack
This is a brick shape battery pack. Inside it are 9 types of 18650 cells.
- Doesn’t have any liquid that can spill into it
- It is highly portable
- Stores power for quite long
- Price may be quite high for some users
- As with most batteries, the connectors may wear out after some time
4. REES52 12V Li-ion Battery
This is a small yet quite reliable battery pack. Ideal for use on all types of devices that can run on 12 volts DC.
- Easy to connect to devices
- Does not lose charge easily when not in use
- Can last long with good care
- Some may find its packing rather basic
- A first-time charge may need quite a lot of time
5. ELBOTICS 12V 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack
Ideal for both domestic and certain industrial uses. Has a power rating of 1200 mAh.
- Price is within most people’s reach
- Has BIS approval
- Can be used across a wide range of devices
- Charging requires patience
- As with all batteries, its chemical (li-ion) potency may decline with time
6. LRSA PVT LTD Li-ION Battery Pack (11.1V)
What you get here is a top-notch battery, which can give 20 Ah power. Also suitable for use on a scooter.
- Long life cycle (of more than 1,000 times)
- The battery pack is quite hardy and doesn’t break easily
- Comes with good quality connectors
- The price may be on the higher side for some
- It is not very light in weight
7. Roofer 12V Li-ion 18650 Battery Pack
Offers a power rating of 2500 mAh. Suitable for use in devices like CCTV cameras, DVDs, MP4 players, iPods, and so on.
- Does not occupy a lot of space
- It has a good safety profile (hence one can use it with lots of peace of mind)
- The price is not too high
- Should only be charged with a certain charger
- The cells inside may be very hard to replace once they decline
8. 12V Rechargeable (Lithium) Battery Pack
This is a generic Li-Ion battery, with a 2200 mAh power rating. The cell type inside is 18650.
- Charges both via the direct method or through a balance charger
- It is not too costly
- Can be long-lasting with good care
- Packing is quite basic
- The connectors require careful handling
9. 18650 Li-ion (2S) 12V Battery Pack
The power rating here is 4000 mAh. Can work well in devices like drones, tablets, DVDs, GPS, and so on.
- This is one of the batteries for which charging and discharge can be via the same cable
- It is rather light in weight
- Can work as a power source with a wide range of devices
- The outer casing may wear out with time
- The battery may not fit into some device’s power slots (hence needing to be used externally)
10. WorldCare DC 12V Portable Li-ion Battery Pack
What you get here is a high-capacity (8,000 mAh) battery. Comes with a connector, fully ready for use.
- Can give reliable power to a device for quite long
- The casing is hardy and unlikely to fall apart easily
- Size and weight are both low (hence it is very portable)
- The price may seem a bit higher compared to other batteries of this type
- Full charging takes quite some time
With a good 12v lithium-ion battery, you can get a reliable electric energy source for your device(s). This guide has much of the info you need to make the best 12v lithium-ion battery choice.
How long does a 12v lithium battery last?
At the very least, one that is well cared for may last for 3 or so years.
Is there a 12v lithium battery?
Yes, there are lots of such batteries in the market which you can buy and use.
Can I replace a 12v lead acid battery with lithium-ion?
There are some uses for which a 12v lithium-ion battery may replace a 12v lead acid battery.
What is the cost of a 12v lithium battery?
12v lithium-ion battery price ranges from as low as 600 Indian rupees to as much as 3,200 Indian rupees.