Electric guitar comes with an amplifier and pickups that help produce the music. Acquiring a brand-new musical instrument is a passion for new aspiring musicians. And this is almost always on the wish list of a guitarist.
To produce the music of your preference, you might need to consider two main factors – the type of electric guitar you want and the cost. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Guitar Strings, Guitar Capos, guitar wall hangers, Casio Keyboards, Electronic Drum pads, drum sets, Snare Drum, Acoustic Guitars, Flutes, Dholaks, Damru, Mouth organs, Chimatas, Ghungroo, Keyboard Pianos, MIDI Keyboards, Harmoniums, Karaoke Mics, Karaoke Systems in India.
You can play plenty of genres like heavy metal, rock ‘n’ roll, reggae, and even classical music on an electric guitar. In this article, you will learn details about how you can find the best electric guitar within your budget.
Top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
Buyers Guide – Electric Guitar
There are many considerations to follow if you’re looking to buy an electric guitar. For that reason, we have outlined some main factors for you to consider.
- It is important to know that the body of the guitar can be made of different types of wood.
- Alder, ash, basswood are some of the examples and these are reliable and durable.
- Another feature that you should consider is the cutaway of electric guitars.
- This can include single-cutaway such as Gibson’s Les Paul or Fender’s Telecaster.
- However, if you’d like, you can go for a double-cutaway that is offered by Yamaha and Fender Stratocaster.
- These guitars are easier to play with your thumb as well as your fingers.
- You can also choose it based on the length of your hand.
- The neck of the guitar can be thin, C-shaped, among others.
- For beginners, it’s better to go for solid-body electric guitars because these are the best at giving great amplification, sound quality, and are durable.
- Lastly, apart from all the features, the buyer must, of course, make sure he/she gets the best value for money.
Features of Electric Guitar
Just like any other instrument, there are special features in an electric guitar that distinguishes it from the rest. However, like an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar features a head, neck, and body. It is important to learn about each part briefly and familiarize yourself with its structure.
Just consider the below features while choosing an electric guitar:
- The top part of the guitar primarily consists of the tuning keys.
- Also known as fingerboard or fretboard, the neck features the strings, position markers, frets, and nut.
- This is where your fingers will strike the string.
- The wooden body includes magnetic pickups, control knobs like volume, and a tone knob.
- It also contains a tremolo bar and a tremolo unit.
Types of Electric Guitars
To choose the best electric guitar, you need to be well-informed about the types of electric guitars available in the market.
Along with the different types, the electric guitar’s price also plays a role in deciding which guitar you will invest in.
- As their name implies, solid-body guitars are made up of hardwood.
- Solid-body guitars are widely used because of how easily they are available in the market.
- Stratocaster, Super Strat, Fender Telecaster are some examples.
- These types of guitars have a similar wooden body to solid-body guitars.
- Also, these have two f-holes mounted on its body.
Pickup Electric Guitars
- If you’re more interested in tones of electric guitars, then this type is best for producing music among others
- Because of its single coil, humbucking pickup, and dual-coal pickup.
How Does an Electric Guitar Works?
When you play an electric guitar, you generate music with its tone and sounds. It’s not only your magic hands but also the components of the guitar that give it unique sound quality.
- You strum the strings of the guitar and this generates vibration.
- This string vibration, in turn, disturbs the electric field of the pickups.
- This creates a signal that travels through the output jack to ultimately the amplifier.
- While on its way, this signal travels through your volume and tune pots that you can adjust as you’d like.
- In addition to volume and tone, you can control how you want to produce sound.
- Pickup selector can help you decide how many pickups you want to use.
- The amplifier is the heart of the electric guitar.
- As the name suggests, it amplifies your guitar’s sound.
List of Top 10 Electric Guitars in India Buyers Guide
Electric guitar price is something you should consider whether you’re a beginner or a pro. No matter what your choice of an electric guitar is, every guitar serves the same purpose.
1. RockJam Electric Guitar Starter Kit RJEG0-SK-BK:
This guitar is from the RockJam brand & it comes as a complete starter package. If you’re new to the world of electric guitars, this could be the best choice. The package includes spare strings, guitar picks, and a strap. It also includes amp, lessons, gig bags, packs, 3x single-coil pickups.
- RockJam Electric Guitar is a complete starter kit
- It includes a whammy bar for string bending licks
- Also, it includes a strap for your electric guitar
- It is for starters, not professionals
2. Fender Squier 6-Strings Electric Guitar 0370005506 with Rosewood Fretboard, Bullet Fat Stratocaster & Right-Handed:
This guitar features everything you need. It can give you a rich sound because of its dual-coil humbucking pickup. And its design is made up of gloss polyurethane, ensuring a lifetime of body shine. It features 21 frets.
- Fender Electric Guitar has a rosewood fingerboard
- It comes with a C-shaped neck with an elegant 9.5 fingerboard radius.
- This is available in HSS or SSS pickup configuration
- It doesn’t include an AC Adapter
- It’s a single piece and not a complete kit
3. Squier by Fender Electric Guitar with Affinity Series Stratocaster & Laurel Fingerboard in Race Red:
This guitar is from the Fender brand & it comes in a gorgeous race red color. It comes with 21-frets and a maple or rosewood fingerboard. Because of its synched tremolo bridge, it gives off a vintage vibe.
