Nowadays, almost every one of us is pretty much familiar with the use of a memory card. A memory card is an electronic device that stores digital media and other data such as photos, videos, and much more.
No matter which device you are using, either it is a camera or a simple smartphone, you must have some space where you can store your media and access it later. Commonly used devices, like mobile phones, have built-in storage to keep your data but you will often find yourself looking to enhance the storage capacity of your mobile.
Moreover, if you own a digital camera for the shoot, which does not offer any internal storage space, you will eventually have to begin your quest for choosing the best memory card.
In short, the memory card is a popular storage device. As a result, it is widely used to store data and media files by smartphone and digital camera users. Also, Check The Buyers Guide for the Best 32GB Pendrive, 64GB Pendrive, 128GB Pendrive, OTG Pendrive, 8GB Memory Card, 16 Gb memory Cards, 32GB Memory Cards, 64Gb Memory Cards, 256Gb Memory Cards, 512 GB Memory Cards, Sandisk Memory Cards, Samsung Memory Cards, Memory Card Readers, 512 GB SSD, 1TB SSD in India.
Top 10 Best 128 GB Memory Card in India
Features of 128 GB Memory Card
- A memory card is a chip primarily made up of silicon and has an integrated circuit on it.
- Therefore, these chips are slim, tiny, compact, and easy to handle and use.
- SD memory cards (Secure Digital), mostly used these days, come in several capacities such as 2, 4, and 8 GB. But large capacity SD cards are used in digital content and for high video quality like in digital cameras.
- On the other hand, a general SD card measures 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm.
- Similarly, there are also micro SD cards available for mobile phones that are 15mm long and 11mm wide.
- Moreover, these cards have their security feature that protects data and offer a high speed of about 100 MB per second.
- In addition, these cards are easily moveable between different devices and can be plugged into normal USB slots.
Types of 128 GB Memory Cards
- There are many memory cards available in the market varying in their type, size, storage capacity, transfer rate, manufacturer company (e.g. SanDisk), and other features.
- But you can find a memory card according to your requirement and usage.
- For example, some popular types include compact flash (CF), secure digital (SD), secure digital high capacity (SDHC), SD extended capacity (SDXC), micro secure digital (MicroSD), micro secure digital high capacity (MicroSDHC), XQD, and CFexpress.
- However, each of them has different storage capacity and transfer rates, etc.
Buyer’s Guide for 128 GB Memory Card
- Memory cards have become very popular these days. Similarly, from cameras to mobile phones, these are used in almost every electronic gadget.
- You can buy one if you are a photographer and using a digital camera or willing to increase the storage capacity of your mobile phone.
- Success is being able to select the best one for the specific use you have in mind as they are so many types in the market.
- Here are some key points you should observe while purchasing a memory card.
- Memory cards are device-specific (not all but some) i.e. they tend to be found in different devices.
- While buying a memory card for yourself, make sure you are choosing the right one that is compatible with your device.
- For example, if you are buying a memory card for a DSLR camera, it should be SDHC or SDXC because they are built for digital cameras.
- Another thing to consider is card size or storage capacity.
- It purely depends upon your usage.
- Buy one that suits your application.
- The transfer rate of memory cards is also very important.
- If you are using it for high-quality videos, you should prefer one with a high transfer rate.
- Similarly, you should be aware of the UHS speed class of memory cards.
- It will also affect the transfer rate but remember, these cards will not work on non-UHS compatible devices.
- Last, but not least, select a memory card that is built to last because a card’s durability is also very important.
How To Use 128 GB Memory Card?
- Storage space has always been an issue with smartphones.
- A micro SD card is used in smartphones for storage needs.
- Firstly, insert the SD card into your mobile.
- This process varies from device to device.
- If your device supports a micro SD card, a slot will be located along the sides of the mobile phone.
- After inserting the card, you will able to store your media on the SD card.
- In computers and laptops, you should have a card reader.
- If you don’t have one, you can buy an external adapter that connects via USB.
- Firstly, insert the SD card. Secondly, after inserting the card in conventional SD slots, you can access your SD card in your file explorer.
- Moreover, you can move and transfer your files. After using you can also eject the SD card.
- Likewise, a card reader or an external adapter is used in Mac.
- After inserting the SD card, open the finder in Mac and select your SD card name from there.
- You can move your media or files in the free space and when you are done, eject the card safely.
List of Top 10 Best 128 GB Memory Card Brands in India
Here we bring the list of the top 10 memory cards for you
1. SanDisk 128GB Class 10 microSDXC Memory Card with Adapter (SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA)
SanDisk 128 GB micro SDXC memory card of class 10 with an external adapter available with it.
