Toothpaste is a semi-solid substance used along with a toothbrush for cleaning and maintaining healthy teeth. Toothpaste helps to remove plaque and food crumbs from the oral cavity in order to prevent tooth decay and infection.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Toothbrushes, Bamboo Toothbrushes, Electric toothbrushes, Toothbrush Holders, Interdental Brush, mouth wash, Tongue Cleaner, Ear Cleaner, Soap Dispensers, & Toothpaste dispensers.
Earlier toothpaste was simply made to get rid of bad breath. But now, toothpaste performs antimicrobial action, removes plaque, prevents teeth from decay, removes stains, and much more.
Top 13 Best Quality Toothpaste in India-Buyers Guide
Buyers Guide for Best Toothpaste
When buying a toothpaste, it’s important to do some research, especially when planning for your family’s dental health.
- Different members of the family may have different dental needs.
- As described earlier, there is specific toothpaste for children whose teeth are more sensitive and require lower fluoride composition.
- Kid’s toothpaste also contains more appealing flavors so as to attract them.
- For smokers or coffee drinkers, whitening toothpaste is recommended to help reduce stains.
- For people who suffer from sharp shooting pain when they eat or drink something hot or cold, sensitive toothpaste containing potassium nitrate would be recommended.
- Or if you want to buy something that would work for your entire family, fluoride-free herbal toothpaste like Dabur Meswak recommended.
Features of a Toothpaste
Toothpaste made up of different ingredients – the volume or proportion of these ingredients generally used to classify them.
Just consider the below features while choosing a toothpaste:
- This substance believed to be the most important of all constituents of toothpaste.
- And this is because it is responsible for the anti-plaque and anti-decay functions.
- However, the proportion of fluoride in a toothpaste determines who can use it.
- In children, the allowed threshold of fluoride is low and toothpaste with high fluoride content can harm them.
Tartar control pyrophosphates
- This involves the use of the pyrophosphate ingredients for controlling the formation of tartar also known as calculus.
- The use of antimicrobial agents against gingivitis-causing bacteria one of the features limited to specific toothpaste e.g. Colgate Total
- It contains triclosan as an antibacterial agent (presently, triclosan has been banned by various dental organizations).
- Toothpaste made for this purpose contains bleaching agents and abrasives combined to remove tooth stains and decays.
- However, these substances may be harmful to the gums.
- This component has no certain or defined oral benefit although it is mildly abrasive
- And it doesn’t hurt the tooth, but it may cause gum irritation.
- This is the most desirable part of toothpaste.
- The flavor has nothing to do with tooth or gum health, but it helps to entice people to brush regularly.
Types of Toothpastes
Toothpaste can be divided based primarily on its features. Check the main types of toothpaste below.
- This category has lesser fluoride content since large quantities of this mineral can harm children.
- It is also mildly abrasive since children have more oral sensitivity than adults.
- Finally, this tooth paste is flavored with more appealing additives.
- Tobacco smokers are prone to have stained teeth and cavities due to smoking.
- This tooth paste also contains whitening additives since tar develops yellowish patches in teeth.
- This type of tooth paste is designed for individuals with stained yellowish teeth.
- Tooth whitening pastes contain more abrasives and peroxide or other chemicals, which help to reduce the stain.
Sensitive teeth toothpaste
- These tooth paste are for individuals who have sensitive teeth. Either due to worn-out tooth enamel or exposed roots, among other factors.
- They contain potassium nitrate and sodium fluoride which help to reduce the sensation of pain.
- Some people prefer natural ingredients in their toothpaste.
- This toothpaste usually does not contain chemicals, instead, they contain herbs like chamomile, echinacea, myrrh, eucalyptus, tea tree oil, among others.
Why do we use Toothpaste?
Teeth are structured in a way to help break down large chunks of food. Thus, it is important to have a substance that can remove dental plaque and prevent tooth decay so as to help maintain good oral hygiene.
- Toothpaste contains fluoride – an element that is unhealthy in high doses
- But when administered correctly, it can strengthen and protect the enamel while brushing.
- Abrasives are also an important feature of every toothpaste and they function by scrubbing away plaque and stains.
- Occasionally, some toothpaste contains antimicrobial agents that are useful agents against dental bacterial infections.
List of Top 13 Best Toothpaste Brands in India-Buyers Guide
The below list is based on the availability, quality, and relevance of the brands and toothpaste products.
1. Glister Toothpaste Pack of 4 in 190 g
This toothpaste produced by Amway can be used for many dental functionalities, from whitening to plaque removal. It is very effective and has a nice fresh flavor.
- Glister Toothpaste is effective in tackling dental issues.
- It comes with a package of 4 products.
- Risk of duplicate products since the product packaging doesn’t have a QR code
2. Dabur Meswak Toothpaste Fluoride Free Herbal Extract of Miswak Herb
This fluoride-free toothpaste is produced from extracts from the Salvadora persica plant found in Africa and South Asia. It performs various preventive anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory functions.