- Stratocaster Electric Guitar has a big headstock that includes a c-shaped neck.
- This product includes a warranty
- Three single-coil Stratocaster picks with five-way switching
- Comes as a single item and not a complete kit
4. Juarez 6-String Guitar JRZ-ST01 Right Handed with Picks, Case & Bag:
You can start your guitaring journey with this product. There is a total of 18 frets in this electric guitar. You will get 3x single-coil pickups for good tuning. This is a good fit for you because of its affordability.
- Juarez Electric Guitar fingerboard made with linden wood & the fretboard is made of ebony wood.
- This is a perfect choice for beginners
- The package comes with a case and picks.
- It is not a good fit for professionals
5. Epiphone Acoustic-Electric Guitar AJ-220SCE with Vintage Sunburst:
This is from the Epiphone brand & it is a good choice for both beginners and professionals. With its vintage sunburst look surely be your next favourite instrument to play. Because of its slim-taper D-shaped neck, it will tune better. At this price, you certainly do not need to go for any cheap quality ones.
- Epiphone Electric Guitar built with a solid Sitka spruce top with a mahogany body.
- It comes with 2 CR2 batteries
- Also, it has a medium string gauge
- Perfect choice for both beginners and professionals
- It is quite expensive
- It does not come with cover case
6. Yamaha Metallic Electric Guitar PACIFICA012 in Dark Blue:
Yamaha Guitars are known for their good music performance. With this guitar from Yamaha, you can be assured of its sound quality. It comes with 22 frets. The body is made with Agathis or nato wood. For best tuning, it is equipped with sing coil x 2, humbucker pickups.
- Electric Guitar equipped with a 25-inch strings scale & its fingerboard made with rosewood.
- It comes in a gorgeous dark blue finish guaranteed to catch everyone’s eye.
- This affordable guitar is the perfect choice for beginners & pro players
- It doesn’t come with case cover
7. ESP LTD F10 Electric Guitar with Gig Bag:
Are you ready to play rock and heavy metal? Then this might be the perfect fit for you. It comes with a gig bag case. Also, it features an LH-100 humbucker and LS-100 rail single coil for better tuning. And its price is affordable.
- ESP Electric guitar features a solid metal look from the body to headstock forming a gorgeous finish.
- It has 22 frets mounted on its rosewood fingerboard.
- Perfect for beginners and intermediate players
- It might or might not come tuned
8. Kadence AstroMan Guitar 21 FRETS, ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD Combo with Bag, Picks, Guitar Cable & Strap:
This is equipped with a basswood neck and rosewood fretboard with 21 frets. It features HSS pickup for better playability. Also, you will get a guitar strap, guitar cable, and picks, and a case cover. This is a value-for-money product considering all the features and additional gear it comes with.
- Kadence Electric Guitar is the best choice for any beginner.
- It comes with a whammy bar
- The package includes case cover, cable, strap
- It doesn’t come with picks
9. Vault TL1M Guitar with Natural Maple Fretboard, Die-cast Tuners & Dual-action Truss Rod:
This guitar is the best choice for budding players. It comes with a basswood body perfect for producing tunes that touch the soul. It features a fretboard made of maple/rosewood for producing mellow tones. This includes truss rod dual action.
- Vault Electric Guitar equipped with durable hardware that cuts the risk of corrosion.
- It comes with a single coil humbucker pickup system.
- This features high-quality chrome-plated nickel die-cast tuners
- Also, it gives the feel of a telecaster
- It doesn’t come with a case bag
10. Ibanez Electric Guitar GSA60:
This guitar is a beauty to look at and play. It is equipped with a rosewood fretboard and has a tremolo included.
- Ibanez Electric Guitar works best for beginners
- This is ideal for rock and metal
- Decent tremolo & case cover is included in the package
- Drop tuning might be not as good
Every electric guitar is built with the same basic components, but some come with additional components and features. Depending on your choice, you might want an electric guitar that has a gorgeous finish or better playability.
Is it hard to learn the electric guitar?
Anyone who has a basic knowledge of how to play the guitar can learn how to play an electric guitar. Because of its flexibility and ease of use, it is easy to pick up. Even if you’re a beginner, you can always watch YouTube videos and take lessons on how to play the guitar. It’s not that hard.
Which is the best electric guitar for beginners?
Since every beginner’s journey starts with buying a guitar that serves the purpose of playability and is within a price range, some of the best choices for any beginner would be the Epiphone Les Paul, Ibanez, Fender Player Telecaster, and SquierClassic Vibe Stratocaster.
How do I choose a guitar?
As a beginner, you should look for pickups. Pickups come in two variations. Single coiled pickup is best for playing blues and country music.
Humbuckers pickups, on the other hand, are best for playing jazz, hard rock, and so on. Moreover, always look for good user reviews, recommendations, and good quality built. You should check the strings, its frets to make sure they aren’t broken or damaged.
For any beginner guitarist, electric guitar price should be another factor to consider while choosing it. So, make sure your budget meets the choice of your guitar.
Can we learn electric guitar without learning acoustic?
Yes, you probably don’t need to learn acoustic guitar before you play electric guitar. There are no rules that dictate that playing acoustic guitar would give you an edge when you will play the guitar.