A water sprinkler or irrigation sprinkler is a device that comes with tiny perforated holes attached to a pipe or hose. It is used to water plants, lawns, or crops. The water discharged from the sprinklers emitted in a controlled manner similar to raindrops.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Drip Irrigation kits, Watering cans, Brush Cutters, Lawn Mowers in India, Water Pipes, High-Pressure Washers, CPVC Pipes, uPVC Pipes, Hose pipes, Drip Irrigation Kits, Conduit Pipe, Steel Pipes, Copper pipes, Jaquar Taps, Instant water heaters, Hindware taps, Kitchen Sinks, Cera Wash Basins, Parryware Wash Basins, Jaquar Washbasins, Wash Basins, Table Top Washbasins, Nylon ropes, Hand Showers, Shower for Bathrooms, Flush Tanks, Western Toilet Seats, Jaquar Geysers, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geysers, Racold Geysers, Gas Geysers, Crompton Geysers, Solar water heaters, V Guard Geysers, 500 Liters Water Tanks, Plasto Water Tanks, Supreme Water Tanks, Sintex Water Tanks, 1000 Liters Water Tanks, Septic Tank Cleaners, Western Toilet Closets in India.
The water sprinkler operates through a network of pipes pressured by a motor and pump valves.
It is convenient for agricultural and residential use. They consist of a straight pipe with rotating nozzles at the end which connect to the main pipeline.
The water is released at regular intervals through the laterals or pipelines to the rotating nozzles from which water distributes via the sprinklers. In this article, we provide you with some of the best water sprinklers along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Water Sprinklers Online in India
Buyers Guide – Water Sprinkler
Before heading to the stores to purchase a water sprinkler, specific considerations have to be made to obtain the best product as per your specifications. Better to make note of the material used to make the sprinkler.
- Determine the size of the yard, shape, and times required to water the lawn or plants, the pressure of water required, and whether there are areas you don’t wish to water.
- Yard considerations are the primary determinant of the type of water sprinkler you will need to purchase.
- A durable sprinkler is made of metal; however, metal sprinklers limit mobility due to their weight.
- The nozzle should be made of a flexible material to prevent clogging in the sprinkler system.
- Ensure your sprinkler is convenient and easy to use.
- The flow control of the sprinkler should be easily located and has an easily reachable trigger switch that will not get you wet.
- Determine the coverage consists of the water sprinkler.
- Make sure you have accurate measurements of your land to avoid patches in your yard.
- Lastly, ensure your sprinkler is effective and look out for any defects before fixing it to your garden or lawn.
Features of Water Sprinklers
Water sprinklers have various features that help them run effectively. Sprinkler heads are of various types – rotors, drip lie, emitters, impact spray, and bubblers. The sprinkler heads discharge and sprays water.
Just consider the below-mentioned features while choosing a water sprinkler:
- A water pump is the main component in a sprinkler since they operate based on water pressure.
- Therefore, the pump connects with the garden hose to the sprinkler head.
- A water meter is convenient to measure the amount of water used to irrigate the lawn or garden. The meter ensures proper usage of water supplied at different times.
- A pump controller is used to manage the process of watering or irrigation through the zones.
- And these zones receive the correct amount of water and monitor the system for any malfunctions by alerting the owner or shutting down the system.
- Valve boxes go underground to house the sprinklers.
- The boxes prevent the sprinklers from damaged and provide easy accessibility for repairs and maintenance.
- The sprinkler shut-off valve avoids potential damage to the sprinkler system by shutting off the system when damage is detected.
Types of Water Sprinklers
Water sprinklers differ based on the kind of landscape they are used in and the size of the field, garden, or yard. The backflow prevention device acts as a backup pressure when the system is damaged and protects the source water from contamination.
Below are the types of water sprinklers used in either industrial, agricultural, or residential areas:
Traditional Spray System
- This has a pop-up head that emerges due to the pressure exerted by water hence spraying water around the area.
- The sprinkler can be adjusted to various ranges and can sprinkle a full circle, half, or quarter circle.
- This type of sprinkler offers efficient usage compared to other types. The major limitation is that this kind of sprinkler utilizes a lot of water.
- This system comes with several sprinkler heads and should be fixed at various distances from each other.
