Electrical appliances are turned on and off by using a modular switch board. A switch board consists of a button and a switch. This switch is linked to the wiring of an electrical appliance or accessory. The appliance is turned on or off by pressing the switch or button. Modular switch boards are the modern form of non-modular boards. Non-modular switch boards consist of metal frames which are screwed into place. Modular switch boards are made from plastic and connected readily to the inner wiring of a room.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Smart Switches, Extension boards, Smart Plugs, smart switchboards, Spike guards, Timer Switch, Calling Bells, Video doorbells for Home, CP plus DVRs, Dome Camera, Bullet Cameras, IP Cameras, Hikvision DVRs, Hikvision CCTV Cameras, CCTV Cameras, IP Cameras, chandelier lights, decorative lights, wall lamps, ceiling fans, geysers, and washing machines online.
Top 10 Best 12 Modular Switch Boards in India
Features of 12 Modular Switch Board
- Functionality is the most important feature of a modular switch board. The switchboard should link to the inner wiring of a room and should turn electrical appliances on and off.
- Module switchboards should also be sturdy enough to stay in place and retain their shapes. This helps connect them to the inner wiring and mount them in place properly.
- Module switchboards also have an aesthetic value. They are visible on the walls so they should blend in with the decor of the house. Consumers prefer slim and sleek modular switches.
Types of 12 Modular SwitchBoards
- Several types of 12 modular switch boards are available in the market. Basic switch boards consist of panels of switches. The boards are mounted on a wall and connected to the inner wiring. The switch is pressed to turn the electrical appliance on or off.
- Some modular switch boards come with remote control. The remote helps turn electrical appliances on and off.
- Modular switch boards also come with touch panels. A touch screen is used to control electrical appliances, rather than switches or buttons.
- Smart modular switch boards can be linked to the user’s smartphone. The smartphone is used to turn electrical appliances on or off.
Buying Guide for 12 Modular Switch Board
- Safety is the most important thing to consider while shopping for a 12 modular switch board.
- Plastic is usually used to make the switch boards. Using good quality plastic makes the switch board heat resistant.
- Note the material that is used to make the switch board.
- Durability is also important. Good quality 12 modular switch boards retain their shape.
- Heat or use does not damage these boards. Poor-quality modular switch boards lose their shape quickly.
- This makes it difficult to mount them on walls.
- The appearance of the 12 modular switch board is also important. The Colour, shape, and slimness of the board should be noted.
How To Use 12 Modular Switch Board?
- 12 modular switch boards are easy to use. Link them to the inner wiring of a room and then mount them on the wall.
- Depending on the type of inner wiring and the type of switch board being used, a technical professional may be needed.
- Professionals usually take 20-30 minutes to install a switch board.
- The 12 modular switch board can be used to turn electrical appliances on and off after installation is complete.
- The button or switch is pressed and the appliance turns on or off.
List of Top 10 Best 12 Modular Switch Boards in India-Buyers Guide
1. L&G 12 Module Smart Switch Board
This item is a touch type of switchboard. It is connected to the user’s smartphone. An app is used to control the appliances. It weighs 520 grams and is the wall mounting type.0
- Easy to install without the use of assistance.
- Controlled through a smartphone.
- Has a tempered glass panel so looks sleek and is durable.
- Expensive and difficult to afford.
- May not be compatible with every house’s wiring.
2. ANCHOR Polycarbonate 12 Module Plate
A module plate made from polycarbonate. Its dimensions are 15 x 10 x 5 cm (LxWxH) and it weighs 100 grams. It is the wall mounting type.
- The sleek design and white color help the plate to blend in with the walls.
- Easy to install.
- Affordable and cost-effective.
- Doesn’t fit and isn’t compatible with every home.
- Easily damaged so not durable.
3. CONA 12 Modular Plate
This modular plate comes with blue LED light indicators and with a diamond look finish. It weighs 80 grams.
- Very sleek design; 7 mm at the thickest point.
- Cost effective and affordable.
- The frame is flexible and sleek in appearance.
- All plugs are not compatible with this modular board.
- The frame is weak and isn’t durable.
4. Schneider Electric 12 Module Grid
A modular switch board made with polycarbonate and 2.7 mm in thickness. It has a curved body and a soft white texture. Its dimensions are 290mm x 160mm x 10mm.
- Heat-resistant and durable.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Sleek and white-coloured so easily blends in with walls.
- Slightly expensive compared to similar products.
- There may be compatibility issues.
5. Legrand Myrius 12 Module Plate
A polycarbonate module plate made of polycarbonate. It weighs 300 grams and its dimensions are 18 x 18 x 10 cm.
- Gives extra space for wiring.
- Durable and heat resistant.
- Cost-effective and affordable.
- Heavy in weight compared to similar products.
- Does not have an attractive appearance.
6. KOLORS 12 Module Cover Plate
This module switchboard weighs 100 grams. Its dimensions are 11.43 x 38.1 x 0.2 cm. This item is available in a range of metallic colors.
- Minimalistic and sleek design to give a modern look.
- Durable and fire resistant.
- Available in a range of colors.
- Expensive so not budget-friendly.
- Compatible with KRAFT & KOSMIK switches only.
7. KwikSwitch 12 Module Smart Switch Board
This item consists of a smart switch board. The KwikSwitch Mobile App can be used to control electrical appliances. Hotels prefer this switch board because both staff and clients can easily turn appliances on or off.
- Compatible with all switches and accessories.
- Sleek and slim design for a modern appearance.
- Easily controlled by multiple users.
- Installation takes time and requires a professional.
- Expensive and difficult to afford.
8. EA 12 Modular Touch Switch Board
A wall mount type switch board which has touch features. Its dimensions are 12 x 12 x 8 cm and it weighs 1.21 kilograms.
- Comes with a child lock mechanism for child safety.
- Touch features give it a modern appearance.
- Compatible with smart switches and plugs.
- Heavy in size.
- Difficult to install.
9. Tata Power EZ Home 12 Module Switch Plate
The switch board comes in white color. Its dimensions are 17.3 x 21.8 x 0.9 cm and it weighs 120 grams. It is of the wall mounting type.
- Easy to install.
- Sleek and slim design gives a modern look.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Slightly expensive, so difficult to afford.
- It may have compatibility issues with certain switches and accessories.
10. RECONT 12 Module Switch Board
This item consists of a switch board and a remote control. Electrical appliances can be controlled by pressing the switch or using the remote control. Its dimensions are 25 x 20 x 10 cm and it weighs 299.37 grams.
- Compatible with all types of switches.
- The sleek design and white color help it blend in with the walls.
- The use of remote control is ideal for settings like hospitals, offices as well as homes.
- Supports 3 lights and 2 fans only.
- Heavy in size compared to similar products.
People shopping for 12 modular switchboards will find this guide helpful. It introduces consumers to the types of switchboards available on the market and evaluates each product to show its strengths and weaknesses.
How many module switchboards are available?
There are a lot of different module switchboards available in the market. They come in various sizes and colours. Brands such as Tata Power, KwikSwitch, Kolors etc. manufacture switchboards.
Which 12 modular switchboard is best for your home?
Several modular switchboards are available in the market. Schneider Electric 12 Module Grid is an excellent choice for a basic, manually operated switchboard. It is durable and comes in a variety of colours.
What is the size of 12 modular switchboards?
The size of 12 modular switchboards varies. It depends on the type of material used and the design of the modular board.