- Dabur Meswak Toothpaste is very efficient & one of the best toothpaste in India
- It can be used by individuals with bleeding gums and dental sensitivity
- Also, it has a very good flavor, unlike most natural toothpaste.
- Rumored to contain triclosan
3. Vicco Vajradanti Toothpaste Pack of 2 in 200G
This herbal Vicco toothpaste is formulated using traditional Indian medicine. It performs whitening, repair, protective, and moth refreshing functions and includes no artificial ingredients.
- Vicco Vajradanti Toothpaste consists of no artificial ingredients.
- It used by people with sensitive dental conditions
- It may be dangerous if consumed long-term without an extra-fluoride source
- It has a lower shelf life
4. Colgate max fresh Toothpaste with Menthol for Fresh Breath in 600g
The Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste one of the most well-known toothpaste that fights cavities. This provides you with an icy wave of minty coolness and an intense burst of freshness. This paste used by children above 6 years of age.
- Colgate max fresh Toothpaste contains a unique cooling crystal that dissolves completely at the time of brushing.
- This is Sugar-free, 100% Vegan, and Gluten-free toothpaste.
- Colgate toothpaste is the most trusted oral care brand in India.
- Lacks in flavor
5. Dabur Red Paste Buy 3 Get 1 Free in 600g
This product manufactured by one of India’s leading herbal toothpaste manufacturers. The Dabur Red paste produced with a traditional medicinal formula specially formulated to protect against many dental problems and sensitivity.
- Dabur Red Toothpaste has natural ingredients
- It is very effective.
- Also, Dabur Toothpaste prevents dental infections.
- Lacks flavor
6. Himalaya Herbals Toothpaste with Complete Care Pack of 2 in 150 g
This lightweight herbal Himalaya toothpaste has very rich antioxidant components. It formulated to stop bleeding gums, reduce mouth odor, combat dental plaque, and many more important dental care functions.
- Himalaya Herbals Toothpaste has a good flavor
- It is cheap and natural
- It exhibits design inconsistencies
7. Patanjali Dant Kanti Toothpaste 300 G Multi-Pack
This dental cream packed with natural components to help guard against tooth decay and improve dental health. Patanjali Toothpaste made from natural ingredients like neem, turmeric, and cloves, among others. Using this toothpaste regularly will help reduce problems like gingivitis and bad breath.
- Patanjali Dant Kanti Toothpaste has herbal ingredients
- Reasonable price
- Lacks flavor
8. Pepsodent Germicheck Toothpaste with 12h Germ Protection
The Pepsodent brand one of the most well-known germicidal toothpaste in India. The Pepsodent toothpaste helps maintain fresh breath, removes plaque, and also helps in stain reduction. It used by children but in small quantities.
- Pepsodent Germicheck Toothpaste is cheap and effective
- Its germicidal properties are active for up to 12 hours after brushing
- Lacks flavor
9. Sensodyne Sensitive Toothpaste with Repair & Protect in 100 g
This Sensodyne toothpaste is specifically made for individuals with dental sensitivity. The patented NovaMin formula actively seeks out vulnerable teeth and builds a repairing layer over them.
- Sensodyne Sensitive Toothpaste is very effective.
- It contains fluoride to help in building and protecting the enamel.
- It is very expensive
10. Closeup Ever Fresh Red Hot Gel Toothpaste
This product by Closeup Toothpaste contains active zinc that not only gets rid of germs but also gives you long-lasting fresh breath. It also contains micro shine crystals that help to reduce yellowish teeth.
- Closeup Ever Fresh Toothpaste has long-lasting fresh breath
- It protects against germs and bacteria
- Not suitable for people with sensitive teeth
11. Lever Ayush Toothpaste with Anti Cavity Clove Oil in 150 g
This Ayurvedic medicine for dental problems is formulated to combat gum problems, yellowness, bad breath, cavities, aches, and other dental irregularities. It is mostly optimized for cavity protection and suitable for family use as it is a natural Ayush toothpaste.
- Lever Ayush Toothpaste is efficient against most tooth disorders, especially cavities
- It is a natural Ayurvedic product
- It is not efficient for teeth whitening.
12. BENTODENT TOOTHPASTE Foam with Mint & Cardamom Natural:
This natural teeth-whitening Bentodent toothpaste glycerine-free and fluoride-free, making it suitable for children to use. This toothpaste doesn’t contain chemicals like sodium lauryl sulphate considered harmful to the teeth.
- BENTODENT TOOTHPASTE natural and sulfate-free
- Also, this is foam-free
- This paste is fluoride-free.
- Used with fluoride-containing water or substituted frequently occasionally with a fluoride-containing toothpaste to avoid tooth decay
13. Healthvit Toothpaste Fluoride-Free with Activated Charcoal & Mint:
This natural Healthvit toothpaste a tooth whitening product primarily made for people who have dental stains. Also formulated to reduce bad breath and dental bacteria.
- Healthvit Toothpaste is effective for teeth whitening
- This is fluoride-free and natural
- It does not have an appealing flavor
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of the top 10 best Toothpaste in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which toothpaste is best for you. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best Toothpaste in India.