Drip Sprinkler Irrigation System
- These are also called micro sprays & it is focusing on energy efficiency.
- This system discharges water at a slow rate; therefore, they do not cover a wide range of diameter.
- The sprinklers are convenient since they allow the soil to absorb the water sprayed onto the ground.
- And the wind facilitates water being dropped directly to the ground instead of discharging into the air, which might be affected by evaporation.
- These are laid onto the landscape and emit water through the entire length of the hose.
- They do not have nozzles, hence are convenient for owners with extensive gardens or dense landscapes.
- These are more efficient compared to the spray sprinkler system.
- The rotors are designed with adjustable features, therefore, convenient for both small-scale and large–scale use.
- It covers a wide area of the landscape, however, it discharges water at a slower rate.
- The rotor system is cost-effective due to its efficiency in power and water consumption.
How Does a Water Sprinkler Works?
Different water sprinklers work in different modes depending on their design. However, the basic functionality of sprinklers remains the same.
- The water sprinkler is fixed onto the ground with firm support due to the pressure exerted on the nozzles by the water.
- And the main pipeline connects with the sprinkler from the primary source of water supply.
- It requires a certain amount of pressure to work, therefore, tap water is usually not suitable unless it has the required force to run the sprinkler.
- Hence, a motor is required for the sprinkler to function as needed.
- The water is pumped through the pipeline or hose to the nozzle and discharged through the small perforated holes.
- And the pressure exerted by the water determines the diameter range the sprinkler will spread the water.
List of Top 11 Best Water Sprinklers in India
Familiarize yourself with the different types of water sprinklers in the market and the accessibility of their repair parts. Identify their pros and cons to have a better glimpse of their functionalities.
1. Pepper Agro Drip Irrigation Water Sprinkler Gardening Micro Sprayer:
This gardening sprinkler is suitable for orchards and greenhouses. And it requires a 2 to 4 mm diameter pipeline to operate and discharges water in four to six directions.
- Pepper Agro Micro Water Sprinkler made with plastic material.
- It is convenient for small areas
- Also, it is very effective
- This is affordable for everyone
- Defective pieces
- Missing parts
2. Pepper Agro Garden Water Sprinkler Set of 12 with Sprayer Lawn Irrigation:
This sprinkler operates on pressurized water, therefore it requires a motor pump. The package comes with 12 sprinklers, covering a radius of 5 feet and 10 feet in diameter. It’s suitable for small and large irrigation schemes due to the vast range of discharge capacity.
- Pepper Agro Watering Sprinkler made with plastic material.
- It’s designed for efficient watering, reliability, and durability.
- This has a wide watering coverage feature.
- Also, this has a vast range of discharge capacity.
- Quite expensive
- Missing parts
3. Flora Plastic 4 Ltrs Garden Water Sprinkler in Yellow Colour:
It’s a four-armed sprinkler from the Flora brand. It has a wide radius for spreading water between six to nine diameters.
- Flora Water Sprinkler is made with plastic material.
- It is easy to use
- This has a wide-spreading radius
- It is affordable for everyone
- This sprinkler can hold 4 liters of water.
- Poor quality product
- Leakages at the center axial
4. Kisan Kraft Female Sprinkler KK-IRIS-2010:
This is an affordable & durable product. It is used in both a private gardens as well as farms. The sprinkler discharges a wide radius efficiently and works flawlessly with a motor.
- Kisan Kraft Female Water Sprinkler made with sturdy material
- This discharges water into a wide radius
- Also, this is an effective sprinkler
- Does not rotate well
- Poor quality
5. JW Water Sprinkler with 4 Arms:
This has four arms that cover approximately six to eight meters in diameter depending on the pressure of water. The pipes can connect to an outdoor faucet. The sprinkler is easy to use & it is good for gardens and vegetable patches.
- JW Water Sprinkler made with premium quality material
- It operates with various water or hose pipe sizes – ½, ¾, and 1 inch.
- This is a sturdy & durable product
- Also, this is easy to use
- Leakage from joints
6. Fieldstar Brass Impact Drive Water Sprinkler with Paint Coated Garden Watering Irrigation Sprayer Head:
This sprinkler sprays water in a range of 8 to 12 meters. Also, it sprinkles water evenly with high efficiency and long range. The angles of the sprinkler are adjustable and convenient for water conservation.
