A 12v battery is meant for use in scooters, weighing scales, UPS backups, medical equipment, lights, and so on. Inside the 12-volt battery is a chemical that is capable of storing electric charge. So what the 12v battery does (during charging time) is receive electric energy, and convert it to chemical energy. When the 12-volt battery is in use, what it does is convert the chemical energy back to electric energy. That is what then powers the device connected to the battery. Once the battery discharges to a certain level, it needs recharging, to continue supplying power. The battery, therefore, provides a way to store and move electric energy from one place to another.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best inverter batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Battery, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes in India.
Top 10 Best 12v Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
Features of 12v Battery
- Perhaps the most important feature of a 12v battery is its ampere-hours (AH) rating. This tells you how much power the battery can give out, and for how long, and that in turn tells you what you can use the 12v battery for, and what you can’t.
- Another key feature of a 12v battery is its operating temperature range. This determines where the battery can be used, and where it can’t be used. In this regard, a battery with a wider operating temp range would usually be better.
- Yet another key feature of a 12v battery is its casing. This determines whether the battery will be prone to spills, which positions you can use it in, and so on. It may also affect how badly the cells would break, in case the battery happens to fall.
- The quality of the terminals in a 12-volt battery matters, as does the battery’s size and weight. The latter (size and weight) may determine how easy it is to move or carry from one place to another. Ideal 12-volt batteries also come ready with connectors.
Types of 12v Battery
- There are 7 Ah 12-volt batteries. Then there are 12 Ah 12-volt batteries. We also have 1.3 Ah 12-volt batteries and 3.3 Ah 12-volt batteries.
- The 12 Ah 12 volt batteries may provide more power for longer. But they tend to be costlier. On the other hand, the likes of 1.3 Ah batteries tend to be cheaper. But they provide less power, for limited periods. Still, there are devices for which the likes of the 1.3 Ah batteries would be ideal.
- There are 12-volt batteries that can connect in series to yield more power. Then others can’t connect that way (and which may incur damage if so connected).
Buying Guide for 12v Battery
- The most important thing is to ensure that the 12v battery you buy stores power for quite a long. Remember, a battery is mainly a power storage tool. Thus the key question should be how long you can keep your device(s) running on the battery’s power.
- Check the battery’s warranty. A longer warranty is usually a sign that the makers of the battery have faith in its quality.
- Another key thing to look at is the 12v battery price. You may start by researching, to find out what the going 12-volt battery price is like. Then ensure that you don’t pay unduly more.
How To Use 12v Battery?
- The 12-volt battery normally has a +ve and a -ve terminal. What you need to do is use these terminals to connect the battery to the device you wish to power. Then once you switch the device on, it should run – using power drawn from the battery.
- As the device draws power from the battery, the power will keep on running out. Then the battery will require recharging. While recharging, you connect the battery’s terminals to those of the charger. That may be a charger drawing power mains grid electricity. Or it may be a charge drawing power from a solar system or even from a car engine.
- Be sure to be recharging the battery often, even when not in intense usage. That way, you keep it from getting fully discharged and possibly ruined.
List of Top 10 Best 12v Batteries in India
1. Soni Enterprise Power House 12 Volts 5A Automatic Battery Charger
The charging capacity ranges from 7 Ah to 220 Ah. Its design is based on switching mode control.
- Provides a way for setting the current, from 1 ampere to 10 ampere
- Includes a classy digital display
- Comes with clip leads for easier connection
- Only seems to charge at a moderate speed
- Inner parts may be hard to replace in case of working failure
2. Amaron quanta 12V 7Ah Battery
Works very well in storing solar power and in computer UPS. Built on Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) tech.
- The Amaron Quanta battery has a low internal resistance
- Comes with heavy-duty L terminals
- The battery is not too heavy
- This battery’s warranty has limits
- The battery may not cope with rough handling
3. AMAID 12V (12AH) SMF Battery
This Amaid battery is a high-quality lead-acid battery. The grid in it is of calcium alloy type.
- It is not prone to spills
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The price is quite low for the battery quality
- It takes quite a bit of space
- The cells inside may break if it falls from a high point
4. Exide 12 Volt 7 Ah Powersafe Battery
Exide battery is ideal for replacing worn-out or lost UPS batteries. Promises reliable working.
- It comes ready to use (since it is factory charged)
- Can last long with good basic care
- The package includes a warranty card you can use
- It May not provide enough power for certain highly intense devices (since it is only a 12 v 7 Ah battery)
- The packaging seems to be a bit basic
5. Amptek AT12-1.3 12V 1.3AH Battery
This is a small yet quite powerful battery. Ideal for use even in weighing scales.
- Doesn’t take much space
- Price is quite low
- It has a broad temp range
- Terminals’ design seems to be a bit basic
- The 1.3 Ah power rating may be too low for some devices
6. COREETRONIX 12V 1.3Ah Battery
What you get here is a lead acid battery. Can work very well in devices that require little current but over a long period.
- Amptek battery Price is within most people’s reach
- Can last long with good care
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- Requires regular recharging to avoid complete discharge and ruin
- Doesn’t come with a very thorough usage manual
7. Amardeep 12volt (3.3Ah) SMF Battery
Good for use in weighing scales, toys and so on. Provides steady power over some time.
- Amardeep battery Comes in the good-quality casing
- Compact in design
- The price is not too high
- Takes quite a while to charge well
- Cells inside may break in case of rough battery handling
8. Relicell 12V (7Ah) Battery UPS and Inverter
Relicell battery has a calcium ally grid inside. Provides a good power-to-weight ratio.
- Comes with a long (12-month) warranty
- It leaks proof casing
- The battery is valve regulated
- Terminals may soon or later wear off
- Like all other batteries, may be quite hard to repair in case it develops issues
9. Ipco 12v 4ah Bike Battery for hero splendor & Honda Shine
Comes with intelligent thermal management. Works with both lead acid and tubular units.
- Ipco battery always works steadily at 50 kHz.
- Comes ready to use (complete with even the connecting lead clips)
- Neither too heavy nor too bulky
- Serves only one purpose (not versatile)
- Some may feel that the packaging could be better
10. UTL Solar Charge Controller Panel with 12V Inverter Battery
This UTL unit works at 40 amp. Promises more than 95% efficiency.
- Doesn’t allow for overcharging
- It has a rather wide operating temp range (0 to 50 degrees c)
- The size and design are quite compact
- Some may find the price a bit high
- several of the features on it may be superfluous to certain users
A good 12-volt battery can help you reliably power your various devices. This guide has the info you need to make a better choice in shopping for a high-quality 12v battery.
What is a 12v battery used for?
A 12-volt battery may be used for computer UPS, electronic weighing scales, lighting, scooters, toys and so on.
How much does a 12-volt battery cost?
12-volt battery price may range from 850 to 3,000 Indian rupees and even more.
How long does a 12v battery last?
If well cared for, it should be possible for a 12volt battery to at least last 3-5 years.