- Read speed up to 100 MB/s
- Temperature Proof
- Shockproof and Waterproof
- Ideal for android-based smartphones and tablets
As per reviews, this product is the best and has no issues in working but the price is a bit high.
2. Samsung EVO Plus 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC128GA)
This is a Samsung Evo plus 128 GB microSDXC card with HD & 4K UHD and an adapter is also available.
- Transfer speed up to 100 MB/s
- Waterproof, Temperature Proof, and X-ray Proof
- 10-year limited warranty
- Full-size adapters for PC, Laptops, Cameras
This product has overall good reviews. But some customers complain about its durability.
3. HP 128GB Class 10 MicroSD Memory Card (U1 TF Card 128GB)
This is an HP 128 GB micro SD card.
1. Read speed is up to 80 MB/s
2. Ideal for latest smartphones, tablets, mobile devices, and PCs
3. Class 10 UHS-1 memory card with adapter
As per reviews, customers complain about durability and low read speed. However, the product is good overall.
4. Samsung EVO Select MB-ME128GA/AM 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card with Adapter
This is a Samsung Evo MicroSDXC memory card with an adapter.
1. Read speed is up to 100 MB/s and writes speed is up to 80 MB/s
2. High performance for 4K UHD video recording
3. Use in smartphones, tablets, drones, laptops, and PCs
4. Full-size adapter for use in cameras and laptops
As per reviews, this product has no issue in working.
5. Strontium Nitro A1 128GB Micro SDXC Memory Card 100MB/s A1 UHS-I U3 Class 10 with High-Speed Adapter for Smartphones Tablets Drones Action Cams (SRN128GTFU3A1A)
This is a Strontium Nitro A1 128 GB SDXC card with a high-speed adapter.
1. Transfer speed is up to 100 MB/s
2. High performance with UHS-1 U3 Class 10 specification
3. Waterproof, Magnet Proof, Temperature Proof, X-ray Proof
As per reviews, this memory card has no issues.
6. Toshiba M203 128GB Class 10 Micro SD Memory Card (THN-M203K1280A4)
This is a Toshiba M203 128 GB Class 10 micro SD card.
1. Read speed is up to 100 MB/s
2. Shockproof and Waterproof
3. Use for action cameras and mobile phones, tablets
4. UHS speed class 1 (UHS-1), Class 10
As per reviews, this product has no issues overall.
7. Transcend UHS-I U3A1 128 GB Micro Memory, Card
This is a Transcend UHS-I U3AI 128 GB Micro memory card.
1. Waterproof and Temperature Proof
2. X-ray Proof and Shock Proof also
As per reviews, this product is rated very well and has no issues.
8. Sony SR-G1UY3A/GT High-Speed 128GB Class 10 Micro SDXC UHS-I Memory Card up to 90MB/ s with Adapter
This is a Sony High-Speed Class 10 micro SDXC memory card with an adapter.
1. Transfer Speed is up to 90 MB/s
2. UHS-1, Class 10, U1
As per reviews, this product is rated highly and has no issues.
9. PNY 128GB Class 10 Micro SD Memory Card (PFUXC1281U1R100-BR20)
This is a PNY 128 GB Class 10 micro SD card.
1. Class10, UHS-1, U1 micro SDHC/SDXC
2. Transfer Speed up to 80 MB/s
As per reviews, some people complain about the durability that the memory card stopped working after some time. Other than that, the product has good reviews.
10. HIKVISION 128GB SD Card V30
This is a HIKVISION 128 GB SD card V 30.
1. 7 years warranty
As per reviews, this SD card has no issues in working and is good for general use.
To sum up, every storage device has its pros and cons. So do the memory card. But after looking at the pros and usage of storage devices, we conclude that memory cards are the best media backup devices nowadays. Either you are using a smartphone or digital camera or any other electronic device, you will have to acquire a memory card to create a safe backup of your data. Most importantly, make sure to check out the top 10 list given above. And keeping in view the application, select the best memory card for your device.
How many pictures can a 128GB memory card hold?
A 128GB memory card can approximately hold 35,556 photos. But this is based on the file format and image resolution.
Which is the best 128GB micro SD card?
The best 128GB micro SD card is SanDisk MicroSDXC for Nintendo Switch. This card is fast and consistent. Most importantly, it has a reasonable price.
How many hours of 4K video can 128GB hold?
An average 128GB memory card can hold 4.5 hours of 4K video.
What is the 256GB memory card price?
The average price of 256GB memory cards available in the market is approximately $40-$60 based on the specifications they offer.