- Field star Water Sprinkler outlet made with brass material
- It operates with a pressure of 0.2 and 0.35 MPa.
- This product has good quality
- It has long-range watering
- Also, it has adjustable angles.
- Relatively expensive
- Difficult to use
7. Kisan Kraft Water Sprinkler KK-IRIS-2021:
This sprinkler comes with a quality plastic finishing. And this comes with a warranty of 6 months.
- Kisan Kraft Water Sprinkler nozzle made with brass material.
- It is affordable for everyone.
- Also, it is easy to use.
- Waters in two direction
- Damaged nozzle
8. Kisan Kraft Male Sprinkler KK-IRIS-2020:
This is a sturdy sprinkler & comes ¾ inches in size. It discharges between distances of 10 to 12 feet and can be adjusted in two modes: distance and arc. Also, the sprinklers discharge water in a 360° motion.
- Kisan Kraft Male Sprinkler made with durable plastic material
- This is a quality product
- And convenient for heavy-duty projects
- Defective parts
- Quite expensive
9. Generic 3 Arms & 360 Degree Garden Lawn Sprinkler with Garden Yard Irrigation System:
This sprinkler is convenient for garden lawns or yards and suitable for water conservation. And fitted with a long-range impulse sprinkling system.
- Generic Water Sprinklers made with plastic material.
- Designed with a three-arm sprinkler.
- This has a long-range watering capacity.
- Also, this has a lightweight
- It covers area of 360°
- Defective parts
- Easy blockage of the holes
10. Ketsy 736 3 Feet Water Sprinkler with Adjustable Four Arm & Iron Base:
This is a three feet size sprinkler and comes with an iron base surface to provide exceptional support. The tool has a four-arm water sprinkler and discharges water at a 360° radius.
- Ketsy Water Sprinkler comes with an adjustable four-arm & iron base
- Easy to use
- It’s a good product
- Also, its installation is easy
- Relatively expensive
- Missing parts
11. Ketsy 771 Gardening Brass Water Sprinkler with 34 sizes & 27 Degree Trajectory Angle:
This is a sturdy sprinkler & comes 3/4″ in size & designed with a 27° trajectory angle and rotates automatically, discharging water efficiently. It discharges water in a 12- to 25-foot radius, convenient for heavy-duty and home use.
- Ketsy Gardening Water Sprinkler nozzle made with brass material
- This is a quality product
- It is convenient for multipurpose usage
- Also, it is affordable for everyone
- Has no reducer for adjustable fitting
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of the top 10 best water sprinklers. So, it should be easy for you to determine which sprinkler is best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best water sprinkler for you along with valuable benefits.
What is a water sprinkler?
It is a device with tiny perforated holes attached to a pipe or hose, used in watering plants, crops, or lawns.
How do water sprinklers work?
It works on the concept of pressure, where water flows through the pipe and pushes the sprinklers above the ground. When the water pressure reduces, the sprinklers retract back into the ground and stop discharging water.
What are the types of sprinkler irrigation?
There are various types of sprinkler irrigation: drip systems, soaker hoses, traditional spray systems, and rotor systems.
When should you use a sprinkler?
The best time to use sprinklers is in the morning when there is a calm breeze and the temperature is cooler to reduce the rate of evaporation.
What are the advantages of the sprinkler system?
Water sprinklers offer uniform water distribution with high efficiency, conserve water loss, and provide smooth and accurate measurement of water distribution.
How does sprinkler irrigation save water?
The sprinkler irrigation system applies the required amount of water through efficient irrigation.
Is it better to run sprinklers at night or morning?
It is better to run sprinklers when the temperature is cooler like in the morning or before dawn to minimize the evaporation rate. Please note, that running sprinklers at night may lead to diseases.
Which is better drip irrigation or sprinkler?
Drip irrigation is more advisable compared to sprinklers due to water conservation.
Do sprinklers use a lot of water?
Sprinklers might use a lot of water if not properly installed and also depends on how often it is used. However, in general, sprinklers are used to conserve water consumption.